Reviews for A Single Step
yuli98 chapter 2 . 6/20/2013
Update update update update update! ! This is awesome!
Marie Vulffe chapter 2 . 12/4/2012
I'm liking this so far; the premise is an interesting and original one. It makes sense that the Spirits would be angry at him for using them the way he did - taking their names in vain, so to speak. I can't wait to see where this leads...hope to see more soon!
Ehlonna the Demoness chapter 2 . 11/11/2012
000011119999222 chapter 2 . 7/30/2012
This is really good! :D

Your writing style is wonderful, and the way you've characterized Amon is so perfect that it's almost scary. xD In a good way, of course - meaning that, basically, you've got this characterization thing down. :D And your grammar and sentence structure and word choice and *_* I'm sorry, I'm sort of a writing/grammar/anything to do with English nerd, and your writing was fantastic.

And not to mention the story. :D I love the "Legend of Korra" (and I was severely disappointed when Amon died at the end of it... I feel like even though he'd dropped the "Amon mask" and headed out to start another new life, his canon-death didn't allow him to actually redeem himself in the viewer's eyes - which is such a shame) and I'm excited to see where this story goes. So, you should definitely update soon, as I will loyally be reading this fanfic and loyally reviewing every chapter! :3 I don't want to seem pushy, though, so don't rush or anything.

-Sunny
WaterPrincess17 chapter 2 . 7/11/2012
I love it so much! I can't wait to find out whats next
Guest chapter 2 . 7/6/2012
please try and finish it! its so awesome so far!
Sylla chapter 2 . 7/6/2012
Ooooh.

I admit, the first chapter, with that scene with the spirits, left me a little ambivalent toward this story. It just seemed somehow rushed—but perhaps that was just me, and it *was* very well-written, so I decided to stick this story on alerts and give it another go. Suffice to say, I'm glad I stuck around for the second chapter! Things seem to be getting very interesting indeed.

I like that Amon really has no desire to help destroy the Equalist movement, but is backed into a corner. At the risk of sounding controlling (... I think?), I hope you don't fall into the trap of painting the movement as more evil than it really is. Their methods were despicable, but they *did* have a point. I do like how you point out that benders have certain job opportunities open to them that non-benders don't, though—even if I don't quite agree with the extend of economic disparity that'd cause. But that's more of a matter of personal interpretation, I'd imagine.

Anyway. Looking forward to (delicious Amon-Korra interaction in) the next chapter! :D
Guest chapter 2 . 7/5/2012
I love the plot idea. Can't wait to see where this goes! :)
vanessa90 chapter 2 . 7/5/2012
Wonderful chapter I can hardly wait for the next one. :3
OveractiveImagination39 chapter 2 . 7/5/2012
Dun, dun, dun!

Oh this next chapter is going to be interesting!How many people want to kick his butt? And most are right there on the island!

Glad you found the time to write. I like how this is going and appreciate the thought you have put into it. I am looking forward to more when you get the chance.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/5/2012
it's really interesting so far, please update soon _
mintography chapter 2 . 7/5/2012
I like how this is going with Noatak/Amon's redemption! Thanks for creating this story!
Artemis Day chapter 2 . 7/5/2012
The kids are just too cute. :D

Ciao!
phel-from-grace chapter 2 . 7/4/2012
I'm really enjoying this; it's such a clever segue to a continuation of LoK. While Amon's canon ending had a lot of depth, I couldn't help but disagree with the outcome since I firmly believe that redemption is through life and not death. So anyways, it makes me happy to read these type of fics, where there's detailed resolution; not just with Noatak/Amon, but also for the Equalist cause.

I really hope this spices up to intense Amorra. I noticed an anon left a message saying to stick with Makorra (note to anon: it's more like 20 years age diff, maybe a lil more, but Amorrians see past trivial details like age gaps). While I have nothing against that pairing, I think amorra will be so much more intense, since they both 'hate' eachother in the beginning, and mixed with themes of forgiveness and redemption, plus all the potential for character development- ouf, it'll be one rollercoaster ride of feels!

Anyways, awesome work so far. Hope to read more soon. _
Jovianokami chapter 2 . 7/4/2012
Hoh! I can see a fight scene coming up. So how will Amon convicet Korra the real spirits have take to him? After, he did say before they spoke to him. So if Amon not going to be the main bad guy here. Who is?