Reviews for The Rain Stays The Same
forestofmyown chapter 1 . 12/12/2013
. . . I'm back again. Don't mind me, I just can't get this story out of my head and thought I'd share some info gathered by my new obsession. I'm also posting this review in chapter one because it won't let me review a second time for the same chapter, so anyone who reads reviews before a chapter, this one goes through chapters 1-14 and may contain spoilers.

Firstly, you use betroth to refer to a person, but it's an action – to betroth someone. Betrothed, however, is used to refer to the person involved.

Lord Macintosh used a mace and spear in the movie, never a sword (not that I mind, he probably knows how to use a sword one way or the other - after all, his son does).

The movie is set during the Medieval period, specifically the tenth century according to the wiki. The word guitar didn't come into popular use until the 12th century and referred to certain chordophones. You could easily have had her just playing a Lyre, like represents the clan, or a harp, but it didn't bother me that much.

The name Magnus was brought to England by the Scandinavians during the Middle Ages, so I'm not so sure about it's use here when it would have still been a foreign name. Despite that, it is an awesome name.

During this period, French was probably the official language, though the majority still spoke Scottish Gaelic and English was becoming common along with Flemish in the burghs. Latin was also common later on for written records, though most of their history was oral rather than written. So I was just wondering what language or languages do Evey and the Macintoshes speak? As a duchess of Saxony, she's German, right? Her name is English in origin, though.

Most outsiders viewed the Scots as barbaric during this time, so I wanted to know if the premise for this story is historically accurate, but I couldn't find anything.

That all being said, I still adore this story, and there isn't a thing you could do to make me stop loving it (seriously, you could have WWII break out and I wouldn't care, I'm too immersed in it already). I just thought I'd throw out some constructive information, in case it was any help, and pose a few questions I had personally. I love history and culture, but this isn't really a period or region I know much about, so researching has been fun! Let me know if I've got anything wrong.

I really, really, really hope you continue soon! I keep rereading the line “we see even more fluff between Magnus and Evey” and squealing with anticipation!
forestofmyown chapter 14 . 12/9/2013
I am absolutely in love with this story! It is officially my favorite on ALL of . I mean that. And it's like the only Lord Macintosh story! I was so sad, but then I started reading, and it now doesn't matter that there isn't more, because this one would best them all, anyway. I am DYING for more! It's beautiful, original, well written, and so believable and romantic! I read through all fourteen chapters in one sitting, and I would still be reading if there was more. I hope you release another chapter soon, and I'll be waiting on the tips of my toes until then! Wonderful work, thank you so much for writing!
anonymous chapter 14 . 10/22/2013
Absolutely AMA...ZING! Brilliant. Write soon please.
anonymous chapter 14 . 10/20/2013
PLEASE WRITE SOON! I need to read the rest! Please oh please
anonymous chapter 14 . 10/16/2013
OMFG! TOTALLY AMAZING! My friend told me about this story since we are both BRAVE fans and she said it was amazing and I have to agree. The whole storyline is brilliant. Please update soon! I can't wait!
anonymous chapter 14 . 10/13/2013
Please write soon. My friend told me about this site and story and I loved it. I hope u get to finish soon
anonymous chapter 14 . 10/13/2013
OMG! Totally amazing! Please please please write more! Pretty pretty please!
Jacqueline chapter 14 . 7/1/2013
Very nice story so far.
Update soon :D
Shahrezad1 chapter 14 . 6/28/2013
YAY! :D Seeing this updated made me feel so happy. :3 And I'm glad that the events in this chapter have provided a...springboard? For the things to come. That Evey is slowly finding her way and that Vailean is going to hopefully cut back on the immaturity in his actions. -_- I look forward to seeing what the next chapter has in store, if your preview at the end is anything to go by, and I'm a little worried about that letter he just happened to slip between two books...

He didn't exactly take it out again, so who's going to find it, I wonder...? ;)

Excellent work!
lallyzippo chapter 13 . 3/29/2013
Good chapter
sophiashyaway chapter 13 . 3/5/2013
It was excellent, but so short. I can't wait till the next update.
shivaun18 chapter 13 . 2/27/2013
I just feel like throwing a stop sign at Vailean! STOP RUINING EVERYTHING FOR MAGNUS AND EVEY, VAILEAN YOU LITTLE SHIT. IF THE MARRIAGE IS CANCELLED THIS EARLY EVEY WILL HAVE TO GO HOME.
Shahrezad1 chapter 13 . 2/26/2013
Well. The truth is out, whether she wanted it to be or not. -sighs- Evey knows, Magnus knows, and even Vailean knows that THEY know. And I have a feeling that Merida is well on the way to knowing, as well.

Plus Evey's parents. -coughs-

That being said, I'm VERY interested in seeing what his letter has to say about the whole situation. And I fear...I really do fear that Vailean's choices are going to hurt Evey in the process. Hurt her pride and her standing, and treat her very existence there as though it is a mockery.

Then again, this situation may simply result in freedom for all of them. Or possibly cause Magnus to step up and work out an alliance regardless. Hmm, the future has tons of possibilities at this point. And I know that my stating them back at you really has no purpose (you do, after all, know what's coming). But it's interesting to think about the ramifications of what could be...

Excellent work, and I loved the inclusion of Merida in the moment. Thank heavens for her timing cutting in on Magnus' question. -laughs weakly-
sophiashyaway chapter 12 . 2/4/2013
This is amazing! Update the next chapter soon!
leakinoshiro chapter 12 . 2/4/2013
I really enjoy this story. Please keep it up!