Reviews for Casting Stones
kitsunephoenix chapter 5 . 6/12/2008
No. No, no, no, no, no. I am not a Tasuki/Miaka girl I am not a... Gah. I think I'm in denial -.- You are very slowly yet surely turning me towards Miaka/Tasuki romance, but ONLY because it's so very well written -

Anyway.

Oh wow, drama. Very well written drama. Ack, you had me almost in tears with the raw emotions here. You can really feel the emotions and the realism of the relationship. Have you done the same thing as you did with White Stones? Ack. Well, I guess I'll just have to go read Hidden Paths for the happy ending. That will have a happy ending, right?

Even with the serious aspects in this chapter, you still manage to add some great moments of humour.

Till next time Roku.

Mary
kitsunephoenix chapter 4 . 6/12/2008
Roku... This chapter very nearly got me into trouble during an exam XD I had finished and was sat bored and the bathroom scene popped into my head... Smothering laughter was not easy -

So, you're picking on poor Dee now are ya? I swear your reviewers put their lives on the line when they give you feedback - I tell ya, if you gave me the introduction you'd given her I'd have run screaming... Apart from the possibility of meeting Chichiri... -shifty eyes-

"who's gonna snap him out of his post-violence orgasmic daydream?" Again, I love your Mitsukake :D I laughed for a long time at those images of him -

Ahaha, Tama attempting to deal with drunken Tasuki is brilliant - did he not realise that getting him drunk would make it less likely to get information out of him?

Poor Tama-chan, lots of people thinking he bats for the other team today...

And then Tokaki enters... -begins laughing again-

And there's Mitsu's wonderful sarcasm coming into play :D .. Just before that bathroom scene. Gods, I swear I was laughing so hard I couldn't breath... After working out what they were talking about of course -

"A tragic case of terminal filthy mind, I'm afraid." And then that just killed me :D

Bahaha! I don't know what Dee is complaining about... I think I would have just about killed myself laughing had I opened the door onto that particular scene... Especially after your line to Tokaki. But then I would have had several irritated seishi, not to mention director, after my blood..

Let's hope the real Taiitsukun never gets to hear about this, ne?

Yay, non-sexist Tasuki! But boo to shin... But on second thoughts.. Shin's what has kept us all so entertained during this..

... I would give up all of my worldly worth to be at this play at this point in time I think... Too bad it isn't really happening -sigh- Full frontal Chichiri.

I know why you're covering your eyes! It costs you money to see naked Bishonen -nods-

Haha, and of course Chichiri can dodge the slippers :D

One of the most emotional moments between Tasuki, Chichiri and Mitsu. So of course Shin ruins it XD I think anyone's patience would have been used up with those pranks, even Chichiri's. And Chichiri chasing him with the Shakujou is just too funny for words -

"As usual, my few lines have now been deleted." Poor Mitsu -pats him- There there. It's karma for not helping Roku when Chichiri had the missile launcher -

Poor Roku, being mistreated by the seishi again, arent you?

Hmm... Chichiri with the hilarious lines again there. At least Tomo has the good sense not to aske which orifice -

-Giggles- Girl spit XD

.. You know you're going to get severly murdered by your Chichiri loving crew members soon, right?

And the Akugi! Hehehe, The Doctor showed up :D And had an argument over Chichiri with Mitsu XD But who can blame him? -

"So that would explain the hundreds of people watching us at this moment." Yes, yes it would :D

And while you are being maliciously tortured by The Swarm, your actors replace you. Poor Roku -

Um... Yep, you get another ramble. Ja!
inuphantom13 chapter 5 . 5/3/2006
Hey Roku-san, I finally finished all 15 chappies of Casting Stones, and I've just gotta say, you've done it again! _ I laughed, I cried, I...laughed some more XD I especially loved in chapter, what was it, 13 I think, where Chichiri gets "taken over" by the Shin and acts like Clint Eastwood, and then first he uses a whip, then a gun (forgot which type XP), then finally a MISSLE LAUNCHER! XD God, I didn't know whether to look away and convince myself that did NOT just happen, or to just laugh hysterically. Of course I chose the second, because between that and Mitsukake's reaction, how could you NOT laugh! XD Anyway, I'm glad that my review for WS helped make your day better, and I hope this review helps you as well! _ Please update soon, I can't wait to read the next chappie! _
Chichiri's Girl chapter 5 . 3/7/2006
Whoa, Roku!

A very powerful chapter. My favorite eye-blinking part is the confrontation between Tasuki and Chaotic Serenity. Funny how the "Purple Popsicle" crowd thinks they know it all about love and relationships when it is all just a mental supposition. I feel like the generation gap between the two combatants was very clear...Good Job!
Jessica Wolfe chapter 5 . 2/27/2006
Wonderful as always Roku-chan! You weave the characters back and forth (between worlds and the 4th wall) masterfully and I always enjoy it. It's nice to see Miaka's more mature side as well. Keep up the good work and I hope your sinuses and head-brain-mush all gets well soon!
nashie-chan chapter 5 . 2/23/2006
Touchingly beautiful, as always. Your gift of dialogue still amazes me. Can't wait for the next chapter.

- nashie
Ryuen chapter 5 . 2/23/2006
(Would log in, but it keeps saying I already reviewed this chapter, so...yes, anonymous review it is.)

Anyway, I only have a minute before I have to run off to the bus stop, but I wanted to leave you a review while this chapter was still fresh in my mind.

Dammit, Roku, you made me cry. That last part with Tasuki and Miaka...gah. The emotion was so THERE I could feel it tearing into me, and that's some damned good writing when you can do that-when you can fill every word with the kind of feeling that just HURTS when you read it. Gah. Fantastic, amazing work.

I also love the drama before that, the attack and defense of the Tasuki/Miaka relationship which is so much at the center of everything in this story-and White Stones, of course. Tasuki's speech in particular was just...incredible. Wise and real and yet still so Tasuki, and again completely packed full with emotion.

Anyway, I'm way past time and going to be late if I don't leave now, but know that I think this was a risky, chance-taking chapter that you pulled off magnificently, and as always, I can't wait for more!
Wingstar23 chapter 5 . 2/22/2006
hm... why is it you always seem to update right when i need a bit of advice or a good laugh (in this case the first)? it's kinda funny...

anyways: actual review time! i loved this chapter- i think it was one of your best- even through the haze of sickness . such honest emotion, some real, some not-so much, but all coming together beautifully. i don't think i'll ever forget Tasuki's lines... about love and about life. my favourite was the 'control of the universe' ones though; somehow, they just...fit. i've said it a thousand times over, but only you can fix everything with a story. and this one is just amazing- comedic genius with so much heartbreak i think i may just end up crying at the end. bittersweet comedy- tricky buisness. and you pull it off wonderfully *bows* honestly, i've not read better in a long, long time. keep writing, you're getting better with each new piece.

Tenshi Kitsune
Poor Dee-chan chapter 4 . 1/21/2006
Argh, stupid ff-dot-net. Apparently I've "already reviewed this chapter," so I have to be anonymous for the moment. (Grumble grumble grumble)

Heheh, I've gotta agree with the other reviewers: I've certainly missed this fanfic. When the review alert hit my mailbox, I started grinning like an idiot. I was supposed to be tutoring the Japanese 1 students, but you can guess how that turned out...

"Dee, what does this mean?"

"I don't know, but this is HILARIOUS!"

"Dee, I'm gonna fail my katakana test!"

"And I'm gonna fall out of my chair! Ha! 'Compare sizes'! That's brilliant!"

But I digress.

This was a muy entertaining chapter, and I'm not just saying that because I got a cameo. _ I loved the way you worked out those "awkward moment" scenes. The seishi/Roku mock orgy was a hoot, and I was giggling like a madman during the "shakujou" incident because, about halfway through the bizarre dialogue, I figured out what they were *actually* talking about, and then I got to watch "myself" just about have a seizure. Poor Dee-chan indeed. And speaking of "Poor Dee-chan" (who feels anything but), I'd like to thank you for making me a victim - *ahhem* - I mean a part of this experience. Even if the "fiction me" is now scarred for life, at least it's a moment I'll never forget. _

Tasuki and Tamahome's drunken argument made for an interesting scene, though I can't help but cringe a little bit at the tense moments that are sure to come. I'm quite curious to see how you're going to end this rising conflict, so hopefully the next chapter won't take too terribly long to arrive (not that I have any room to talk about overdue updates, heheh).

Tasuki's rant about women made me smile. Harsh as his words were, I liked his message. Yay for Tasuki not being a sexist pig-dog! And of course the truth serum made for a nice bit of comedy (even if it totally ruined my favorite "White Stones" scene! Damn you Shin!). And Chichiri blocked the slippers! Further proof of his ultimate kickassitude. I wish this really *was* a play. It'd be one hell of a fun one, you gotta admit, even if everything *is* going wrong. But hey, at least we all get to see Chichiri naked, right? . I loved Tasuki's "confessions" to Chichiri and the classic Boushin treatment for getting rid of Shin. Nice. A shame no one thought of that before all the disasters... but I guess that wouldn't have been nearly as entertaining, huh? And of course: "Ew, girl spit!" One of my favorite lines, I think.

Wow, this review is *really* starting to ramble. I'd better find a track and stay on it.

So yes! While I didn't think this was your funniest chapter to date (13 and its "demon-killing scene" currently hold that prize, I think) I still thought it was a great chapter to end the parade of silliness, and while I sit in curious anticipation about the drama to come, I can't help but think to myself...

'How's Roku gonna write the next chapter when the Swarm are currently splicing her with a goat? She has a hard enough time typing as it is - she'll *never* manage with hooves!'

Heh. Sorry, couldn't resist. Silliness strikes at midnight. So do a lot of serial kilers in bad horror movies, apparently.

Jaa ne for now, and I'll see you in "Hidden Paths" sometime soon!

Dee _
Jessica Wolfe chapter 4 . 1/14/2006
Wonderful! (as always _) Poor Dee-chan! But that was so funny. I love the way you play with the guys, it's just so fun. It's almost like they're right there whispering in your ear as you write. Bravo, and keep it up!
Etrurielle chapter 4 . 1/10/2006
wow, roku you amaze me. After a long casting stones hiatus, you still got it. I laughed I cried...well I didn't cry but I was still entertained, and it was exactly the distraction I needed from all the thousands of scholarships I have to do so that I could actually pay for the college I was accepted to. Stupid Ivy leagues and the kazillion dollars they expect their students to pay *grumble grumble*. But really the slight tas/chi moment, yes I'll admit it, I'm a tasuki/chichiri fangirl and that was wonderful and hilarious, almost as much as the comparing of "shafts." poor Dee.

anyway great chapter, now get to work on Hidden Paths, I need more of the Doctor outside of crazy Akugis. lol.

Etrurielle
Wingstar23 chapter 4 . 1/8/2006
BACK! *dances joyfully* right then, much to say little time/space to say it in so here goes; brilliant! well done! i missed this ficlet so much, i'd almost forgotten how much i loved it (*that* made alot of sense, i'm sure...)! i don't think i've smiled so much in about three months! every time i read this it gets better, no joke! i especially loved the way you tortured poor dee-chan! *giggle* i had to keep reminding myself that chiri' was talking about shakujous to keep from blushing at one point... not to mention you're seishi/director pile-up! that was absolutely brilliant! i nearly woke up my whole household because of this chapter (teach me to read at 11pm ') and especially tokaki! i love his character! bloody awesome! oh!oh! i nearly forgot- the near-slash scene between tasuki and chichiri! i had to bite down on my pillow for nearly the entire scene to avoid waking people! but on the not-comedic note, i feel so incredibly sorry for tasuki and tama next chapter... i hope they don't kill each other . or worse... but knowing you and the incredible amounts of creative you've got, no matter what happens, it'll be great! *looks up, realises she's written a novel again* off to work with Kitsune then. i'll be in the stands, as per usual, patiently waiting for life to not be insane again. .

Tenshi Kitsune
Ryuen chapter 4 . 1/7/2006
So...bit of weirdness. Since I reviewed the previous version of chapter four, it won't let me sign in and review this one. o.O But I have confounded it with my anonomity, so huzzah.

Anyway, YAY, the Doctor! Too bad about "Roku" getting Swarmily abducted and such, but I'm sure she'll figure a way out. Probably has some industrial strength Raid tucked in a pocket or something, or at the very least can call on the help of a certain fearsome puppy who would be more than happy to chomp those oversized bugs to bits.

Anyway, 'nuff chatter-love this chapter and so glad Casting Stones is back! I've already told you my favorite bits, but I'll reiterate a bit: I love "Evil" Tamahome and Tokaki's ill-fated, attempted orgy, I love Chichiri and Miroku comparing "shafts," I love Tasuki subjected to the truth serum, and the "Boushin tactic" was a stroke of genius. Excellent, hilarious work as usual, and I can't wait for the next installment!
Liera Antionette chapter 3 . 6/28/2005
I know I probably did a double post but please make another one! this was so hilarious!
Starry Knight chapter 2 . 9/1/2004
Hi, Roku-senpai!

I'm sure I'm not the first on the site to pop up out of nowhere and suddenly declare myself a fan of your stories-but it's true!

One day while I was at study hall at boarding school, a friend emailed me the link saying I HAD to read it, and I did. It made me laugh out loud, and now the ladies who "monitor" us during study hall have a decidedly skewed opinion of my reading material!

This was really one of the only FY fics that was worth following. I don't really care for fanfiction in general-I'd rather write than read, but the intense quality of your thoughts and your appreciation for the characters and plot of the original story made both this and "White Stones" dazzling, meaningful stories. I can't truthfully say that about too many other stories.

Now I KNOW you've heard this one, but the ban on scriptfics makes all of us REALLY PISSED OFF. A fic I've got in the Fire Emblem section is in imminent danger of being booted off. My readers signed and sent a petition, but to no avail. Honestly! "Unleash your imagination and free your soul"...but only if you can cram it into a template, shut it in a box, and then throw it into the air to flounder!

It's great that you've created a new site to rebel against the Nazi regime of ! Rock on, and hope you know that almost everyone who's still clinging to this scumbag site

SUPPORTS YOU ONE HUNDRED PERCENT!

Don't give up!