Reviews for Homecoming
HMRoberts chapter 8 . 6/7
I JUST discovered you and your fantastic tale! Please... I'm, at best, an inconstant author with a flighty must, but mine is tiny - and skinny (unlike myself, unfortunately :( ) - and yours is big and bold and, and, and...

Okay, I ran out of superlatives, there. But, seriously, puh-leeze do continue? I want to see how they get to "I'm pregnant", too.

Love, chocolate or anything else that makes you and your muse happy!
-Heidi
TiaKisu chapter 8 . 3/7
What a pleasant surprise. When I saw the alert for this new chapter in my inbox, that instantly put a smile on my face. I really love this story and am happy to see you continuing with those little extra-scenes. Here's hoping to see more of them coming. :)
Crystalline Green chapter 3 . 2/18
I've enjoyed your take on Walter's detachment from his past actions here. This has been something I've found quite striking in revisiting these early episodes, how bullish he is still, much more like 'Walternate' than the man we get to know later, the Walter who is beginning to accept and regret his many previous transgressions and who feels the wight of his guilt settle upon him, as he recovers from his ordeal at St Claire's.

Peters anger at everything must be fierce indeed, and I feel him trying to both express that and reign himself in with his journey through music here.

As for Olivia, her inability to find the right words - of comfort, of mutual experience - is painful, and so very Olivia; who has so little faith and confidence in herself.

I'm reminded of how much these two truly need each other, even if they don't know it yet.
CileSuns92 chapter 8 . 2/16
Or course when there's food the Bishop boy are brought together! :P

I'm so glad you resurrected this. Anytime somebody resurrects a story it's special, but I feel like we can all relive the whole series with this one. I'm the kind of person that as soon as the last episode is ended starts again from the pilot in and endless cycle of rewatch whenever I need a comforting routine (and considering Fringe comforting is saying something XD), so making my brain work again and mull over possibilities for each episode is fabulous.

Sorry for the late review. I squealed when I saw the e-mail in my inbox, but then being an adult happened and time slipped away. (Technically I'm still working right now, but hey...) I truly hope you can write more of this, hoping inspiration strikes like it's 2014 again!

Thank you for this update, once again.
Crystalline Green chapter 2 . 2/16
I think you've captured the landscape of Olivia's thoughts perfectly here. That conflict between the betrayal of one man, and an unyet undefined feeling of comfort, companionship and strength gained from another. With the benefit of hindsight, we know that had its roots deep in her past, but here Olivia was deeply decided, hurt and confused.

But then something is whispering to her - 'She couldn't explain it, but she definitely felt it.' - waiting to be discovered or accepted...
Crystalline Green chapter 1 . 2/14
I find myself again, thinking more in depth about who Olivia is and how she deals with trauma, because I've read your work.
I know we saw her moment absolute emotional devastation, publicly displayed in the aftermath of John's death; but the girl got back on the horse so unbelievably fast, ploughing herself back into work, into unravelling mysteries which she's only just glimpsed the tip of as she's been ensnared by Broyles' Fringe department. Even as a viewer, it's quite easy to be fooled by her steel armour, but not you. You have perforated it to delve into her mind, heart and soul. Revealing how vulnerable and alone she really is, how shockingly and sickeningly betrayed she was at this time, and how warped her reality has suddenly become.

I love that you also incorporate moments of her past pain into this moment, even though we were unaware of this layer of damage previously inflicted on her, but which have had such a heavy influence on her life.
I love even more that you've brought her so quickly to talk to Peter, even if it took him a moment to set that sarcasm aside and allow himself to talk to her as one human to another. You've shown them both finding something that they each need during the course of a short conversation, along with perhaps the first realisation on each of their parts, that this is indeed the case.

Cheers E
Yay, and I don't even need to grovel for the next chapter, because it's right there already. Come on crazy old man baby, let's be 'avin ya!
Meme chapter 8 . 2/13
GIRL, YOU NEED TO WRITE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOORREEEEEEEEE!
fringelawyer chapter 8 . 2/13
Ambre,
Thank you for coming back to this series. Covering the Fringe saga from "Sounds like a massive pain in the ass" to "I'm pregnant" is a daunting task, so whatever you can give your followers from time to time is greatly appreciated. "The Equation" is always painful to watch, but your addendum adds a poignant and uplifting ending to the original. I get excited each time I receive a notification that you have posted a new story or chapter. Again, my sincere thanks.
Judith chapter 8 . 2/12
Loved it as usual. a little sad...Peter struggling with a half mad Walter... and just the beginning of the new family cell.
Thank you!
angellcakes23 chapter 8 . 2/12
I talways puts a giant smile on my face when i get a notification that one of your fics have been updated :D
I sure do miss these three so much still
Crystalline Green chapter 8 . 2/12
I was so hoping that you would come back to this. Good thing I have a bottle of Makers Mark available, because you have re-awakened my desire to watch Fringe, and to bookend each episode by reading the previous 7 chapters and this one again after. That Bourbon has been asking me to watch again for months and it seems it's going to have to happen. Your work never fails to make me get to that place, where watching becomes inevitable.

It's easy to forget how fragile Olivia's relationship with Peter was in the beginning. How despite that magnetism between them, there was a real reluctance - though for very different reasons - from both of them. Then you remind us that Walter was thickening the mix, a man who was both a burden and their greatest advocate and I feel the opposing forces wrestling again.

I love that you've touched up Dunham's uneasy ease with children. I can't remember how evident that was within this specific episode, but it was always there. Perhaps she didn't have confidence in herself, but I always thought she was someone with very strong, natural maternal instincts. Must be linked with that protective drive that I associate with her, which again you pick up on here with her deep sense of responsibility, even for things beyond her control.

It seems I never reviewed the other chapters, even though I know I read them; how rude of me. It seems I owe you a few more as I go.
Thanks :o)
Andrina chapter 7 . 12/22/2016
Well, I've just found this. As it's been nearly two years since you posted this last chapter, I doubt there'll be another update, but I wanted to let you know that I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for posting.
nochance chapter 7 . 8/18/2016
Please update this.
nochance chapter 3 . 8/18/2016
You make Peter sound like a regular Byronic hero.
judithedna chapter 7 . 1/1/2015
Loved the way their relationship is developing, and the humor here and there, on Peter's part. She is gradually discovering him to be her friend, her best friend. Like it.