Reviews for The Black Wolf
Publicola chapter 10 . 2/24
Again, so many idiots. What exactly is James thinking? He knows that Cersei's children are in fact the Kingslayer's, he knows that the Lannisters have committed treason in that act, he has good reason to believe (via Lysa Arryn) that the Lannisters killed the last Hand of the King to cover up that fact, he knows for a fact (via Bran Stark) that Jaime Lannister tried to kill his little brother for the same reason... and what is he actually doing? He decides to sleep with the same Queen that has done all this, to make himself a *participant* in their treason? What the heck?

Why hasn't he told Ned Stark? Why hasn't he told the King? Why hasn't he acted on the knowledge of this treason? Why has he gone out of his way to make himself a traitor?
Publicola chapter 9 . 2/24
...Why isn't he telling his father what he knows? I understand that the Red Keep may be insecure, but surely James could find *some* time or opportunity to give the news. Or just go straight to the King. I mean seriously, he has everything he needs right there. He could even confess that Cersei 'tried' to seduce him - so that her accusations that he did sleep with her come as no surprise.

...Why the Idiot Balls?
Publicola chapter 8 . 2/24
So this story is full of idiots. I mean, really.

Lord Commander Mormont feels that James has spent too much time away from the Wall that he's forgetting his place on the Night's Watch. So what does he do? Sends James back to his family in King's Landing for even more time away from the Wall for recruiting. Great job; that'll teach him.

James Stark feels that Jon Snow's head is in the clouds, that he thinks of the Night's Watch as a marvelous and honorable institution, but that he will be miserable there if he joins. So what does he do? Holds his tongue until it's too late and Jon has already made a commitment to join the Night's Watch, and doesn't even encourage him to return once Jon realizes how miserable he will be. Great job; that's real brotherly love right there.

James Stark wants to share news with his brother that the Lannisters (or at least, one in particular) was responsible for Bran's fall, but doesn't want Tyrion Lannister to find out. So what does he do? Sends Tyrion out of the room, warns Jon to keep this a secret, then tells Jon. And what does Jon do? Shout "DAMN THE LANNISTERS" at the very top of his lungs even though there's another Lannister in the hallway outside. Great job; way to keep this news from getting out.

That makes three. Hopefully we won't see four as a result of this chapter - that is, if Catelyn concludes that Tyrion tried to kill Bran, despite having every reason to believe that Jaime was the one targeting her son.

I like your writing, and I think you've done a great job introducing the setting and your additions to it. But why did you have to go and make everyone so frustratingly idiotic? What's the point?
Read this trash chapter 13 . 11/24/2015
This story would have been intresting if he did not join the nights watch but now it's trash
HoosierCullen chapter 15 . 6/4/2015
I liked this and I really like your James character. He is the right kind of hero for this fic. The fact you kept close to the series (TV) canon as you could just implementing his part in it all was a great way of doing things, though I think some things could have changed a bit more. I liked you saving Bran the serious injury that he could have been affected by with his being shoved from the Tower. I see James eventually being fine with killing again and the trek north should be quite interesting.

One issue I consistently noticed while reading. You tend to use Than when you should use Then. and some other minor grammatical glitches. But other than that, which is very minor, I really liked this story.
Rascal chapter 3 . 5/17/2014
Maybe Ned Stark will live she says...
Maybe James will ignore Cercei...
Maybe James will come out of this unscathed...

And maybe whales will fly.
Arian Arch chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
When do we get a Sequel to the Black Wolf?
Sirisha23 chapter 14 . 4/22/2013
Amazing story. I loved reading this fanfiction. Thanks for writing it. Keep up the great work. Good luck on all your future endeavors.
lilnudger82 chapter 14 . 4/21/2013
Amazing first story I loved it and would have reviewed it two hundred times over if I could. I can't wait to read the next.
Heardnotseen chapter 14 . 3/6/2013
Couldn't help but read through to the end. You have a magnificent story that goes in tandem with the establish cannon. I'm very interested to see where you will go with this, what with Sansa being along for the journey to the Wall, and how you will deal with the future books/seasons (whichever your'e writing from).
Angie38 chapter 7 . 2/19/2013
You know I've always hated the way Catelyn treated Jon. I really can't stand her. Great story though.
Guest chapter 12 . 8/4/2012
aww...did you just give james teleportation abilities since he went from kings landing to winterfell and back in a short period of time. its even a lot faster than cat who is only at vale. instead of returning to winterfell he could probably accidentally meet cat leaving vale or edmure in riverrun which is more believable.
chronos the cookie thief chapter 14 . 8/1/2012
no fair to end it like that, you didn't even show what was james plan with arya after ned's death
chronos the cookie thief chapter 12 . 8/1/2012
good chapter, sad though but still well written
RachluvsMerlin chapter 12 . 8/1/2012
Nice chapter! Can't wait to see how the story progresses even more.