Reviews for Just For This Moment
Grac3 chapter 1 . 4/11/2015
Cute!
deletes chapter 1 . 12/1/2013
Ah! So good, you make me ship them so hard. Absolutely loved how you described them as puzzle pieces that connect, but now with friction. And how you wrote Remus&Sirius. Just everything really.
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Not ignore, Remus, just don't dwell.

Though, you're right, confronting it seems to be a better option.

Oh.

I see what you're doing! Your second aftertwelveyears!Fic, I see. I must say, it gets terribly addicting to do stuff like this (using Lily and James as an example). Though you interpret each meeting differently, and that's what makes them such a treat to read, because they're not all the same with the same Remus!Thoughts and the same actions. Which would be hard to accomplish, mind, but the philosophies behind it too, they're just separate and I think that'd be really fun to play out.

(for the first time in what feels like an eternity but has really only been just over a decade.) Very nicely worded. But you have a knack for that anyhow.

(create a gulf between them) I like how this is your essential 'fallback' because it really explains a lot about them and about what passed and had occurred. This is the only word that ever /begins/ to describe what happened and how it happened and why they can't exactly cross it because a gulf would be slightly difficult to pass.

(Those dark days of doubt.) I liked the alliteration with this. Especially with the words it encompasses.

(They are, as they have always been, /Remus&Sirius/, one entity in two bodies – separate, but always connected, always together.) I think this line is just perfect for everything that is everything about them. It really describes their relationship, and that's how I know they're about to mend it all. Because when this is how close it gets, then you really /can't/ come between that. Not with a million gulfs.

(Remus knows that believing this would be believing in a lie.) There is something about believing in lies that I enjoy a lot, but I'm glad that Remus is being the 'practical' one (per usual). And the way that the he feels the ambiance has changed, and that he can't place it because it's not a concrete being. I see that really well, because you can't really place the difference when they're so deep.

They really are quite lovely metaphorical puzzle pieces, aren't they?

It's really all that should ever matter, and yet it needs to be faced, and yet it's okay not to "Just for this moment." Lovely little ficlet.
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
For coming second place, you should receive 2 reviews from each judge. If you don't get these within in 2 weeks, please let me know and I will try to sort it out. Some are just really busy though.

Now, onto the review. This was a great story. You wrote it really well and your description was excellent. It really had me drawn in the whole time. And it was also quite sad. This pairing is growing on me. Well done and congrats for coming second.
cherryredxx chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Beautifully written, great imagery, and wonderful emotion. I am a really harsh critic of slash because it's not something that I am generally interested in, but I actually really enjoyed this. Good job!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Fasinating
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Grr, I hate having to unclick those buttons! #ffdotnetproblems

Anyways, I'm beginning to think you're on a Remus and Sirius kick. Not that I really mind because you've made me love this pairing. :D

I have absolutely no critism for this piece. All of it is wonderful and flows together nicely.

You had some particular awesome lines. "They are both broken, now, and Remus has known that, but now he can see it in the way they fit together – still, as always, like puzzle pieces, only now they are puzzle pieces with jagged edges that jostle and scrape together" - I really love how you describe them like this. It's completely gorgeous!

"But Remus is like an addict, and Sirius has always been his drug – no matter how much he may feel that they are dangerous together, better off apart, Remus can never stay away." - also, I like this one too. Can't really tell you why.

The quote from the summary was also a very good one too.

Overall? Brilliant :D
ladyoftheknightley chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
This was lovely! I liked the mixture of happiness and sadness - Remus realizing that Sirius was innocent must have been such a joyful moment for him, but of course things can't just go back to how they once were, because of everything that's changed, and I think you captured this perfectly. Your writing was also beautiful and haunting, which made this a pleasure to read :) Thanks for sharing!
Shira Lansys chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
So lovely!
UsernameAnna chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
This was really, really good! You have a way of explaining things in a intense way and that is pretty much what makes this fic so good. Cause the emotions of this fic is so strong even if you truly never explains in detail exactly what's going. Its a good thing that you don't cause then the reader gets to focus on what really matters. Really good work )

/ HopefulMe