Reviews for Strings
anon chapter 19 . 4/19
this was absolutely, flawlessly phenomenal! you took a pairing that's problematic at best and perfectly conveyed the shift of emotion about how they feel for each other, and instead of romanticising the, er, problematic-ness, you told the story in a way that shed light on the complicated emotions involved, all while keeping things in-character. 10/10, for sure.
Wow chapter 6 . 3/13
You are such an amazing writer, i don't think anyone has pulled this over better than you have.
Legend chapter 5 . 3/13
Okay that was adorable.
Legend chapter 4 . 3/13
At first i absolutely hated Tarrlok, and now i love him.

You're an amazing writer.
Legend chapter 3 . 3/13
This is so good, honestly i could never write chapters as long and interesting as yours.
Barleyguy chapter 19 . 2/28
I figured this was how it was going to end but I hoped that they would be back together again living in a house together by the end, I finally got around to reading the last chapter but realized I couldn't quite recall what happened so I reread the whole damn thing haha! Just as good the second time around eh, I'm happy that in the end and I mean the last few sentences Korra asked him out again. Friggen enjoyed this and hope you get around to writing that epilogue, loved the fanfic and as I always end a review with. Keep updating eh.
wow, the interaction between the two is great.
ah, good way to use the scene well.
well, now the really hard stuff happens. They really seem to have given little thought to what happens after republic city, just trusting her avatar status to protect him. And while it might work on the government, the mob is a whole other story.
Its interesting the fine line your walking here, between a caring relationship, and a seriously dysfunctional one, and the rapid way it seems to go back and forth.
for such a complex situation, you seem to have handled it quite well. Good job.
MalexisSomerholic chapter 3 . 2/19
I felt so bad for Korra... then I felt bad for Tarrlok... then I wanted to punch Tarrlok, then I felt bad for Korra... and then I really felt bad for Tarrlok AND Korra. :(
JagerIV chapter 19 . 2/19
Well, the story's done, having read through it in about two days time.

Time to summarize my thoughts on this undertaking.

First, your Korra Tarrlok interactions were generally good, showing a good combination of how creepy and messed up the situation was, while still having them care about each other.

How nice Tarrlok was at the ends seemed weird, but there was build up to it.

I guess its really just the end that bugs me a bit: its a tight, focused story with very significant themes well explored, until about chapter 8 or so, if my memory serves me correctly, or whenever it moves out of the town and returns to Republic City.

There, it just really sags, and the story just loses a lot of focus then, and then seems to meander till a conclusion that is both too similar and too different than the actual ending. It just became fairly, well disappointing, and avoided the serious issues of their actual relationship.

So, good first half, but something about it loses me in the second. I think it either should have ended on an ambiguous note of them returning to Republic City, or should have more closely focused on the fall out of their relationship than it did, and showed us where the relationship actually came to a head.
JagerIV chapter 1 . 2/17
wow, its a weird premise, but you made the intro work. Definitely made something that hooked me into reading further.
fairyfemme chapter 19 . 1/12
I want the epilogue! please dont drop the story.