Reviews for Broken Wings
newkathy97 chapter 23 . 2/15/2013
Gosh...this is even later than usual...I'm so sorry!

Liked Hogan's comment about the line up LOL

Incidentally, I've read a couple of Biggles books since my last review, and I must say they are quite entertaining.

Good chapter! And once again, sorry for being so terribly unfaithful in my reviews.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 23 . 1/28/2013
Cue the scary music...von Stalhein's back, and suspicious as ever! Fortunately, Newkirk can think on his feet, and I love that you have him trade his cockney accent for a Beatles one to throw the bad guy off the track.

And I love Hogan's parting line to von Stalhein...it really put him in his place. Von Stalhein might be a villain, but Hogan's dealt with worse!
ColHogan chapter 23 . 1/27/2013
Looks like Hogan and Newkirk have BIG trouble. von Stalhein has got to go. Loved the exchange between Hogan and Klink. Here's hoping Hogan can come up with a plan to get rid of von Stalhein before he causes trouble for Hogan and his men along with Kestrel and the others.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 22 . 12/17/2012
So back to what passes for routine at good old Stalag 13, after the excitement of the night before. The reality of Hogan's irritability and the general unrest of the prison population is very well described and believable. Not so believable is the smiling Kestrel passing out bacon and eggs later on (sort of reminded me of Millie feeding the brutes in "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers)...but I guess the artichokes and Chateaubriand in the pilot episode aren't too plausible either.

All in all, a good transition chapter as we anticipate the return of the evil von Stalhein!
konarciq chapter 22 . 12/16/2012
A lovely light-hearted yet hearty chapter, with an ominous last line...

I wonder if Schultz is going to expect good breakfasts from Mills from now on, too? LOL
ColHogan chapter 22 . 12/15/2012
Oh boy, that last line sounds ominous. Hope he doesn't cause trouble for Hogan and the guys, nor for their guests. But I have a feeling he and Hogan are gonna bump heads.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 21 . 12/11/2012
Nice detail regarding the sling and the "carefully cultivated screen of vegetation" around the emergency tunnel exit. I always wondered how they got poor Hercules down into the tunnel in "Operation Briefcase"...

I'm sure we haven't heard the last of Hoffmann and von Stalhein. And I have a funny feeling that Hogan's going to have to renege on his last statement.
konarciq chapter 21 . 12/8/2012
Uh oh... Clearly the story isn't over yet. I hope Hoffmann and co won't cause too much trouble. Would be fun to see Bigglesworth at roll call though ;-)
ColHogan chapter 21 . 12/7/2012
Glad to see Hogan and company made it back safely as did Bigglesworth and Hebblethwaite. However, the ending sounds ominous. I have to wonder how Hogan is going to deal with Hoffman and Von Stalhein if they return to Stalag 13 asking questions. Like Hogan, I've a funny feeling those two are gonna show up again.
konarciq chapter 20 . 12/1/2012
Smart move of Ginger's there! I was really puzzled at first, until that was mentioned!

Good, fast-moving chapter. I wonder if things are seriously winding down already, or if there are more tricks up ahead.
newkathy97 chapter 20 . 11/25/2012
Hogan has got it right when he says every member of his team is absolutely necessary.

Loved the action in this. Good on Ginger, what? :)
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 20 . 11/25/2012
A fast-paced chapter, and I didn't mind Hogan using the big, big D at all. I knew that nasty Hoffmann would have a trick up his sleeve, and I'm very glad Hogan and the others are safe, although it's a shame Hoffmann got away. I suppose he had to, so he can free von Stalhein to fight another day.

It's very funny to have Bigglesworth, with all the adventures he's had, to say to Hogan at the end of the chapter:

"I'll be glad when we're all safely back in England. I don't know how you do this, Hogan, I really don't."
ColHogan chapter 20 . 11/25/2012
Too bad Hoffman got away. I hope they can catch him before he causes any trouble for Hogan and his men. And what about Von Stalhein? I sense this story is winding down, but that you may have another surprise still in store for us before then.
ColHogan chapter 19 . 11/21/2012
I left a review before without signing in and looks like they didn't post at all. I am enjoying this story immensely. It is typical HH. I can't wait to see how things go when Hoffman finds out he's been tricked.
konarciq chapter 19 . 11/18/2012
Very eloquently put - especially the way Klink walks! LOL

Loved the tension and the typical HH feel of carrying things out under the very nose of their enemies.