Reviews for Flight of an Exile
Guest chapter 6 . 2/26/2013
The ending is superb. I love the conversation with Superman. Spot on awesome.
UnstableDread chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
I love this! I always wondered what happened to her, and you painted a picture to fill in the blanks.
May Yuki chapter 6 . 8/17/2012
You are seriously going to make me drown in a plot bunny overdose...Just reading this chapter gave me a bucketful of more ideas for my story XD
Loki's Son chapter 6 . 8/17/2012
A fitting end. Shayera learns the scope of what it means to rebuild trust. Something I would think is lacking in her native culture. As we saw in the show, she eventually earns that trust but it's nice to see how she was set on that path and why she endured when it seemed hopeless.

As even, a fantastic job all around. Superman was right on target for STAS and JL/JLU. Filling in the portions between the end of STAS and the beginning of JL also ranked as a personal favorite.

I'm really glad you wrote this story. It exceeded any and all hoped for expectations. XD
Loki's Son chapter 5 . 8/2/2012
In interesting insight into Shayera as always. Confronting the fact that she needs to discover her place, her nesting behavior, accepting help, these are all steps in her development.

Your handling of Dr. Fate is well done. I might argue wiht you that Fate is merely one of the Lords of Order and not the sole Lord of Order but the DCAU never made that distinction so your intepretation may be equally vaild.

I'd thought that this story was finished but now it seems it has a ways to go. I look forward to it. :)
Loki's Son chapter 4 . 7/18/2012
I loved it. Shayera's rationale and change of heart were well drawn. Fate WAS Fate, if that makes sense. You epitomized him and that's hard to do. I know, I've tried with mixed success. His reasoning and motives rang true to the show and what we've seen of him.

A beautiful ending to a heart wrenching story. :)
Loki's Son chapter 3 . 7/12/2012
I love that song! It structures the piece beautifully. Shayera has to make a choice whether to live or die and it seems she made the only one that could feel right to her knowing that John is out there. They're apart, yet strangely together, as they always have been.

Shayera'sgthoughts and emotilons are masterfully evoked. You literally feel your heart ripping apart as the townfolk yell at her. The sorrow and the guilt overwhelming her. But she chooses life. Despite heh pressures, she refuses to surrender, just as she's always chosen not to surrender but to fight on against enemies both seen and unseen and unspoken.

Personally, I can't wait for Chapter 4! :)
May Yuki chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
sweet, one of my fave authors hath created another amazing story :D i love the raw emotion in here, it just makes me wanna help her thru her tough time
Thoth.aKhronos chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
Wow that was really good! you really know what to write to make a person feel emotion! :3 Can't wait to read more! at the moment though I can't get to chapter two cuz of work, but I will read it!
Loki's Son chapter 2 . 7/5/2012
Once again, you craft pictures. The raw imagery is almost as intense as the emotional content. The emotions are raw and ragged but there is resiliency. Shayera is above else a survivor.

The metaphors of thunder, lightning and earth and rain were thought evoking and made one's heart break for her. Shayera truly does need her Rain. She is incomplete without John and he washes and purifies her even as he sustains her.

Although all seems bleak we have hope in the form of Dr. Fate. We KNOW he will appear soon, somehow and Shayera will eventually rediscover hope. In turn, we can only hope and wish that this happens soon. For her sake as well as ours. :)
Loki's Son chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
It has begun and it was definitely worth the wait! XD

Shayera's turmoil is brought out to the fore by the Mistress of the Arts. It was carefully sculpted, layer by layer, until a firm picture had formed in the readers' minds.

The insights into Thanagarian culture and society as well as the past with Shayera's family and the early encounter with Hro would have been worth it by themselves but of course, there's John. Her heartbreak and fervent love are compelling. It will be interesting to see how she comes to grips with losses and her fate, as we know she does.

Excellent work on Chapter 1! :) I anxiously await chapters 2 & 3. :D