Reviews for Honesty
ASuDC chapter 3 . 7/13/2012
Oh my God…Alan really disappears for whole two! days…this is intense…he really was extremely pissed about Denny. :-(

Alan telling his husband why he was so furious - to reveal to him his deepest feelings, anxieties and issues - is movingly, sweet and sad at the same time. You know Alan really extremely well…it’s unbelievable, but under his sometimes creepy and intimidating lawyer surface, Alan is a very insecure, vulnerable and under self-esteem suffering guy…you captured this hidden picture about him, with his statement, really perfect. Well Done!

That you pointed out, Denny has issues, too…of course besides his “Mad Cow” LOL…is awfully endearing. ;-)))
The deal Denny and Alan made at the end and the big hug they shared tops off this story simply wonderful. :)

This story was a real treat, loved every minute and chapters of it…thank you so much for sharing it ;-) I hope you will continue with a new one, as soon as possible…pretty please…I really can’t get enough of your stories. ;-)))
ASuDC chapter 2 . 7/13/2012
I started to read the second part with a big smile…Denny convincing his husband, that he really, really, really wanted to go out, is priceless. ROFL
You captured Denny wonderful…even though I don’t like it, that he went behind Alan’s back to organize a party…
I simply LOVE your phrase “Denny was like a big kid with a secret” - sweet! And that he crossed his fingers behind his back after Alan asked him why he is so jumpy...this really is so Denny Crane – I really can imagine him doing this childlike gesture. ;-)))
Too bad that he didn’t listen to the concerned little voice in his mind – he could have avoid a lot of trouble. :-(

Oh my goodness…Alan’s reaction about the party was heavy. I imagined he would take Denny furiously aside to read him the riot act – but even worse, he said nothing, turned on his heels and left wordlessly. Denny had really disappointed and hurt him deeply in this moment. :-( And I empathized with him…the party itself was a bad idea, but to invite a lot of people Alan even can’t stand, like Melvin Palmer, is even more awful. :(
I could understand that he didn’t answer Denny’s calls and that he just drank his sorrow away...

Chapter two is wonderful written, too…you describe Alan’s hurt excellent – best example is, when he snorted in disgust when he saw in his wallet his “Alan Shore – Crane“ American Express card. Phew…in this moment he probably briefly regrets to be married with Denny…

Oh, and I was simply flabbergasted how perfectly well you write Jerry’s character, with all his quirks, his hopping around and his wooden cigarette. Thumps up!

What I like the most was this sentence:
“…the band was instructed to play the song that he and Shirley danced to on their wedding day so that he could correct his mistake by dancing with Alan while Shirley danced with Carl.”
Especially the “correct the mistake”…I never understood as well, why the hell Denny danced with Shirley on their wedding day, instead with Alan – he looked so lost when he watched all his friends dancing together…except him. :-(((

Very emotional story - now I’ll anxiously read the last chapter – I hope all will turn out fine for “the Cranes” at the end…
Guest chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
Wonderful Boston Legal story! As I read the story each character's voice echoed in my mind. You really captured every character to perfection! Thank you so much for an excellent story centering on my favorite TV duo ever...love Alan and Denny!
ASuDC chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
What a great start…Denny planning to surprise his husband with a party – even though Alan doesn’t WANT a party. Therefore trouble is bound to occur in the Crane household – I only hope not too much, I don’t like them fighting. I know I’m a wuss. LOL

I like Dennys unusual reasons why he wants to celebrate: Alan’s 50th birthday, their THREE years anniversary, and of course his 80th birthday…even though he turns actually 79. LOL
Denny telling Alan: I'm Denny Crane! I can change my birth year if I want!" is spot - on and I curled up on the floor laughing. ;-)
There are a few other lines in this story, which are extremely funny, I think:
Shirley admonishing Denny: “Alan is not like you; he doesn't say no when he means yes.”…And of course Carls "Trouble in 'Craneville?'" phrase. ROFL

I adore this story already…thanks so much for writing it. :-))) Hopefully the sparks don’t fly too much between Alan and Denny, as Shirley pointed it out - in further chapters. :-(
Okay, now I’m off to read chapter two...and three. ;-)))
MLaw chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
This was very well done. You have me lured me into this world, to say the least and I'm enjoying quite a bit.
L J Groundwater chapter 3 . 7/5/2012
"People told me they loved me and they didn't. Not really and not enough."
That there's the heart-breaking truth.
No matter how much he appears to love himself... dearest Alan doesn't see himself as worthy of anything, and it is all the fault of those who first broke his trust, and continued it.
Nice story, particularly with Denny trying to show him that he is NOT unworthy.
Thanks for sharing it with us.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Ooh a longer than one chapter. I'm going to like it. I think Shirley is right- when Alan says no, he means no, and he doesn't appreciate it when Denny lies to him or goes behind his back, no matter how good the intentions. Will be interested in seeing this continue!
L J Groundwater chapter 2 . 7/3/2012
Oh! I didn't expect him to leave! I thought he'd be upset, and quiet, and maybe retreat to another room... but this is much worse. I'm a little disappointed in Denny for inviting someone like Melvin Palmer, whom he knows really irritates Alan. I think Paul would have been okay, though. But it goes deeper than "I didn't want a party." I can't wait to find out what's going on...
L J Groundwater chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Hm, I reviewed this but it never showed up. I wanted to say that it was wonderful to see a multi-chapter piece coming from you when I enjoy your shorts so much as well!
I think Shirley's right... Alan means no when he says no, so this is going to be interesting. Alan is so against these big shows of socializing most of the time... he has his reasons, and no matter how good Denny's intentions, this could be an uncomfortable time for his young friend... pleases do continue soon.
MLaw chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
This was very good and I could see these men arguing about the party. But I especially liked this line, and it gave me quite a chuckle as I could see is fact as he said it: " I'm Denny Crane! I can change my birth year if I want!"