Reviews for The Mad Knight
Person P chapter 1 . 1/20
I think that your story is fantastic, no kidding. When I read the manga i was just so depressed for how you discover why Lancelot went mad while for all the story I thought that something similar to your story had happened (which is way better than that lame excuse used in the manga).
Thank you for writing this one-shot! _
guest chapter 1 . 4/13/2014
Read malory or the vulgate cycle, dude. Lancelot always had a penchant for going crazy, even in the myths.
One time, when guinevere banished him, he went mad for freaking YEARS in the wilderness until he was forgiven. Ever watched Monty python and the holy grail?
The lancelot there butchered everyone screamig haha!, is pretty accurate representation of his character in the legends.
anlmoon chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
I think it could work both ways. I really like this theory though. Because love for someone that don't love them back can drive people crazy for example the guy in the series that was the Master for Berserker. Which just makes this theory more plausible. And if that was the case, Guinevere was a imaginary and use a decoy for morale purpose or something.

From the series, it would be hard because either Guinevere was a man (making Lancelot gay) or was a female which would Saber lesbian, either case Lancelot going crazy from his guilt of betrayal and disregarding his Knight oath, but not being punished for it could have made him crazy. He was probably mad at himself more than he was at Saber for not hating him and to know that Saber was hurt from his betrayal but not do anything and still treat him as a honorable knight probably made him feel worst for himself. Maybe that way he wanted to die by her hands and engaged her in battles. He did say that she was the best king he could have because she was so righteous and humble.
Taeniaea chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
cool story
Rhage-on-sugar1996 chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
That was fantastic. It is a thought I have dwelled on and though I have come up with many situations between the pair I had never thought of the scene playing out the way you have tailored it. Congrats because when I read this I had a smile on face yet a slight frown. This small fic was beautifully bittersweet.
MonMonCandie chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
I honestly don't have a problem if you write from the male POV and their views on Saber. They make to have some rather interesting thoughts on her altogether so...I don't mind. XD

Either way, this was really great! I actually hoped that Lancelot would've gotten more...screen time (?) dialogue-wise in the anime after his identity was revealed, but I guess it wouldn't work. You greatly expanded on his dilemma though. If this had been part of the actual series, I could see this twisting in that he was only with Guinevere for his lack of Arturia companionship. OTL Ahh...interpretations are awesome.

Love this! You're a very inspiring writer! :)
Vaynard chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Hahaha, love it.
"Lancelot's jaw may or may not have hit the floor as he realized that either this knight was in all actuality a lunatic who had stolen a knight's armour or this girl was the king of Britain."
Especially this.

But, I'm curious, how beautiful is Guinevere that he made Lancelot betrayed the cute King of Knights?
ElvenQueen18 chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Interesting one-shot! I'm not extremely familiar with Fate/Zero (if it ever gets an English dub, I may look into it), but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has theorized that Lancelot may have had unrequited feelings for Arturia (because, in my opinion, the whole Guinevere thing becomes quite disturbing due to the rather crucial fact that King Arthur is a girl; my guess is that, in the F/SN-verse, Guinevere was a purely fictional character added to the Arthurian legend several centuries after Arturia's death, but I digress).

I quite enjoyed the last line: "It was enough to drive a man mad." Well, one-sided love can do that. It's a good thing Lancelot never participated in the fifth Holy Grail War, am I right? ;)