Reviews for Annual Rites
alicefan32 chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
great
BeckieT108 chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Sooo sad. Poor Jacob. He never had a chance to be happy. He gave all he had. Bella just took and took until he was left with nothing. It was very well written.
meliz875 chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
OMG! This gave the chills at the end there...seriously. That's not a bad thing, though. It's hard not to agree with Jacob at the end. Sometimes, I can't help but think Bella's real death would have been a better ending, a more fair ending for Jake. In reality (which is not SM's neat little wrapped-in-a-bow ending), it probably would have been an easier ending for him to swallow.

"He would watch with his enhanced vision as they floated on the surface; buffeted by the waves. They would sink and float again and then get smashed onto the rocks. Just like she did." — I love the imagery here, almost like the flowers are giving him a reason to remember what happened.

""I said I'd love you until your heart stopped beating. It stopped on this day too. I heard it. I made your heart beat again. And it wasn't enough." — Excuse me while I go curl up into a blubbering ball of feelings.

I agree with you on marking this anniversary. It IS a significant date, and when you really think about it, that is the day he lost any and all hope at a future with Bella. Ugh. This hurt my heart, but I have an unhealthy addiction to angst so I loved it.

Great job! :)
Red Reaper88 chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
good
Call me Mrs. Meraz chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
I knew it, I knew this was you! Loved it! Especially the last line :)
Mooney chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Heck yeah he should have let her drown. He would have suffered less. He could have moved on with someone else. He wouldn't be her freaking door mat. I really, really hated Bella after the 2nd book. Anyone else?
LuvinTwilight143 chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
poor Jacob :(
Tanja83 chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Poor Jake. :( But it is true, maybe, just maybe he should have let her drown. But deep down no matter what he wouldn't have really let her. He cared and loved her far too much. He was still hoping for a chance.
Princess Mishawaka chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Really sad. Yes, he should have let her drown. She will never be his now she barely belongs to herself.
justluey chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Such a different take on it, and I rather enjoyed it!
Shows more depth into the man that Jake is
fish525 chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
amazing-never thought of it like that.
41 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3