Reviews for from the heart in exile
Natalie Rushman chapter 1 . 10/31
That was so good! I felt that both brothers were completely in character and the dialogue was amazing. You have a way of capturing Loki as a character I've only seen once or twice in fanfiction and never managed myself. I'm totally jealous ;) Also, you have an excellent vocabulary. The ONLY thing I can possibly think of that I would have changed is to have alluded to the wound a little earlier, maybe have Loki watch him for some sign of weakness or pain or what have you. Beyond that, I got nothing. Well done!
drinktea chapter 1 . 10/25
You wrote this quite a while ago, but I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed it! Thor and Loki's dynamic is one that I think is really undervalued/ not shown enough of in the MCU and you've done a totally heartwrenching, beautiful job of it here. They're so connected and it shows so well. I always thought that whenever Thor realizes the effect he has on Loki, it would just come in such an out of character way (Thor is kind of a bonehead). But here, you managed it so brutally and so well. And Loki's method of imprisonment was just a stroke of genius on your part- of course he would shy away from being told that he is loved! (He's also kind of a bonehead, after all.) Stupid, tears-inducing idiot brothers are my favourite.
Meh chapter 1 . 8/21
...wut? ehhh... lol nope.
Machaon's Apprentice chapter 1 . 4/17
Truly wonderful !
Hekka chapter 1 . 1/9
I like your story, but I agree with the last review.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/26/2014
How much I like your story, I still do not agree with some of its parts.
More than unhealthy appearance Loki in bonus at movie Thor and at beginning of Avengers greatly speaking against the idea that he simply rode through the void, found Chitauri and decided to attack the Earth and all on his own. Pretty poor tactics of Chitauri as evidence: Loki did not command them (he's definitely able to come up with a better plan than "to break everything in sight"), he only provided them pass, in fact acting not as a commander but mere scout (reconnoiter the situation, make the necessary preparations). No more than a figurehead and nobody never noticed (even Thor did not stay on that thought for a long time). And given his poor attempt to assassinate Thor (and remembering the frame when it was announced that the portal is ready, and Loki for some reason looked less than happy) I generally confident that his true goal was to get away from Chitauri and their owners, and not handing them such a dangerous artifact as a tesseract.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/4/2014
This was both the best and the worst but of writing I have ever read. My heart.
Random Ruth chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
This is epic! For a heartstopping (heh) moment there I thought you'd actually killed Thor! This is really stunning though. Your writing is amazing! :)
Borrowed Twenties chapter 1 . 6/20/2014
Your story just kept getting better and better till towards the end, it was really brilliant - I loved the ending, I loved Loki's slow redemption and Thor's selflessness. The barrier was a great idea and a very unique one, as well. Terrific fic!
Wicked R chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
thephoenixandthedragon4ever chapter 1 . 5/14/2014
I really enjoyed this piece and genuinely request that you continue the story.
Watermellow chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
Loki is my favorite character in all the Thor and Avenger movies.
Ista chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
I'm giving you the highest praise possible for this fic. Kudos, kudos, kudos. The details are fantastic, the dialogue is compelling (SO true to these characters), and I was smiling the entire time I read this. Outstanding! Hope med school is going well for you.
ArwenisWholocked chapter 1 . 4/11/2014

Laineenhele chapter 1 . 4/6/2014
You know, this is the first Thor or Avengers fanfic that I have read where I feel that Loki's redemption is written in a way that is beliveable, and where Loki and Thor are both portrayed well, and don't end up completely oc. This might actually be the best Loki centered fanfic that I have found, and I think I will re-read this many times