Reviews for protector
OtakuGabby chapter 1 . 5/30
This is the best oneshot I have ever read 3
easilyobsessedctc chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
I just wanted to let you know that I just read each and every one of your Korra/Mako fics (and Korra/Iroh) and I am so utterly obsessed. You made me love the couple all over again! Cannot wait to read more!
MakorraForever123 chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
this is really good wish you would continue this.
Saphira Veera chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
This is the first ever fic that made me cry, squeal and scream like I'd been watching the real show. I loved it, and I love you! This is fantastic; the way you put it all in words, they way Mako calmed Korra that way, all quietly and without much words to say, how Korra can be broken, just like a normal benderless teenager - how she can be just as fragile. And I loved how you depicted their romance! This is wonderful, please for the life of everything, write more!
fictonal character chapter 1 . 11/17/2013
:)))
talk of michelangelo chapter 1 . 11/16/2013
really really love this. i found your writing an hour or two ago and am very much in love with it. you're fantastic. :-)
BowandArrow08 chapter 1 . 8/26/2013
That was amazing. So powerful. And I think you are completely right about repercussions. It was phenomenal.
Lina Mistress of Elements chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Tears...all the tears
Luna Maria Boulevardes chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
I absolutely loved this. It explored a different side of Korra's character - and Mako's, actually to some extent - but at the same time the characterization was spot on. A lot of fics with struggling!Korra really miss her character, so points to you. Great job with keeping everyone in character.

I think you're right about Korra feeling some PTSD after the battle with Amon. A lot of canons ignore that in favor of keeping the story going, so I'm really happy to see this exploration. It read very accurately too me both in terms of who the characters are and the general psychology of PTSD.

The line "save me, Mako" got me hard. So much raw emotionality behind that, so well-rendered. The only thing I had a hard time believing was that Bolin would go easily go back to bed, especially given how much he cares about Korra.

I liked the Mako lost his temper. Mako is definitely a patient guy, but even he has to have his limits. The heart comment did feel a little too melodramatic to me, not to mention harsh for Korra - I think maybe if he just said "please trust me" or something to that effect it would convey the point in a less contrived manner. His longer speech did work much better.

My favorite part was Mako's lie. Such depth for him in that scene, wow. I can only imagine how many times a situation like that with Bolin might have come up. I thought it was a really lovely depiction of love and more importantly his love for her. I'm curious about how Korra would feel/react waking up.

On style - I loved the way you broke up the sections; it gave it an almost epic-poetry feel. -LMB
Xyjah chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
I love it, love the warmth, love the comfort, and there were def psychological and emotional issues that KOrra would go through after that crazy ordeal.
oreocreampie chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
this is so well written, good job! on a side note, im kind of confused, what was he lying about exactly?
hyper one chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
Ah loan it was beautifully written. It seems like it would pick up right off of the last episode. So believable and everyone was in character.
Korra would not want to admit her turbulent feelings and would want to avoid them on her own. UNLESS someone around her helped her without her knowing or by force. 3 i'm in love!
Somber Secrets chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
I think this is a pretty true all way of describing how Korra would feel after getting her bending back and how Mako would try to help her. Good work!
ada69 chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
AHHHH! This was really good! :) Poor Korra...

ada
BeGodlyBeLynn chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
You're amazing. This is amazing. This.