Reviews for Whatever Comes To Us (the proposal)
Gwinna chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
Love the scene with the cybernetic hand. You've really captured what Anakin and Padme's states of mind must have been like at the time, and it's unexpectedly sexy too. :D

Interesting that Anakin admits to Obi-Wan that he loves Padme. It never occurred to me that he might have been that honest, though that just makes it all the more disingenuous later when he allows Obi-Wan to keep thinking they're being rational even after they changed their minds.

Love how you portrayed the relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan though. How the latter just doesn't really know how to deal with affection. Obi-Wan, you're supposed to say “I love you too”! You can see both the genuine love and the fault lines in their relationship.

“Maybe the planets would suddenly start spinning backward and the stars would spell her name. “ - Love this line. :D

Anyway, great fic! I remember the first time I watched AotC, I was a little surprised when A and P got married so suddenly – what happened to all of Padme's (very reasonable) objections? Not that I found it unbelievable, I just wanted to see more. But this fills in the gaps nicely. Thanks.
manakinb2 chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
Love it!
Admiral Lily chapter 1 . 10/9/2008
Excellent. I've often wondered how they came to the decision to marry. You did well.
Vader's Fallen Angel chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
*Big Smile*

I loves the entire thing, but I must say the ending was my favorite. Anakin refusing to be Padme's lover and them heading to the lake together. Very nice.

VFA
Hieiko chapter 1 . 8/12/2005
I've been trying to think of how exactly that proposal came about, and this seems to be the way it would have been.
LachesisBenton chapter 1 . 6/21/2005
woow, this is so good :)

it might actually have happened like this :-)

I like it how you explore the conflict of Padmé's rational and emotional sides...
Picture Girl chapter 1 . 3/15/2005
Oh! I am melting. I am not much for shippy, but this was wonderful.
x-woman1 chapter 1 . 2/15/2004
really sweet story. it's sad knowing what happens to them, though...
Maria11 chapter 1 . 9/11/2003
"Is such a kiss a customary greeting among the Naboo, Senator?" - Love this line I do! Great story!
For You Blue chapter 1 . 5/21/2003
I am still in awe, wow, I wish I could just re-shoot Episode II and shove this in there, you've done a brilliant job and you should be appluded, well done!
Midnight's Trinity chapter 1 . 5/15/2003
Aww that was sweet. And Ani telling Obi-Wan he loves him...that was cute. Nice job.
Trinity Day chapter 1 . 6/27/2002
Wonderful! Absolutely and utterly magnificent. I am a huge fan - you're one of my favourite SW writers of all times, even if I haven't been the best reader and reviewed. I loved this story. It was a perfect continuation of the movie and it made my week to read it. I love the interaction between Anakin and Padme. You have the characterization just right for both of them, from Anakin's suicidal inclinations before redemption from Padme to Padme's desperate struggle - and failure - to remain rational. I also loved the scene between Obi-Wan and Anakin, particularly the former's inability to deal with the relationship between the two of them. (Poor Ani! "Thank you" isn't much of a response when you tell your father figure that you love him, is it?) Overall, as I've already said, this was a fantastic fic. Bravo! (PS - Thanks for the line about Padme's infected scratches; all that rolling around in the sand can't have been good for them!)
pokey chapter 1 . 6/12/2002
Wonderful, this is the best of the Ani/Ami proposal stories that I have read. And I like the title, it make me think of 'come what may' from Moulin Rouge which always reminded me of Ani and Padme. Beautiful story, I loved it. I tried to review yesterday and it wouldn't let me, thats so annoying.
Wild Blueberries chapter 1 . 6/12/2002
Awww! This is so cute! Can you please make a sequel? Please!
Miss Becky chapter 1 . 6/12/2002
Well done! True to the characters, and I could see all this happening.