Reviews for Do ask, do tell
a chapter 5 . 1/20
"Kate: She still frighten you?

Tony: My mother?

Kate: The vampire."

-BĂȘte Noir

Honestly, I agree with your characterization of Tony's mother. I've been wanting to read a fic where Tony's mother was a problem every since seeing BĂȘte Noir for the second time. Tony's reaction to Kate's question seemed kind of weird to me. Plus there's the comment later on about her drinking his sea monkeys and the comment about her dressing him in sailors suits (although that whole scene was weird and I'm not sure if we were supposed to take Tony's ramblings in "Caged" as factual or as Tony envisioning himself in a fictional film-like role). And the Christmas episode where he comments to his father about them not continuing their family traditions after his -grandfather- died stood out to me because it meant that the family traditions were not contingent on his mother's influence on the family.

On the other hand, the episode where Tony spoke wistfully about going to the movies with his mother after finding an old photo doesn't fit with the idea that she was completely awful, so I picture her as behaving rather erratically (much like you show here). I've wondered about some sort of mental illness or brain tumor in addition to the alcoholism.
Checkerz chapter 2 . 3/19/2015
D: gonna cry...
CooperGirlHH chapter 6 . 1/22/2015
Oh that was really lovely ... Gibbs can be such a nice guy if he wants ... Thank you for writing this sweet fic!
CooperGirlHH chapter 2 . 1/21/2015
Hey ... I love this so far ... unfortunately Gibbs does never seem so kind and caring towards Tony on the actual show - well at least not in the episodes I have seen. I like the way you write them much better - it doesn't seem ooc, though. It's just the missing scenes that would happen between the episodes - know what I mean? Anyway, thanks for writing and sharing this with us ...
M. Louise E chapter 6 . 11/11/2014
A well written story and one I enjoyed reading. :D
JosGotGlock chapter 6 . 8/22/2014
I love this story so much! Great writing! :)
ShadowWriter33 chapter 6 . 8/10/2014
Really good story! Would love to read a sequel.
God Bless,
SW
Guest chapter 6 . 7/25/2014
Great story!
Bobbieturn chapter 6 . 5/16/2014
This was a great story! I just found it and read it start to finish in one sitting. What a great job you did with the characters and the emotions. Very realistic and well written. Loved Tony's way of getting back at the two idiots. Well done in letting Gibbs show Tony how he feels without actually have him open up more than he would in character. Very nicely done! Must find more of your stories.
Laura-trekkie chapter 6 . 5/13/2014
Awww, Tony had so much piled on top of him over the last few cases, it's no wonder things were strained. But Gibbs finally got to the bottom of it and used his decade of deciphering Tony to get him talking instead of running.

Lovely ending :).
rosesunshine chapter 6 . 4/8/2014
What a great story! I love the interaction between Gibbs and Tony in this one. Really enjoyed reading it.
VG LittleBear chapter 6 . 2/26/2014
Hi, wonderful story with my favorite characters! Gibbs finally gets Tony to spill all the secret hurts about work and family, and provides some much needed reassurance. Thanks and cheers!
NeonSquirrel chapter 6 . 12/21/2013
Loved the angst, touching ending! Very well written.
urshurak chapter 6 . 7/18/2013
Wow, that was ... intense. Well worth more than one read. Thank you!
castra-hiberna chapter 6 . 6/23/2013
Just read this, and I absolutely loved it. Very intense and real.