Reviews for Expatriate
ThallenCambricaltran chapter 8 . 6/23/2015
I am in love with this story. Please keep writing and posting! The way you portray Yenzin's emotions make him totally relatable, even though he's a Yeerk who despises all things human. I love your writing. :)
Daenerys chapter 8 . 6/17/2015
I love this. Super interesting thoughts about nothlit-Yeerk relations; "now we have just as much to fear from our old buddies" is a great line. I like how you set it up that you're not sure which of the three unfortunate housemates is coping the best, or coping at all.
godfreyraphael chapter 8 . 6/5/2015
This story really just resonates well for me. This is really inspiring me to keep continuing with my postwar Animorphs fic. You have a nice way with words that keeps the story flowing well and nicely. I await your next installment.
Kharina1990 chapter 7 . 4/3/2015
Excellent chapter here- feel a bit tearful now for Trinir and Essal, and Yanzin as well. Definitely not a great situation to be in! Looking forward to the next instalment
Anifan1 chapter 5 . 4/14/2014
Very well written, and I look forward to the next installment. You did a great job of balancing Yanzin's past with his current difficulties in the present. One thing you may want to consider is writing about what happens to his friends (like Essal)...that is, assuming they are alive. One small nitpick: a few times, Yanzin's host spoke to him, but it would be easy to overlook this conversation because there are no or marks of thought-speech, as it were. So, if you have any host conversation in the future, just choose something (* *, [word], etc.) and have that fill in the gaps. For me, personally, I like to use italics. Other than that, this fic is very imaginative and has a lot of potential. Great job!
GuesssWho chapter 4 . 10/6/2013
Poor guy.

Creen chapter 4 . 8/20/2013
What is Yanzin good at? Fighting as a Hork-bajir is obviously out, but, surely he has other skills? Although unwillingly gaining a friend is an interesting idea.
Creen chapter 2 . 8/20/2013
Why didn't he choose to be Hork-bajir? Or was that option not available, too dangerous? Besides, considering how Hork-bajir are basically endangered, wouldn't Frolis maneuver be a good thin? More genetic diversity, more numbers, and I assume nothlit Hork-bajir would be a good thing... because Hork-bajir are like children... and people are cruel. Eventually, the activists will be distracted, and public attention for the rights of Hork-bajir will wane... and then people will start putting them to work. They are rather good at killing... and children can be trained to be soldiers... in the end, humans might be a more insidious threat than the yeerks. Not as a whole, but as individuals... atrocities on the small scale.
Lolcano chapter 4 . 6/14/2013
sooooo cuuute. I love yeerks! 3
Salad Shooter chapter 4 . 4/28/2013
Yay an update! I love this plot line. Curious about where you'll take it. :)
Animorphgirl chapter 4 . 4/27/2013
Another solid and interesting chapter. I can't help but wonder what was going through James' head throughout all of this. Maybe include a chapter or two from his point of view? Anyway, looking forward to your next installment.
Zelandis chapter 4 . 4/25/2013
Wow, an update. Awesome, thanks!
Farla chapter 3 . 2/25/2013
Ah, original-model yeerk flashback. It's nice to see things from their point of view.
Farla chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
Hm. While I read the series, I never finished it, so I don't know if any of this is covered by the ending - but if he misses swimming, wouldn't dolphin or whale have been an option? And if he misses other yeerks, why doesn't he stay close to where the others are? Is staying away from each other part of allowing them to stay on Earth? And how do other people know he was a yeerk? Is there some way the government makes them identifiable, or is it just a matter of any new person who appeared being under scrutiny, or are they just not as good at acting human when they don't have a host brain to draw from?

The character himself seems nicely low-key. I like how he doesn't seem to have much of a social response to being hated, his priority is about getting hurt or killed as a result.
Salad Shooter chapter 3 . 1/4/2013
Wow, I can't wait to see where you go with this.

Best line: "It's got numbers in it, hasn't it?" Chillingly realistic.

The only issue I have with this story is the fact that you don't capitalize the names of the alien species, like Yeerks and Hork-Bajir and Taxxons. It's bothering the heck out of my OCD!