Reviews for A Life More Ordinary
Salome Maranya chapter 6 . 3/8/2014
Faramir and Boromir's brotherhood and the death of one leaving the other - one of the real heartbreaking things in LOTR (at least in my head).
Cassandra A chapter 5 . 4/14/2009
You capture the personality of a pony perfectly.
Cassandra A chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
Fun to read, and insightful. I did have difficulty telling when during LOTR this took place. But nicely humorous, especially the line about frogs, and the conversation about girls.
Stahchild chapter 8 . 1/31/2008
What a great end to such a fantastic story.

Thank you so much for sharing it with everyone.
Stahchild chapter 6 . 1/31/2008
Oh Lord. This chapter was absolutely heartbreaking, Boromir wasn't very likeable in the books but in the movie version of him, and his interaction with Faramir in the extended versions, was just really really sweet.

This was a wonderful chapter.
ranoutofsnz chapter 8 . 6/1/2004
great story! full of humor n fun. man, talk about being an absolutely awesome writer. )
hobbitfeet13 chapter 8 . 3/14/2004
Took me awhile, and I am quite aware the I'm reading your stories wildly out of order, but I did finish it! *falls to floor laughing* And oh, my was it worth putting my homework off. Having it from Gandalf's pespective in the first chapter was rather nice, he's got such ah, unique perspective, I especially loved the comment about Boromir.(We can only hope it was the Ring he was obsessing over *doubles up laughing*) Aragorn..oh Aragorn, for a king most of Middle-Earth he has not that wise, no not at all. Especially concerning children and a certain wife of his. Legolas was not much better when dealing with his wedding and his 'dear' father. *chuckles after catching breath* Frodo, whom I always did like the best, what can I say, he just didn't have a good day at all. (Curtains! *snickers into full-blown giggles*) Gimli and a certain horse reminds me of a book series, Roberson I think, and I loved it, absolutely loved it! Though I couldn't see either Legolas or Gimli marrying, but I'm not that straight-laced about how fan-fiction should be so it's all good. And finally Merry and Pippin. 'Nough said about them, honestly those two. *smiles with mouth twitching with suppressed laughter* The epilouge was a nice wrap-up of all the chapter, especially concerning "mice" and Gimli's "gift". Eventually I'll get to your other stories, and review them too. Excellent story!
Portia chapter 8 . 2/23/2004
This is such a lovely story! I LOVED Aragorn's day out, and Arwen finding him in jail, and that damn puppy. I also loved Legolas's wedding day-which is astonishing because I hate Legolas romances on principle, since I think they're rather uncanonical because I've always thought that Gimli and Legolas were too close to each other (even in a non-slashy way) to allow for either one of them to marry. And Faramir-your description of him was beautiful.
I also LOVE your Thranduil. Yay for loving, not-evil, yet still stubborn and difficult portrayals of the Elvenking.
Nallasariel the Weeper chapter 5 . 2/20/2004
Hello!
Well, I shall not deny it; I grinned like an idiot. This chapter was the first I spotted a mistake on it, so here it is! *drumroll*
How could Gimli, while in Edoras learning to ride a horse, go to the Houses of Healing in Minas Tirith after the first zillion attempts? Just curious. A few accents missed as well, but that's pretty minor.
Well, a most excellent story so far! A few grammatcal and punctuational errors, but nothing too bad. I shall continue this after I get home from this confounded library.
Namárië,
*~Nallasariel the Weeper
Jazmin3 Firewing chapter 8 . 1/2/2004
Funny! So funny! I like what Gimli called his horse. And maybe, just maybe, the stable hand should get it into his head that royalty is actually able to . . . ah . . . cast aside . . . their dignity and indulge in normal activities. Like getting drunk and laughing and swearing and singing bawdy tavern songs.
RAM chapter 8 . 7/8/2003
I just love your portrayal of Faramir and Eowyn. Very beautifully done. I enjoyed it immensely and am now interested in reading your other works; and that, I believe, is the best compliment another writer can receive... Well, that and "it was a page turner"; but that doesn't seem to apply to online writing, does it.
marIA chapter 1 . 6/8/2003
Oh, what a wonderful fic! Beautiful scenes of every day "normal" life that shows that the Fellowship still can stir up enough trouble when needed. Magnificent!
Joannawrites chapter 8 . 3/9/2003
I do not have high enough words of praise, but it is in me to try.

I read this in one sitting, and though my legs have gone numb, my eyes are pouring water from not blinking, and I must go to sleep only to rise again in about two hours, I am sorry to see it ended. At least I have many more of your stories to look forward to!

I'm hard put to say which part I adored the most. The humor is always surprising and natural and lovely and the characters so recognizable as themselves. Arwen's dismay at motherhood, Gimli's pony, Legolas' drunken the memory of unforgettable. That we should all live lives so full!

Thank you so much for this. It was truly a gift.
a reader a mother chapter 2 . 3/7/2003
I've truly enjoyed your stories! Thank you so much for writing. The beginning of this chapter was right on. I don't know if you're a mom, and wrote this from experience. But in case you aren't, just thought i'd let you know you got arwen's attitude just right. I wish MY husband would send me on vacation to Ithilien:)
Elbereth94 chapter 8 . 2/11/2003
How is it that whether you are writing humor or drama you always manage to be absolutely perfect?

My favorite was most definitely Legolas and Melia's wedding! I love Melia, she is the best character I have ever seen, original that is. She fits in so well. I'll find myself writing a review to a Legolas fic demanding how the author can ignore the fact that Legolas married Melia and barely correcting it in time. As it is I am always wondering when she is gonna pop in... she is that good!

This is one of the funniest fics I have ever read... but the Faramir and Éowyn one was incredibly bittersweet as you warned us.

You certainly brighten a day that had been darkened by a fever and a dull day in bed.

Thanks for the hilarious read!

Yours,

~Elbereth94

PS If you are this good at fanfiction, imagine how wonderful your first original fic will be. Make sure to email me if you ever get published, cause I'll be rushing out to buy it :D
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »