Reviews for Never So Vulnerable
Rosiek79 chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
Really liked this story.
Belker chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
What a superb tag to that episode! I really loved how you wrote Steve's reaction to his day, because it really had been an awful one! You write both of them so in character. Danny's worry expressing itself as a rant (of course) and how Steve is actually kind of helpless against them now. "Precedent and experience, babe." Hehe.
This is a missing scene that we fans should get to see in the extra material on the DVD!
Wonderful job :)
/B
Cokie316 chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
great story! don't know how I missed it the first time around!
Runner043 chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
Just finished your story. Very well done. I really enjoyed it, and you nailed Danny's personality to a tee.
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
*grins* I love this. Great camaraderie and caring while staying in character. Thanks for sharing!
Craftygirl11 chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
I really liked this one. I just wish they could do more with the hurt/comfort angle on the show. I loved the conversation with Danny. I knew Danny would get him to talk and it worked. Great Story.
idiot9 chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
This was the work of a genius. Honestly.

A freaked-out Steve McGarrett is not what we see all the time (in fact, I don't think I've ever seen him panic before. Or read about it, for that matter), but if he really freaks out someday, I imagine this would be exactly how it would be like. And the phone call between the two partners was just perfect. There was the concern and anger and vulnerbility, yes, but there was also the hint of banter that makes Danny and Steve 'Danny and Steve'. I especially loved that Danny pulled out the 'Grace' card even though everyone knows that he is dead worried about his partner.

Truly amazing!
Aranna Undomiel chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
Wow...just wow. This was so intense, and so perfectly fitting for this episode.
REally great writing, loved it!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Beautiful story! I really like the picture you painted of what a person might feel and think after seeing and going through what Steve McGarret went through. Also loved how you wrote down the relationship/friendship between Steve and Danny, I could really imagine that being on the show like this. Well done!
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
That was very nicely done.

I was honestly sorry when I got to the end and I'd loved to have seen more, particularly what happened next when Steve and Danny were at his house, but that aside I must applaud you for completely capturing both of their voices - and mannerisms - to the point I could see and hear them in my head while I was reading.

I liked the fact that the entire conversation was done over the phone because it allowed the emotion to come across without making it too excessive, especially since it gave Steve some privacy while he dealt with everything it was bringing up. I loved how Danny could read between the lines during the silences and the way he was able to talk Steve out of his flashback without being there in person was brilliant and completely true to the friendship they have.

Despite the angst and the understandable emotion of the story there were still numerous times I was chuckling at their customary banter. It was a tough choice but in the end I went with this as my favourite bit because it was just so very Danny;

"Okay, you'll forgive me if I don't find that statement as reassuring as you probably think it is. Just to clarify, are we talking about the I-got-my-head-bashed-in-but-I'm-used-to-it kind of fine, or the the-bullet-didn't-hit-any-vital-organs kind of fine, or perhaps my personal favorite, the I-just-fell-down-a-cliff-but-I've-had-worse kind of fine, or a real, honest I'm-fine kind of fine? Because, after what you just told me, I'm finding that kind of hard to believe, though I'd really, really like to."

I really did enjoy this.
storyfan101 chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
I'm pretty sure this conversation took place, but the camera's just missed it. Somewhere there's a director crying his eyes out.
shirik40 chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
amazing wr!iting! loved every paragraph
tiggrr527 chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Wow! You really grabbed them and made a great add-on to this episode! Of course, Danny would be the one to get Steve to relax enough to get home safely. You nailed their conversation perfectly. Great job and thanks for sharing!
Gone2Far chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Beautifully written dialogue. Angst and friendship so wonderfully presented. Loved it.
alwaysateen chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Awesome story. So glad Danny was there for Steve in his obvious time of need. Good thing Steve has a very strong ohana around him to get him through all this crazyness in his life. :)