Reviews for Oubliette
Clara Brighet chapter 3 . 3/15
Gah, that is so AWFUL, what Arthur did to him.
And I think I know what he's going to do. He's gonna legalize magic, isn't he? ;D Ohhh yes!
Clara Brighet chapter 2 . 3/15
Poor Gaius... And poor Merlin. :'( I hope he returns to himself, someday.
Clara Brighet chapter 1 . 3/15
No! No no no! That is TERRIBLE, Arthur, what are you thinking!? Argh I could just smack him.
The scene between Merlin, Gaius and Gwen when he heals her is fantastic, by the way.
Clara Brighet chapter 4 . 3/15
This was... Heartbreakingly beautiful. Everything about it... I have no words. Bravo, SGE.
eilonwy77 chapter 3 . 2/22
Now I'm crying!
Elaine du Lac chapter 4 . 12/17/2013
Noooo! Keep the beard?! Sigh. I guess that's a nod to the Merlin with the long white beard in the legends. But still! The image of Colin Morgan as Merlin with a beard! I cannot accept it as more than something temporary! (I can accept the actor with a beard sure. But the character? No! The horror!)

In any case, you have a talent for writing heartbreaking moments and scenes. For tapping into our emotions and dragging us into the hearts of the characters. Merlin's dream about Arthur locking him in the little cupboard, luring him there by such a familiar Prat-like command, it was the most heartbreaking scene for me. That sense of cruelty, that feeling of being betrayed and trapped in, the helplessness, the pleas falling on deaf stone. I've never felt like crying for Merlin more than in that dream scene. The phrase "just to clean" shouldn't be so heartbreaking but it was. Good writing.
oma13 chapter 4 . 9/19/2013
Just found this story...absolutely amazing! I think you should do a sequel...would love to see a scene with Gwaine and Merlin! Well, everyone for that matter! And when Merlin finally forgives Arthur...a big embracing scene with them both sobbing! Make my day would ya? And since it's been so long since you've written, I hope you haven't given up on more stories!
obsessivereader95 chapter 4 . 8/26/2013
i thoroughly enjoyed this story. it was wonderfully written and characterized, and you used just the right amount of darkness so that it wasn't too depressing, but it wasn't ridiculously haphazard with merlin's recovery. these kinds of stories are usually too dark or unnaturally fast-paced, but this was wonderful. thank you for writing it!
Oranyi chapter 4 . 6/29/2013
This is one of the first Merlin fan fiction I've ever read. I've just begun to watch the series, after all. So, maybe, I haven't got much experience to base this on, but I can't help but say it anyway: I really, really liked this story. It was perfect, with just the right amount of deep sadness and fuzzy feeling, and an open, hopeful, heart-warming ending.
staymagical chapter 4 . 3/14/2013
Ahhhh this was beautiful and wonderful and i just love the way you write and just...yes. Loved it!
Fletty chapter 4 . 2/6/2013
Wow, so sad and depressing, I actually was nearly in tears reading this.
It was beautiful. Merlin really has the most beautiful and forgiving soul. I would've liked to have seen a conversation between him and Gwaine, since he was closest to him of the Knights...did Gwaine (or anyone else) not think to try and break him out? Or come try to see him again once he was a hermit in his room? Just that one try was quite sweet, but I didn't get my resolution from that! hehe. It would be great if you wrote a small epilogue or something, where he comes up and talks to him directly after this scene, maybe, as I see Gwaine coming up and giving him a hug and saying 'it's about time you came out!' lol. What a dolt he is.

But this story was awesome, and so sweet. Arthur was so harsh, but finally! we could see his worth as a great King, right at the time that Merlin was reminded of that fact too, in the phrase you used; 'his' King.

Really great ending, though I did see Merlin as more likely to try to run back to his room and hide rather than face all of that attention. But he never has been one to face down a challenge. Bloody Druids, dobbing him in though! lol.

Though, I really hope I get to read something cheery next or I'll be in a sombre, pitiful mood all day! lol. Truly, some great writing. :)
Nimueh123 chapter 4 . 2/4/2013
Ahhhh. I really enjoyed that. Arthur's remorse was honest and heartfelt and it was good that Merlin did not forgive him immediately. Great story! Thanks.
Guest chapter 4 . 1/27/2013
You might want to put a complete tag on this since its supposed to be complete.
Beautifully crafted story.
Veilwuarrah chapter 4 . 11/2/2012
Aww.. this was adorable

Loved the realistic feel to Melin's condition after his release, and that last line just made me laugh! :D
Nicely done!
sakiii chapter 4 . 10/20/2012
I liked this a lot. Arthur's regret and subsequent redemption was satisfying. Great job!