Reviews for Oubliette
Obscured Angel chapter 4 . 2/23
Thank you so much for writing and posting. Don't forget to mark this story as "complete".
BreathingMagic chapter 4 . 2/16
Oh, what a breathtakingly emotional story! I read another fic with Merlin in the oubliette not so long ago, and it described the horrors he faced in there and the changes he went through in great detail. In that story, he got out of there after a month, and was a completely broken man. I had all those happenings in th back of my head - so when you wrote "the weeks rolled on" I felt my heart clench painfully, and when you oh-so-casually mentioned that it was MID SUMMER it was all I could do to stop reading for a moment, take a few deep breaths and stop myself from crying, but the tears of horror had already filled my eyes. Wow. I think how you described Merlin and his behaviour afterwards was spot on - he had every right in the world to lose himself in his hatred, and yet being the gentle soul that he is, he still kept together quite well. That paragraph where he describes how Arthur destroyed his faith and his light though - dear lord, that just broke my heart completely, and it was SO well written Wow. Just wow. I think I need some time to compose myself over how much this story touched my heart and played with my feelings. You're one hell of a writer, you!
eilonwy77 chapter 2 . 2/4
This is making me want to cry. Poor boys.
too-much-inspiration chapter 4 . 1/25
Very nicely written, and put together. For a minute there I didn't think even something as significant as moving to make magic legal would break through the crust. Definitely one of the better reveals I have read, and perhaps a good example of this part of the spectrum of reveals that seem to be possible in this fandom. My only recommendation would be to tag this fic as completed as it is and that tag on a fic adds greatly to its value as one gets tired of reading amazing but incomplete fics. Thank you for posting!
guardianofdragonlore chapter 4 . 12/28/2014
How bad are the beard debates when they pop up?
Lovinglolipop0402 chapter 4 . 12/5/2014
I love this! The ending made me smile like an idiot, I am still smiling like and idiot! Keep up the excellent work!
HighEmpress chapter 4 . 8/20/2014
very nice. well written. thanks a lot
lokilaufeyson123 chapter 4 . 8/19/2014
Can I just take a moment and say that this is by far, the best fanfiction that I have ever read. You have truly captured each character which I know can be very hard to do. You have an amazing gift and one that should be shared with the world. You have done Arthur and Merlin proud. And congratulations, you have brought me to tears which cannot be done so easily. Thank you for this fantastic read and I am sure that I will enjoy reading it many times over.
Ondori-Naramaki chapter 4 . 5/10/2014
Great story! I really enjoyed reading it. :D

-Ondo
Clara Brighet chapter 3 . 3/15/2014
Gah, that is so AWFUL, what Arthur did to him.
And I think I know what he's going to do. He's gonna legalize magic, isn't he? ;D Ohhh yes!
Clara Brighet chapter 2 . 3/15/2014
Poor Gaius... And poor Merlin. :'( I hope he returns to himself, someday.
Clara Brighet chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
No! No no no! That is TERRIBLE, Arthur, what are you thinking!? Argh I could just smack him.
The scene between Merlin, Gaius and Gwen when he heals her is fantastic, by the way.
Clara Brighet chapter 4 . 3/15/2014
This was... Heartbreakingly beautiful. Everything about it... I have no words. Bravo, SGE.
eilonwy77 chapter 3 . 2/22/2014
Now I'm crying!
Elaine du Lac chapter 4 . 12/17/2013
Noooo! Keep the beard?! Sigh. I guess that's a nod to the Merlin with the long white beard in the legends. But still! The image of Colin Morgan as Merlin with a beard! I cannot accept it as more than something temporary! (I can accept the actor with a beard sure. But the character? No! The horror!)

In any case, you have a talent for writing heartbreaking moments and scenes. For tapping into our emotions and dragging us into the hearts of the characters. Merlin's dream about Arthur locking him in the little cupboard, luring him there by such a familiar Prat-like command, it was the most heartbreaking scene for me. That sense of cruelty, that feeling of being betrayed and trapped in, the helplessness, the pleas falling on deaf stone. I've never felt like crying for Merlin more than in that dream scene. The phrase "just to clean" shouldn't be so heartbreaking but it was. Good writing.