Reviews for More Than Just Emotions
SailorSea chapter 6 . 8/17/2012
Merry Christmas! ;D Ok I just found your story and I love it! I like how unlike some stories I've read yours portrays Raven's relationship between her and ALL of the Titans. I like seeing all of their concern for her. In chapter 5 Slade was not who I expected to show up but I'm glad you added him in. Slade would probably be Raven's least favorite villain after all he put her through with Trigon. I wonder what he wants now though because he is definitely interested in Raven again it seems. Slade is one of my personal favorite villains in TT since he is so cunning and manipulative. With him there's always a plan :).
Next, I love how you are portraying Raven. I think she is perfectly in character. She is my favorite character definitely because of the mystery about her as well as her dark past. But so I like how you have her being injured but not seeming weak at all to us (if that makes any sense) I love how this story is not another romance too I don't mind them, but there just are not enough purely friendship or Raven based stories so thank you! I really can not wait for more now like all of the Titans's reactions to Slade being back.
Sorry I don't know what to do for your wrist, I'm not medically inclined at all :D Plz update soon!
Knight of the Raven chapter 6 . 8/16/2012
I loved this chapter.

Slade was written as intimidating as he is; "She could practically hear the smile in his voice" is a line often used to describe him but it's still a pleasant line and "The sound of his voice was enough to make her stomach churn, but it was his words that truly made her want to vomit." was good and to the point.

Continuing on Raven, I liked "Raven watched with slight satisfaction as he processed her words," "Raven stretched out her right hand all the while reaching inside herself to connect with her telekinetic powers" and "Raven didn't dare turn her back to the room" which I found to fit the situation perfectly. I found the whole deal with the elevator's buttons cute, especially Raven's reaction: "Raven blushed slightly underneath her hood. "Uhh… Sorry?""

Raven's hand to hand combat skills are rarely brought up, even in the show itself. I believe they appeared only twice actually, both in the beginning of the first season. Even at her best though, I doubt she can hold a candle to Slade.

"The fact that she couldn't freely use her powers actually scared her more than she would ever lead on. The last time it happened, she was powerless to stop her friends from being taken from disturbing monsters. Sure, those monsters ended up being her own creations, but that didn't make the ordeal any less frightening" was pretty ominous.

I liked everything about Cyborg and especially this part: "She had half a mind to argue with him but decided against it when she remembered who she was talking to and what that entails. His expression was concentrated and unwavering which was a dead giveaway that he was in full on protective mode. Nothing seemed to be able to stop Cyborg when he gets into these kinds of moods. They can sometimes be very annoying, but secretly, she always thought the way he throws himself entirely into the things he does to be one of his most admirable traits."

I loved the ending line as well.

Writing wise, I liked "the elevator gave a lurch" and "a ghost of a smile flashed across her features."

You forgot the 'to' between 'chance' and 'recoil' when Slade chokes Raven though.
MelonLord28 chapter 6 . 8/16/2012
Wow, awesome story/ Ravens powers are a terrible burden to bear, and it's interesting to read fan fiction about it.
Waterpokemon chapter 6 . 8/15/2012
Hey well done thats great! I really like it! NOw I think there is one little mistake, dont worry about it but I thought i should just point it out... ok here goes.

'Raven heard the noise but didn't give it a second thought as she shakily got to her feet and studied Slade's approach. His steps were calculated and deliberate, like everything else about him, as he advanced toward her.
There was no way that she could best him in a fight, especially right now. It's not like she IS incompetent at hand to hand combat, in fact, she IS very good at it, but for obvious reasons, she was at a severe disadvantage. Regardless, she crouched again, ready to fight him despite the odds.'

see thats it. everything else is in past tence however is is present tence. DOnt worry about it, im just picky with tence. OK! See you later and rest that wrist!
Angelic Toaster chapter 6 . 8/14/2012
First of all: you should totally get that surgery. Seriously.
Other than that, this story is uber awesome! I was just wondering, was slade actually there, or was he just an image cause by the tormentor? Or, did he cause the tormentor, let it loose on her mind, so to speak? Anyways, I can't wait for the update (but really, take care of your wrist and school work first :D)
SaphireDragon15 chapter 6 . 8/14/2012
I dont know?... As long as you up date soon then I don't care!...
Mhhh... sure I'll believe you. O_O
Playsintherainicorn chapter 5 . 8/3/2012
YES YES YES YES YES

This is getting more and more interesting :D

I think the pace is just how I like it. Starts off sort of slow and leisurely, plondering along quietly and peacefully. Then something happens and it starts walking faster. Then something else happens and it gets faster. I like this pace, it makes me feel overwhelmed with curiosity over what the hells going to happen next :D
gabylokita41 chapter 5 . 7/31/2012
I think ur doing good I like it mostly cuz its getting very interesting
Camlop chapter 5 . 7/31/2012
O_O
Okay, now THAT was a twist.
Red Cat Lotty chapter 5 . 7/31/2012
It looks like this is going to be a great story - what you have here is really amazing, a pleasure to read. I hope you update often and make it as good as what's already posted :)
HappyNevermore chapter 5 . 7/31/2012
Ohmygoodness! This story is fantabulous, gorgeously written, and just down right perfect! Please oh please update soon, the suspense is tormenting me. By the way, you stayed in character wonderfully. Especially with Robin during the medical ward scene. And Beast Boy when he was on the communicator with Raven.

This is one of the better stories - if not the best - I've read on fanfiction, and I'm glad I stumbled across it! Keep up the good work, and again, please update ASAP! :D (This whole story seems like it could have come straight from the TV show itself. Magnificent!)
Knight of the Raven chapter 5 . 7/31/2012
It never rains, it always pours, doesn't it?

I didn't expect that development. He really has a knack for worming himself into every story he finds. I wonder what will happen next... if he was really here that is.

Beautifully written. I love how Robin knows Raven enough to make "a conscious effort to leave a few feet of open space between them before he spoke" and "sense her anxiety and didn't move toward her anymore." But Raven stole the show with lines like "A few of the forgotten chairs in the room began to shake with her distress," "She clenched her jaw to stop herself from asking for help" and "Raven's eyes went wide for an split second before she promptly closed them tight and tried to think of anything other than the way her friends desperately cared for her. Robin wasn't talking about her putting the Titans through the end of the world. No, he was talking about *losing* her, Raven, his friend. That's what he didn't want to live through again. The sincerity and amity in his voice made her want to cry out in pure, unabashed joy."

The whole thing with facial expression was well-written, thought out and makes much sense, and I found "
Raven let out a small yelp of surprise causing a light down the hall to shatter" cute. "Raven was giving him a glare that she, every so often, wished could kill" was funny and in character (if a bit morbid).

I could feel her distress about the intruder, especially then: "A few seconds passed before she broke her self imposed trance and hastily whipped out her communicator. She winced in pain at the quick movement but wasted no time in opening the device and saying, almost breathlessly. "Raven calling anyone.""

From a writing point of view, I liked "The drudge toward the elevator was just that, a drudge. Her muscle strength was quickly depleting as she walked down the dark hallways. If she didn't know better, Raven would have thought that she was carrying a large block of lead on her back as she walked. Her joints groaned in protest and it suddenly occurred to her that she didn't know how long she was unconscious," "Raven halted in front of the elevator and called it with a code that had long been drilled into her muscle memory" and "The elevator expelled a large cluck as it began to move."
Knight of the Raven chapter 4 . 7/26/2012
You know, before you changed the second chapter, I had assumed the same thing as Raven; that she attacked herself, hence why her broken arm sounded even more painful than it already does.

I loved how you elaborated on Raven's character, with lines such as "She'd only experienced a few healing comas in her life and each time they'd only needed to treat minor injuries. They are only induced when she faints due to either physical or mental trauma and, unfortunately, this particular trance had to help treat both. And based on the pain she experienced when she woke, there was still some treatment to be had." and "The Ravens in her mind that Beast Boy and Cyborg saw those months ago were, literally, figments of her imagination. She created Nevermore in order to give her a place to confront her feelings without her powers going haywire and hurting innocent people. Each one of the color coded Ravens were created by her mind to represent a set of emotions, like false color images. They could physically show how any particular emotion was affecting her so that she could control it, but that's it. They weren't real."

Considering what Raven's going though since before the beginning of this story and the damage (both physical and mental) she suffered, I'd say Raven's rage is perfectly in character. So was her sickness at realizing the truth. I'm looking forward to the next chapters.

If there was something that I think could be bettered in this chapter, it'd be to keep referring to Raven's cloak as just that, a cloak. A robe is an entirely different type of garment.
theblackbirdsong chapter 4 . 7/24/2012
You got me interested. I like your writing! update soon?
Playsintherainicorn chapter 4 . 7/24/2012
oooooooooooooooooh... I can hardly wait to see what a Tormentor is :D

And she doesn't seem OOC, not by much. I mean, just think of how angry she got when BB and the others surprised her with that party in Betrayal. She can't keep a lid on her emotions all the time, much as she'd like to think otherwise.