Reviews for Stalemate
Guest chapter 6 . 12/6/2013
This is exactly what I wanted when I looked to find a Mayu/Shigure fic. Thank you; it really scratched an itch and I appreciate it.
svvya chapter 6 . 4/20/2013
Wow! These are beautiful! I don't think I've ever read a Mayu/Shigure story before, which is a shame because their relationship was so interesting. You captured both of their personalities perfectly and each drabble was really elegant and well-written. I especially liked the ending of the last one :)
Jo Suzuki chapter 4 . 8/12/2012
And oh yes, your characterization of Shigure is super close to perfection! :D 3
Jo Suzuki chapter 5 . 8/12/2012
Okay I love this story! :'D I always thought that Shigure and Mayu could fall in love with each other if they tried! While their respective individual love lives are filled with angst, they understand each other on a level no one else can! :') ... I wanna read more! :'D
Shai-Lang chapter 5 . 8/8/2012
I just have to say that I love these little drabbles you're doing for this couple. This is one of my favorite Furuba couples and its so sad that there's so little stuff on them, not to mention that you actually follow the canon manga storyline! This truly is a gem among all the trash that has now plauged the Furuba fandom, please please continue it!

Also, your characterization of Shigure is top-notch! I have rarely seen him written so well, I'm honestly in awe.
Guest chapter 4 . 7/7/2012
lovely
pinkperson chapter 4 . 7/6/2012
great chapter :) I liked that it was longer than a drabble. The way you write Mayu and Shigure's interactions is clever and believable and I feel like it could almost be taken from the manga. I also liked the way you used the analogy about Shigure being like a ripple on the water, at the end. And It was sweet how Mayu wanted to call Shigure to thank him for being kind, too.

Just one tiny criticism - I don't think 'sweatdropping' translates well to a written story. I think it would be more effective and less distracting if you described his reaction in a more realistic way.

Other than that, great job :)
Guest chapter 3 . 7/2/2012
Interesting. Shigure does seem like the type to twist words like this. I would like to see where you take this. Mayuko especially seems very underused in fanfiction.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/2/2012
Nice to see something for these two :). I think you've believably captured them both so far. It'd be interesting to see someone try and explain why Shigure became the way he is (elusive, manipulative), though...Or maybe it's one of those things that are better left open to interpretation :P