Reviews for Dancing Cheek to Cheek
Rosa Cotton chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
Sweet!
OrangeShipper chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
Aaaahhh how did I miss that you'd posted this?

I can't get over how oddly brilliantly Downton translates to this under your direction :D Anna, Mrs Hughes... Ahaha even Clarkson the incompetent conductor! That's genius! ENTERTAINMENT DIRECTOR R. CARLISLE. Brilliant.

And of course, Matthew and Mary dancing and singing together... Well, of course that's perfect. Thank you again for writing it to cheer me up - I was so, so touched - and yay for posting it here and a lovely reminder of it! :D
Guest chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Aw:) I'm a huge fun of fred and ginger and I can so see Matthew and Mary dancing in their shoes.
My fav film is Top Hat too:)
patsan chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
That was... funny. I didn't catch all the references, shame on me, as I only know a few of these "dancing movies", but it was nice nonetheless.
darkblueyank chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Myself, I like Gene Kelly and my favorite is "Moses Supposes" from "Singing in the Rain". Because Donald O'Connor is awesome too. Sometimes I just cruise youtube and watch Fred and Gene, always lifts my mood.

I liked how so many of our Downton characters managed to put in an appearance in your story. Lady Rosamund and the Turkish diplomat LOL :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Lovely story. Now have a mental image of them dancing somewhere other than DA. I got a chuckle over the assigned roles. Hughes as director/stage manager-perfect. Clarkson as an orchestra leader! What a hoot. He'd look great there.
pamylz chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Adorable. Perfect. And I don't know the first thing about that part of history/culture so no criticism from me for that haha. Basically just love it!

April
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Simply delightful! Loved how every character found their place, one way or another, and I do hope the got that room after all. (also, I gratuitously imagined Cher in the audience. I don't know why, really. She simply appeared there, nodding approvingly at Mary and Matthew.)