Reviews for But Life Does Not A Happy Ending Make
Adelled chapter 16 . 4/13
What three dimensional characters you have written. A canon complying fic that has a fully realized Marshall and Mary. Wonderful angst filled read, well written. Thank you for spending your time and talen entertaining perfect (and not so perfect) strangers.
sarahsammom chapter 16 . 5/20/2013
really enjoyed this. your characters are spot on.
jekkah chapter 16 . 3/9/2013
Aw, what a great ending! So very Mary and Marshall. As sad as I am to see it go, you did a great job!
BrittanyLS chapter 16 . 3/7/2013
I love this!
JJ2008 chapter 16 . 3/3/2013
Nice ending...but I'm sad to see it end. I hope you write more! Thanks-)
redbrainbluebrain chapter 16 . 3/3/2013
Sad to see it end. Very nice believable ending to a beautiful and well-written fanfic. Thanks for writing. Hoping you will write more for the fandom.
jekkah chapter 15 . 2/3/2013
Great chapter! The interweaving of scenes from the show and scenes from earlier chapters running through Mary's head to push her forward was great. Loved the Marshall and Norah scenes. And I also loved that Marshall kept pushing Mary, not letting her back down. Mary's answer at the end, of course, was terrific.

The truck scene had me squealing. It was fantastic.
Jena chapter 15 . 2/1/2013
Great chapter ! I wonder are you going to bring in someone Abigail knows to shake things up.
EinIII chapter 15 . 1/31/2013
Great Chapter.
JJ2008 chapter 15 . 1/29/2013
Yes...their relationship is exactly that, " messy". Well done, loved how Ralph pops in!
tilleygirl chapter 15 . 1/29/2013
Marshall...We're...we're messy.

Yes! This exactly. They 'are' messy. And that's okay. I love the slow progression of the relationship, from repairing the damaged friendship, to something more. The snippets of flashback are nicely interwoven into the current story.

Interesting how Abigail and Raph, even though both are no longer part of their lives, still manage to come between them.

And Norah and Marshall are adorable.
redbrainbluebrain chapter 15 . 1/28/2013
Thanks for the update. I really like reading this story. Nice build-up from chapter to chapter. Really like when Norah was trying to say Marshall name. Excellent and seamless tie-in with their recollections of past conversations. Love the last line choosing one word to describe them. Again, perfect tie-in.
redbrainbluebrain chapter 14 . 1/16/2013
Love Mary and Marshall in this domestic scene; very touching, emotional Mary and Brandi moment- well done!
jekkah chapter 14 . 1/15/2013
I adore all the sweet kisses between Mary and Marshall in this chapter and love how you're letting them progress naturally and not making it a big deal. Marshall and Norah were just adorable - I hope we get to see more of them together. The conversation between Mary and Brandi was also very well done, gives Brandi a bit of closure that she didn't get on the show.
JJ2008 chapter 14 . 1/13/2013
Marshall reading to Norah was adorable. Still trying to figure out the timeframe and how the conversation with Brandi about the money their dad left the kids and the baseball game fits into Mary and Marshall's night and if Mary gets a piece of pie...looking forwards to your next update.