Reviews for Thunder's Half
Natalie Rushman chapter 5 . 2/2
That was really good! I love the fact that there's no real 'resolution', no brother-to-brother heart-to-heart or anything. Very in character and a pleasure to read with all those SAT words ;) I felt like this fic not only entertained, but educated me, and THAT is a rare feat ;) Thank you.
Natalie Rushman chapter 4 . 2/2
I really enjoyed Clint's take. Can't wait to see how this one ends ;)
Natalie Rushman chapter 2 . 2/2
love this story. His response to his reflection was perfect.
Natalie Rushman chapter 1 . 1/26
You have a great vocabulary. It's not every day I find a fic and need a dictionary as I read it! Well done. I like all the myth/comic lingo too. Very nice ;)
PeaceHeather chapter 5 . 5/7/2014
Really excellent. Ambiguous Loki is not easy for people to write, given how few fics I find where it's done well. There's something so sad about him, here, that it just aches even when he's a complete badass. Twenty minutes and done, solo, where the whole team couldn't handle the dwarf at all. But he still sees himself as irredeemable, and unable to escape Thor's orbit, nor ever return to Odin's family as anything other than "a Jotun slave". It aches.

Really well done. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Ribke D'Crazy chapter 5 . 11/27/2013
I'm just going to take a second to say: I LOVE your vocabulary.
Maia2 chapter 5 . 9/1/2013
This is a really cool story. I like the way you described the battles, people's fears, the magic. I like that Loki ends up doing the right thing, but doesn't feel he has, doesn't want redemption. It's kind of sad, but realistic.
I bet Thor's going to be very frustrated when he comes back to himself and realizes his little brother saved him and he didn't even get a chance to thank him, nor give him one of his hugs.
Rachelle Lo chapter 5 . 5/2/2013
Well worth a read! Wish it was longer.
wbss21 chapter 5 . 10/19/2012
This was just brilliant. Truly. You're an amazing writer, and create such a rich, emotive, vivid picture with your words. I'm really, incredibly impressed. And this story was just an absolute delight to read. Everything was fantastic, from the plot, to the circumstances, to your characterization of everyone, and especially your exploration of Loki and his psyche.

I really loved how you were able to keep his defiant, egotistical, bitter presentation in tact, his snarky and biting wit and amusement at other people's cluelessness while being able to delve beneath that sort of facade and hint at the longing and desire he actually has to be accepted and loved and thought of as worthy of Odin, etc... Of course, the one person Loki lies to most of all is himself, and I think you just did the most amazing job of showing that layered complexity and conflict that makes his character so fascinating and, ultimately, sympathetic.

I also loved the way you demonstrated how actually powerful Loki is, both in terms of his ability to wield magic, but also in his intelligence. I see a lot of fics where it's a case of the Avengers somehow teaching Loki some all important life lesson and making him look kind of stupid in the process, and that always strikes me as sort of absurd, given Loki is an ancient being of god-like power and experience beyond the scope of human comprehension. On top of which, he's considered a genius among gods. It's highly doubtful, in my mind, that any human being would ever be able to out-wit or talk circles around the god of lies and mischief, and that, in reality, Loki would find all of them to be nothing more than a slight annoyance.

So Loki coming in and handling everyone verbally the way he did was just brilliant characterization and excellent dialog. And I loved how he just defeated the dwarf with ease, and was able to stand toe to toe with Thor and show no fear of him. And that was also a great touch at the end, when Steve and Tony sort of realize that Loki, while it seemed like jabbing and insults, actually helped Steve to get back in the game and return to his team. I imagine that's how Loki's always worked. Everything he does is done with subtly and with an indirect approach, and it's probably one of the reasons everyone's always mistrusted him, but ultimately misjudged him too. Those times he seemed like he was just being a prick, he was actually doing what he knew had to be done to help, or aid, etc...

Anyway, again, a really amazing story, and I hope you'll consider writing more for these characters in the future. Thank you for sharing!
grossasstoenails chapter 5 . 10/19/2012
I liked the tone of this fanfic...it's light, funny, and still epic :)
Sequel?
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
interesting
Tricksterkat209 chapter 4 . 8/7/2012
Actually this started as a message to tell you that I love your writing style and that the plot is amazing so far and everyone seems so in character but now that I noticed where you cut off and left us hanging and wondering (I hate tbc) this morphed into a message of outrage. Beware of the pitchforks! Just kidding, it's brilliant!
Guest chapter 5 . 8/6/2012
"He's all yours, Brainy Smurf."
HA, that really cracked me up while reading during lunch break... I snorted my coffee all around the place and my colleague was pretty worried :-)

I found your use of humor-drama-mix very effective and well-done, and I loved the plot. It was very creative and entertaining. I'm liking your writing-style and hoping for more in the (near) future :-)
Guest chapter 5 . 7/29/2012
Hm. I've quite liked this story, mostly - the banter was quick and delightfully in character, and you managed to weave lots of little plots in together without it feeling overwhelmed. The writing, all in all, felt very balanced and flowed wonderfully. However, I feel like the ending was a bit - sudden? I feel like there needed to be a little bit more development before we got such a dramatic reaction out of Loki within the story - it's plausible, but it felt very sudden and like you could do a bit more with it. Still, very nicely done, I enjoyed reading this quite a bit and am more than a little surprised at the lack of reviews for such a solid story.
Starshinedown chapter 5 . 7/27/2012
I enjoyed this story, very much. It's a nice change, Thor being the one heading (however much it may not be his choice) into darkness. Loki to the rescue! How strange to write that. :)

This feels a bit incomplete, though maybe it's just my wishful thinking for more-for a "what happens next."

Thank you for sharing this!