Reviews for Thunder's Half
tanithlipsky chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
interesting
Tricksterkat209 chapter 4 . 8/7/2012
Actually this started as a message to tell you that I love your writing style and that the plot is amazing so far and everyone seems so in character but now that I noticed where you cut off and left us hanging and wondering (I hate tbc) this morphed into a message of outrage. Beware of the pitchforks! Just kidding, it's brilliant!
Guest chapter 5 . 8/6/2012
"He's all yours, Brainy Smurf."
HA, that really cracked me up while reading during lunch break... I snorted my coffee all around the place and my colleague was pretty worried :-)

I found your use of humor-drama-mix very effective and well-done, and I loved the plot. It was very creative and entertaining. I'm liking your writing-style and hoping for more in the (near) future :-)
Guest chapter 5 . 7/29/2012
Hm. I've quite liked this story, mostly - the banter was quick and delightfully in character, and you managed to weave lots of little plots in together without it feeling overwhelmed. The writing, all in all, felt very balanced and flowed wonderfully. However, I feel like the ending was a bit - sudden? I feel like there needed to be a little bit more development before we got such a dramatic reaction out of Loki within the story - it's plausible, but it felt very sudden and like you could do a bit more with it. Still, very nicely done, I enjoyed reading this quite a bit and am more than a little surprised at the lack of reviews for such a solid story.
Starshinedown chapter 5 . 7/27/2012
I enjoyed this story, very much. It's a nice change, Thor being the one heading (however much it may not be his choice) into darkness. Loki to the rescue! How strange to write that. :)

This feels a bit incomplete, though maybe it's just my wishful thinking for more-for a "what happens next."

Thank you for sharing this!
Silent Suspicion chapter 2 . 7/24/2012
Wow, I adore the descriptions of J├Âtunheim, I can pratically feel the cold air and snowy landscape.

Also, your insight as to how Loki views Thor rings true, and makes a hear deal of sense. In addition, the fact that he feels betrayed by Odin because of the lies, instead of some form of abuse, is brilliantly done. Words mean a great deal to him, so it makes sense that he would hate being lied to, or that Thor's verbal affirmation of his care would penetrate his heart.

And your portrayal of Cap'n was just wondrous. I never would have considered that Ironman's face mask would unnerved him, and I'm glad that he doesn't cower when brought up against his greatest nightmare.

Anyway, I'll definitely be enjoying this story. Thanks for sharing it with us!
FREAKTONIGHT chapter 5 . 7/21/2012
:) this is awesome
AccountDeleted UserInactive chapter 5 . 7/9/2012
This was amazing. I mean, from the beginning I was so flattered that you'd spend your small amount of free time on it, but even if I'd come to it as a random reader, it's SO impressive. I could write for pages about all the things I like. Technically, of course, it was great, as are all your other stories-the use of imagery, the variations in your sentence structure, the way it flows and then stops to emphasize significant images or lines of dialogue. The voices were spot-on, and you avoided flippant-Tony while still keeping snarky-Tony and also managing a fantastic new take on the relationship between him and Steve. I think the balance between all the characters was great as well. Loki and Thor are the main focus, of course, but the Avengers were still major players instead of simple one-dimensional afterthoughts.

And I love your Loki. For like, at least a dozen reasons. The end especially, his thoughts on redemption, created a character that was proud and fierce and almost unlikeable, in a way, which is one of my favorite perceptions of his character, and the one I'm trying for too. Yet somehow I really sympathized with him, the way he seems to fight his own involuntary good intentions when it comes to Thor's safety.

Thank you so much for writing this-it's a really, really strong contribution to the corpus of Loki fics.
Blahblahstuff chapter 5 . 7/9/2012
"What are your feelings on the Blue Man Group?"

I see what you did there... I see it. Also LOL
Guest chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
Gaaah!
:sits down with popcorn:
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
The Pearl Maiden chapter 4 . 7/9/2012
Ooh, good work Nightsmoke!

Can't wait for more. :)
vsama chapter 4 . 7/9/2012
Thats funny, the avengers are probably freaked that Loki is taking what looking like an apocalyptic fight as, oh this might take awhile don't wait up, when to them its the biggest thing they ever seen
Ordis chapter 4 . 7/9/2012
EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC LOOOKI COME ON YOU KNOW YOU CAN BEAT THOOOR!
Guest chapter 3 . 7/7/2012
Ooohhh EPIC LOKI STEVE BONDING! I Love it :))

Another?