Reviews for Night Terrors
Lucem Yoru chapter 1 . 10/31/2013
Well done, really spot on what I guessed Emil's life was like before meeting Marta. Would you be interested in making an epilogue? Maybe it's because Tales of Symphonia Chronicles will be coming to the west but I'm really starting to hunger for good Symphonia stories again. (espescially EmilxMarta)
The one who writes the ones chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
Nice
diety chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Awes poor Emil
WaffleChocobo chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
This was really cute and well written nice job
Emil C chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
Gosh! I love ALL OF YOU GUYS! Not only you Kitty79...!
It's just that I completely agree with all of your comments. I can't believe so many of you actually see Emil for who he is! Obvoiusly you can see how much of a real guy he is! All other character heroes have had loving families or friends that helped him grow up strong. But Emil, he was all by himself with the only two links to the real life being the primordial causes of his despair!
I did noticed from the very first time I cried and endure everything he felt during the game and honestly I empathize( taking on account that we share more than the name but those experiences...)
Yeah, I am also called Emil! LOLS! XD I think it is the "curse of all Emil's" to have a huge heart, yet being mistreated by your parents, family and friends...(sigh) anyways, thanks for people like you to be there and feel for someone like Emil!
Hopefully someday I'll meet my very own Marta... T-T
Strawberry Eggs chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Indeed, indeed. It never even occurred to me until well after I finished the game for the first time that Emil likely suffered physical abuse at the hands of his uncle, and probably others. It's obvious that being in Luin after the Blood Purge did alot to make the poor boy so introverted and cowardly. It's not like he doesn't have a good reason for it. Maybe I ignored it the first time since his aunt and uncle seemed somewhat willing to let bygones be bygones near the end of the game.

Even so, this is very well written. I'm assuming this is written after Marta starts to love Emil for who he really is rather than her fantasy image of him. She starts off thinking his sleep-talk will let her learn juicy tidbits about what he really thinks of her, and instead learns about his harsh past and current worries. It was heart-rending to read how much she wanted to wake him up and remind that he had her, but it would probably not help the boy, or do more harm than good. You captured those emotion very well!

I especially love this line: " She had to, for not only did she have to love him enough to satisfy herself but also enough to cover for the love he should have received from his caretakers, the people of his town and the friends that he never made." So very touching, so very moving.

So yes, this is very well written. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Nice story! Realy made me tear up and cry a little. Try makeing another one!
AntiSora chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
This is very well-written, I really like it.

And you're right, not many focus on the abuse he obviously endured. The way the people in Luin and his Uncle talk to/about him at the start show obvious verbal abuse, and it's clearly stated that he's been physically abused. There's a skit near the start where Emil says "I wonder if he'll hit me again. What should I do? I'm scared." (the 'he' being his uncle)

People are quick to tear him down for being "whiny" or such, but they rarely take into account just what kind of hell he's endured.

It's nice to see somebody touching on that. :3
Naekane chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
This pretty good! And yeah, there are strong hints that he had been abused, but few people ever mention it, except maybe when the reason why Emil is so timid and withdrawn is brought up. It's sweet to hear Marta's thoughts on it and how she longs to comfort him and make it all better. Even if you have to wait, got for it, Marta!