Reviews for The Sign That He Couldn't Read
MultiFandomMonster chapter 1 . 6/10/2014
Omigod! This was so sweet 3 If there ever was a perfect couple THIS ONE qualifys 3
Fuzzycat901 chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
Nice one shot! It was written really well! I played Enid in my High School's play, and I got to wear leather pants, it was awesome!
legallybrunettebelle chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
In our show our Viviennes and Warners (we double casted) kissed after the engagement. The first time we did the scene was the first time our Warners ever got kissed (lol). But it was odd because one of our Elle/Emmett sets didn't kiss after their engagement :/
JWood201 chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
YOU KNOW WHAT - that's true, she doesn't kiss Warner. Interesting. She's an aloof little thing, isn't she?

I wanted to comment on this because I'm playing Enid in a production of the musical now and I absolutely love her. At first I was pumped to play such a "character" - she's loud and funny and out there and everyone loves a good lesbian joke, right? But I really got into the character development as rehearsals went along. I started to tone her down and class her up a little bit throughout Act 2. The wardrobe becomes more normal (although I still rock the dog tags with my suit - let's not go crazy!). I also really appreciate the friendship that grows between the three girls through Act 2 and we play up the "girls gotta stick together" bit in the Remix and it just adds that little something extra to the show - to see how these three drastically different women can become friends and support one another. At graduation Paulette mentions how Enid has a real job while Vivienne trains for the Peace Corps - this to me shows how they've influenced each other and met in the middle to better each other.

That being said, I can also kind of get on board this ship. People who are so drastically tough and aloof have to have some epic vulnerability underneath. And it's usually more pronounced and deeper than those who wear their hearts on their sleeves like Elle does. So I can totally see these two bonding and becoming good friends, if not going the way your story did.

I love analyzing characters and motive and all that and making those secondary characters as fully fleshed out (and maybe even moreso) than the leads. And I really appreciate you looking deeper as well, especially with my girl Enid. I always thought she didn't get enough props, but always had the potential to steal the show. Next weekend's performances might just have a little extra pep to them now. :)

Thanks for your stories and I hope you post the others.
Rose Weasley chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
This is funny because in our play Vivienne and Warner refuse to kiss each other (cuz they love each other like siblings) and because at the end Enid and Vivienne end up together (says our director, they just hold hands)
scBOMaddict chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
Absolutely wonderful! I love the Vivienne/Enid pairing. Please write more stories like this!
BethNoz16 chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
Hello again! I reviewed your other Enid/Vivienne story the other day (as a guest), just thought I'd do this one too. Absolutely lovely once again, and so very sweet. Your grammar and spelling is good and I could see no mistakes, and the characters seemed very in-character. A very good observation from your friend I might add. Once again, a good fic, do keep them coming!