Reviews for To the Underground and Back: Part 1
StarWarsSkyrim51 chapter 6 . 3/21/2017
I liked it.
Mew Mew the Hero chapter 1 . 7/13/2016
Hey new story idea for ya, why not the 1985 fantasy-adventure-romance movie: LEGEND. I like this story and the rest so why not let Christine aka (you) into the movie with the Christian twist too, eh? Just wanted to give you a story idea. :):):)
Mew Mew the hero chapter 1 . 12/20/2015
Well... If Sarah was with you, she probably say " Well, here we go again." well lesson learned kids: Be careful what you wish for, someone MAY be listening. but good start to this tale :D
Guest chapter 6 . 7/18/2012
I loved this story so much! I'm delighted that there's a sequal.
Teres chapter 6 . 7/13/2012
Hey, this is great writing - I love how active you have God in your writing. He certainly does come to the rescue of His children (in real life), and He doesn't wish for any to perish but to come into everlasting life. So, awesome that Jareth wants to know God. I'll definitely read your part 2!
The Queen of Water chapter 6 . 7/13/2012
That was great.
MusicOverMatter chapter 6 . 7/13/2012
Yahoo! Triumph!

Sorry my dear for not reviewing/reading the last chapter when it came out, I was so super busy I didn't have time for either.

But for the matter at hand. Wow! For the other chapter, I respect your descision to skip all the silly goblin fighting. While it was a part of the movie. I just never saw it a a good one. Yes, it was a distraction to waste Sarah's time. But in contrast here, it shows Jareth had enough respect for his opponent to not dance around the bush in getting to the final showdown. Which once more proves difference between Sarah and Christine.

Then the final face-down! Ouch-e-Mamma! That was intense! Christine, unwilling to just go down without a fight (you go girl!), starts up with the awesome defensive/offensive mechanisms. Of course, Jareth goes right through them. He isn't defeated THAT easily. (Good for story line, bad for girl power self esteem. But the story is the important thing, right?)

Then the Phantom references, I was screaming on the inside. 'Cause my inner Phangirl was like; "Leave Erik's Christine out of this you jerk-head! (Jareth, obviously.)
And I can't even get over what happened there. It was like a well-placed sucker-punch. I still don't think I've recovered.

But your ending was, in a word, ideal. (O.G. Quoting, the essence of literary happiness.) I loved that the holy spirit had her forgive him and start over again. 'Cause I never did like the idea of broken sadness/defeat. And now we've got room for a sequel! And possibly a saved Goblib King!

Wonderful Job. I couldn't possibly have asked for a better Christian Labyrinth Story. I'm adding this to my favs, 'cause this is one story I intend to enjoy over and over again. You've put the right words, the right actions, and the right reactions in the right places. Thank You sooooo much! This was truly an extraordinary piece. :)
The Queen of Water chapter 5 . 7/9/2012
I like it.
grapejuice101 chapter 5 . 7/9/2012
I love it. Plz update asap and plz have more jareth/chris scenes plz.
MusicOverMatter chapter 4 . 7/8/2012
Aiiiiiiyyyyyy! Not only do I find another Enya fan (Enya one of best singers ever), but I am enchanted by the best chapter yet!

I am currently on a adrenaline high from reading this chapter and listening to 'Bard Dance' at the same time. So what comes out may be a bit repetitive/stupid, but I shall do my best!

First off, thatta girl! Leaving notes, searching for fox knights, and ignoring peaches! Christine, your logic just gets better and better . :) And of course our brilliant, awe-inspiring author comes up with the most novel and sensible way to help Jareth deal with her own character's ever-growing sense and survival instincts. (Not so easy when it's not an immature, slightly bratty, and not overwhelmingly bright little girl, is it Jareth?) A Poison Dart! Brava! Brava! My sides were/are in stitches!

Then, I can only precede if my girly side is indulged by noting... how much I loved the dress! (yeah, I'm a knife throwing, anti-saddle riding, fashionista.) My sparkle senses were tingling, and I sensed the presence of some seriously chic couture. ;)

And WOW, Enya? Could you have picked a more perfect song? Never in a billion years! Go Enya!

But then, when Jareth made his grand entrance I was like; "Go for a chair!", and then Jareth was like; "Yeah, learned my lesson there.". And then I was like; "Darn." And then he forced Christine to dance, and I was like; "Run Girl! RUN!", then Jareth said; "Oh, look, I'm doings something, it's called: HOLDING HER BY HER BACK.", and then I was like; "I feel so dumb.". THEN, he had the nerve to ask her to be queen, and Christine was like; "See through it! Ain't gonna do it!" (Go Smart Girls!), then Jareth pulled the ULTIMATE sucker punch and was like; "Offer: living the epic adventure of a life-time." And I was like; "Do it! Do it!"

Then The Holy Spirit stepped in and was like; "Ahem...", and I was like; "Oh, Um, Uh, Yeah, Boo Labyrinth, Woot Normalness." (See? I failed at being a good fictional character...)

Okay, all kidding aside, I was getting seriously freaked out/excited/scared/curious when Jareth tried to pull her in for kiss. I was praying for a miracle, cause that devil just had her in the "Peach-Hold".

Then, WOW! Shocker of a lifetime! An Angel! (makes sense. God is God, and theys in da labyrinth.) After that I can't even begin to describe my estacy, and the whole "Back off seducing the daughter of the King Of Kings!", sent shivers up my spine. And she steps out of a great trial, thanks to God!

Best. Chapter. Yet.

(Best day too, the kids in nursury were polite, well behaved, and seemingly oblivious to my apparent drowsiness from my 4 a.m. drive to church to make it in time. :) )

Can't even fathom how I'm going to wait til' the next chapter! Keep er' comin'! ;)
MusicOverMatter chapter 3 . 7/7/2012
Yay! Fiery-butt-kicking action! Man, you just made my day! :) I completely loved how Christine handled this, no screaming, no whimpering, no wasting time. And for goodness sakes not trying to climb the face of a wall. I mean, I know Sarah had no other alternative, but she couldn't maybe take the end of the rope WITH her, Therefore keeping any fireys from FOLLOWING her? See? Once again lack of thought. But I don't think Christine will have any problem in that department. And I can't get over the fact that she loves self-defensive stuff too! I practice knife-throwing and basic immobility causing I think that the mixed martial arts are looking a little more appealing at this point...

But I'm simply on pins and needles waiting for Christine to meet Sir Didymus! He is by far the best labyrinth character ever. And now I'm just gonna hafta hold all the excitement til the next update!

Sorry if my review isn't very good though, it's mid-night and when I saw my email alert to this chapter being put up I couldn't resist. ;) But still, my bed is telling me that I'm gonna regret this tomorrow, especially since I've got nursery at church this week... **start to hyperventilate at thought of hyper toddlers mixed with tired babysitter.**
MusicOverMatter chapter 2 . 7/6/2012
Oh please finish this! I am very intrigued by this idea. I've though about how a situation like this would turn out, a Christian being put in place of the normal lead in various books and movies. And so far your version is turning out pretty good!

I liked that Christine wasn't portrayed as being ignorant or unreasonably stupid. She thinks logically and puts up a fight! I'm also a Christian, and I also would not roll up into a ball and wait for an angel to come down from heaven and solve my problems. I'm gonna do my best to figure out what to do to protect myself and my family, as your character does here.

I also appreciated her approach in dealing with Jareth (MAN she handled that better than I would.), her level headed attitude gave off a sense of maturity that Sarah just didn't have. Though I'm glad you made it clear she WAS scared, and did need help from God. Because it just wouldn't be believable if she were not.

Overall I am liking everything, I can't make too deep a judgement as this story has just begun, but I am looking forward to seeing what comes next! (and how she deals with Fireys!). ;) Keep it up!
Spirit Speaker chapter 2 . 7/5/2012
I like the refrences to God and the Holy Spirit, and I'm interested in where you are going to go with this. Very cool.