Reviews for The Dark Lords Ascendant
Another great chapter. Have you considered posting it somewhere else though? On vine forums make it easier for people to comment on and review the story.
mystery idiot 50 chapter 10 . 9/29
one of my fav here. waiting for more chapters.
beamknight87 chapter 15 . 9/18
Well here I am. You got me glued the entire last week to the screen reading this amazing story. I was actually cursing for having to go to work instead of being able to sit down and keep reading this like a madman. So let's get started with some of my impressions:

- First, what the hell happened in India for Ranma & co. that they are so spooked to even talk about it? You'd think that after Saffron and Beryl's army, the Nerima dwellers would be more than able to handle almost everything, but the fact that Ryoga practically died there suggests otherwise. Must have been one hell of an adventure. Hope you can provide some more insight on that particular event.

- Like in the first part, the long chain of misunderstandings and wild guesses the characters make with barely any basis end up having a lot of consequences for the story. It took them a long while and lots of conflict (as it should), but Ranma and the Senshi were finally able to put down their differences and realize they are not Dark Lord psychos/omnicidal magical girls. That was a pretty solid situation to allow the actual bad guys act as a third party and gain a lot of advantage.

- Will Ryoga finally be able to be happy with a girl? While Hotaru does seem a solid choice for him, the actual development for that is hilarious, since it all began thanks to Chibi-Usa's wild assumption in the long chain of misunderstandings. It is all too sweet... if it not were for the massive death flags that both characters have and I can totally see Hotaru sacrificing herself for Ryoga and the latter going in a suicidal roaring rampage of revenge.

- Stll, things came to a full circle for Ranma and Ryoga at this point thanks to the unconditional support they got for liberating the Dark Kingdom (yeah, try to wrap your mind around THAT one). They are now actually the Dark Lords that got this whole mess started in the first place! Wonder how they will react once they realize that.

- I'm surprised you have not included Ranma's mother in the story beyond that small mention in the first part of the story. I can totally see her suggesting him to take some of the SM girls as his mistresses much for his distress.

- I was a bit wary at first of the OC villain you used as the main antagonist for this part, but damn, you really did succeed in making Tanizaki an enjoyable bastard that is not afraid to raise the stakes when he needs to do so to win. It is amusing how Ranma can read him perfectly and he in turn considers Ranma the greatest threat at this delicate juncture: his control on things is slipping away, fast, but he still has a wild card that can either bring him total victory or complete defeat. Sure, he underestimated his foes and overestimated Unit Zero, but using such a daring move takes balls and that is just a glimpse of how far he is willing go in the final confrontation.

- As for that, well, we have the Big Bad about to unleash an unstoppable genocidal invincible monster in one of the most densely populated cities on Earth, while an Eldritch Abomination is likely to fully manifest itself and crash the party in the middle of the battle. Sound like a plan. Will Tanizaki be willing to call for a truce to deal with the cosmic abomination? Ha! Fat chance! If anything and with how you have written him so far, my guess is that he will either help it or outright try to make a deal right there and then with it to finish Ranma and the Senshi once and for all.

I suppose it will take you months to publish the following chapter, but I'm going to wait for it eagerly to read the outcome of this great tale, which while it appears to be in the horizon, still seems very distant.
SneakyDevil chapter 15 . 9/12
I don't even know sailor moon and you somehow made me read over 600k words of sailr moon fanfiction. Gratz
Campin Carl chapter 15 . 8/4
I've been following this since the first chapter back when I was a senior in high school. I've enjoyed it immensely, and it's been a blast even through my 20s. However, there is one problem with the story: At the reveal of Ekim's possession at the end of this chapter, you wrote "It's voice" instead of "Its voice". So I'm leaving this review to let you know that I'm removing the story from my bookmarks and reporting you. I can't believe you've done this.
Porpoisepower chapter 15 . 8/2
This is story is amazing and (potentially) just a chapter or two from completion... Keep it up don't stall out now!
benign intent chapter 15 . 7/31
Amazing update I really love the development of plans and schemes and characters. of note, go Soun! That gives me hope for the little guys involvement . poor zero, can't help but feel for her, and what tragic timing for the nightmare whose name won't pass my autocorrect... and romance plot went a way I could not have predicted , as is usual and amusing in this instance. Wonderful chapter, glad you have continued as I always am. will revisit later.
IGAF-kun chapter 15 . 7/23
Fantastic work so far! I've been following this story since chapter 3 of the Dark Lords of Nerima, and this is the only story I can think of that I have reread multiple times. I look forward to future chapters and will probably reread this whole story again 2 or 3 times before it is finished! Keep up the good work.
MangamanZX chapter 15 . 7/18
Oh the misunderstanding... poor Ryoga... well at least the misunderstanding will be cleared up eventually and Rhoga and Hotaru will have adorable Saturn pig babbies together :)
Melinoe saving her brother was rather sweet, even if it was for pragmatic purposes. Helios, stop being a man child.
YakumoFujii3x3 chapter 15 . 7/1
Man, the set up for the coming showdown is great. Can't wait to see what happens next.

By the way, I'm the guest who just reviewed chapter 14.
Didn't realized I wasn't signed in.
Been meaning to read these last two updates for a long time, but life has been so busy.

It was worth the wait. Wow! What a great update. Great action, riveting drama, and impressive scheming. You literally can't ask for anything more. You are the master of the Ranma/Sailor Moon crossover.
Thurhame chapter 15 . 6/6
Another awesome chapter. I'm glad you're still writing :)

Though I should mention Minako doesn't technically need Usagi's disguise pen; her compact also has a disguise function. While the compact has only been directly shown or mentioned in the Sailor V manga, she does use it once in the anime, when one of their enemies had discovered Sailor Moon's identity and Minako had to disguise herself as Sailor Moon to throw them off track.
Ashriel chapter 15 . 6/6
I was the 31st reviewer of Dark Lords of Nerima, and despite reading that first chapter at the tail end of the period where I read fanfiction religiously, it's quite obvious to me why I've continued to check back in periodically for updates to this story. It has been an utterly amazing ride and I'm both anxious to see it end, while also somewhat saddened by the thought of not getting to read anymore of the adventures of the Nerima and Juban crews. Every time I've thought things couldn't get crazier, they do, and it's always completely amazing. Keep up the good work, sir.
DarkJackel chapter 15 . 5/30
That bit between Ranma and Genma was interesting, especially with Soun manning up.

One must wonder whether the Nameless One will manifest in the office or in a storehouse near the battle? Can a kiaju-style battle between two Lovecraftian nightmares be in our future? Hopefully there will be a chance for the various monster breeds to seek vengeance on the synths. One must indeed wonder how they would stack up, especially against those who are veterans of their war with the Senshi.

Speaking of vengeance one must wonder if Mousse will recover in time for a heroic rescue of Usagi's body from Zhang that results in his revenge?

Knew you wouldn't kill Pegasus given the makeup of the cosmology. That said seeing that Melinoe was the agent of his salvation was interesting and the fact that it backfired on Usagi was a nice reminder of what happens when the token evil teammate slips the leash. Nice to see that she realizes the cost of using this situation to break free would cost too much. That said hopefully the Ekim situation will give Usagi the kind of opportunity that she would need to win Unit Zero's trust. Who knows maybe Zero can be saved.

Is it just me or does it sound like Ryoga is going to sacrifice himself to save Hotaru, possibly requiring resurrection, only to learn it is him that she loves? Her coming clean to the girls was nice.

So what will Tanizaki's next gamble be once this one fails? Perhaps the one he would have employed after losing everything in the Great Freeze. Personally I suspect that in that timeline he made another grab at godhood, resulting in him becoming Wiseman but that is just me.

Either way it will be a hell of a fight.

-_-Me-_-