Reviews for The Dark Lords Ascendant
Thurhame chapter 15 . 6/6
Another awesome chapter. I'm glad you're still writing :)

Though I should mention Minako doesn't technically need Usagi's disguise pen; her compact also has a disguise function. While the compact has only been directly shown or mentioned in the Sailor V manga, she does use it once in the anime, when one of their enemies had discovered Sailor Moon's identity and Minako had to disguise herself as Sailor Moon to throw them off track.
Ashriel chapter 15 . 6/6
I was the 31st reviewer of Dark Lords of Nerima, and despite reading that first chapter at the tail end of the period where I read fanfiction religiously, it's quite obvious to me why I've continued to check back in periodically for updates to this story. It has been an utterly amazing ride and I'm both anxious to see it end, while also somewhat saddened by the thought of not getting to read anymore of the adventures of the Nerima and Juban crews. Every time I've thought things couldn't get crazier, they do, and it's always completely amazing. Keep up the good work, sir.
DarkJackel chapter 15 . 5/30
That bit between Ranma and Genma was interesting, especially with Soun manning up.

One must wonder whether the Nameless One will manifest in the office or in a storehouse near the battle? Can a kiaju-style battle between two Lovecraftian nightmares be in our future? Hopefully there will be a chance for the various monster breeds to seek vengeance on the synths. One must indeed wonder how they would stack up, especially against those who are veterans of their war with the Senshi.

Speaking of vengeance one must wonder if Mousse will recover in time for a heroic rescue of Usagi's body from Zhang that results in his revenge?

Knew you wouldn't kill Pegasus given the makeup of the cosmology. That said seeing that Melinoe was the agent of his salvation was interesting and the fact that it backfired on Usagi was a nice reminder of what happens when the token evil teammate slips the leash. Nice to see that she realizes the cost of using this situation to break free would cost too much. That said hopefully the Ekim situation will give Usagi the kind of opportunity that she would need to win Unit Zero's trust. Who knows maybe Zero can be saved.

Is it just me or does it sound like Ryoga is going to sacrifice himself to save Hotaru, possibly requiring resurrection, only to learn it is him that she loves? Her coming clean to the girls was nice.

So what will Tanizaki's next gamble be once this one fails? Perhaps the one he would have employed after losing everything in the Great Freeze. Personally I suspect that in that timeline he made another grab at godhood, resulting in him becoming Wiseman but that is just me.

Either way it will be a hell of a fight.

-_-Me-_-
PikaMew1288 chapter 12 . 5/29
As a last resort, they could drop the Daimon's in the spring of drowned Boy/Girl if they don't find a cure.
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 15 . 5/29
When smart people make mistakes they make huge world-shaking ones. Tanizaki must be a super-genius.

Also... did they bring about the Great Freeze to stop the Wyrmspawn from going one-monster exterminatus on the whole planet?
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 15 . 5/28
Sweet lord, he's unleashing something straight out of nightmares while an eldritch horror of Lovecraftian wet dreams is forming strength underneath all their radars. Things are about to get rough.
Fallyna chapter 15 . 5/28
It's nice to have a change of pace from the frantic action of previous chapters, which this chapter delivers. A dash of humour as well, with Minaxa as the quintessential Minako!

Melinoe was intimidating when you introduced her, but as time went by I started seeing her as more of a caring sister, who was probably a sweet girl under her tough exterior. That went right out the window with this chapter, as the scene of her licking her lips as she savoured Ranma's fear was completely terrifying. That's when I finally realised that a possible future where humanity lived as slaves to Youma under a victorious Queen Beryl would actually be a BETTER option than one where Melinoe broke free of her chains - which helps to explain Helios' concerns. Melinoe now scares me more than every other adversary combined, because her reach is almost unlimited. :)

Much like the previous parts, this segment is gathering momentum as it moves towards an action (and detail) packed finish. There's so many possible outcomes that I can't predict the ending, which is always good to see.
And just like that the ... many sided battle for the world started...
Dareth chapter 15 . 5/27
And another excellent chapter. I've only discovered this masterpiece a couple of years ago. But I've re-read it at least twice now. An excellent story!
Bookeater-otaku chapter 15 . 5/26
Nice foreboding in this chapter. You use all characters at your disposition to their fullest.

The only thing I don't really like is the Ryoga/Hotaru, I just don't see it. Hotaru having a crush on him, ok, you have built this story with this in mind. But him liking her back like that?. I think I am still rooting for Ryoga/Beneda as a better option for this story.
Section Z chapter 15 . 5/26
Thanks for coming back to this wonderful story. Particularly proper Ranma grade Revolver Ocelot romantic plotting being something nobody can escape regardless of the apocalyptic circumstances.

Hopefully everything goes well for you in your lives as well.
AYH chapter 1 . 5/25
Going to bet that Genma's 'Way of the Loud/Silent Thief' will paly a part. Especially the technique that hides your presence from your opponent.
Riniko22 chapter 15 . 5/24
Thank you for the chapter and the story. I kept thinking that there was something that Melinoe could do to help her little brother that she didn't seem to do, she could have made those still loyal to Tanizaki have dreams of the worst type. As to Genma, somehow I don't think he will stay away, I expect he will return and die leading the Wyrmspawn into the tank and Ryouga will be throwing himself into the fight like he has nothing to live for but dying to save Hotaru.
i figured out how the paradox is resolved as well as save zero clone, the silver crystal is mysticly cut so there are three pieces of it, explains why there are two in the future
mountainelements chapter 15 . 5/23
I like how people are really taking action to support the Sailor Senshi here. The scene where Minako and Beneda found out what the youma are up to was pretty great too.

While I enjoyed reading this chapter, it feels like there's going to be more pacing issues. When will the youma put their plan into action, considering that a major battle is about to happen, probably to be followed by more battles? How will Ryouga and Sailor Saturn work out their relationship when it feels like the story is coming to a close? I'm probably wrong about that, but the Wyrmspawn seems like a major opponent. Thanks for the update!