Reviews for The Dark Lords Ascendant
Scarmagista chapter 9 . 6/23/2014
wow, now that Urawa's misinformation is starting to take effect tragic misunderstandings are completely non-existant on the senshi/dark lord's parts, and the baddies plans are unravelling at the seams. This just goes to show precicely how freaking scary a genuine precog can be.
AYH chapter 9 . 6/23/2014
So I notice the mind control spell is over Ranma's mortal 'form'. What happens when he's hit with cold water and that form changes?

Love the story and can't wait for the next chapter!
Guest chapter 9 . 6/23/2014
love this story love everything about it
sandcrawlr chapter 9 . 6/22/2014
Great chapter. Keep up the writing! The whole possession thing was a great twist.
Author Roy chapter 9 . 6/22/2014
I definitely enjoyed this. Glad to see you're still going. Keep up the good work!
TrisakAminawn chapter 9 . 6/21/2014
Love this series way more than someone who never watched Sailor Moon and only ever sort of liked Ranma should. There are no words adequate to express my relief about Ami figuring out the trick. Worried about Ranma. Looking forward to the monster uprising.
Trashcat chapter 9 . 6/21/2014
Last two chapters have been great. I know it's kind of the theme of the story, but with the 'random bad luck' bit constantly halting reconciliation and prolonging the conflict, it's very satisfying seeing that applied to the bad guys for a change. No plan is ever guaranteed to survive the confrontation, so no reason why the good guys shouldn't be the beneficiary of this from time to time.
Andrew MacKenzie chapter 9 . 6/21/2014
The best plans of mice, men and evil villains... Well done once again!
Heaven Canceler chapter 9 . 6/21/2014
He went after Ami? The freaking most intelligent of the Sailor Senshi? The tech-genius and tactician who makes all the plans for them? Of course they would go by combat potential, but seriously you don't go an underestimate the smartest member of the Crew. You go for the one that has both the least power and Overall Looks like the she would be easy to trick. Though they likely didn't have the knowledge for it and maybe I am just influenced by stuff like Dungeon Keeper Ami.

That Girl is scary when she gets serious, I can tell you.
DaGunth chapter 9 . 6/20/2014
MARVELOUS. I can safely say I've never looked forward to a story updating as much as I look forward to this one. This chapter filled me with the warm and fuzzies.
J. Palmgren chapter 1 . 6/20/2014
*hums inspector gadget theme*

Go Go Sudden Bullshit Mind Control!
shademaster chapter 1 . 6/20/2014
Loved what you did with hutaro and ryouga. (no not the romance stuff as I don't care that much about pairings)

makeing all ryouga's poves shonnen, being noble, protecting the girl, doing what's right.
And with hutaro it's all shojo, love and forbidden relationship

It's fun to see how one event can work in both genres
Gibelyou chapter 9 . 6/20/2014
I like how you gave Ryoga combat effectiveness with the piglet firm. The giant ki mirage is a good way to go about it. Now I just have to wait until the realization that Hotaru thinks he is in love with her.
Nice and embarrassing, just as it should be.

I really like the idea of the army if the dark kingdom being saved by one of the architects of its fall. Do they remember what Ranma did to their army? How will they react?
For that matter will Ranma be himself. The weakening of the control spell might be enough to let him fight it, after all Ranma Saotome doesn't lose.
Great chapter, as alway you leave me wanting more. See you next time!
Maximara chapter 9 . 6/20/2014
Ok things are getting really confusing as what was Tanizaki doing in the "original" timeline that neither Chubi-Usa nor 30th century Pluto knew of his antics? How was he neutralized so that Sailor Galaxia was the "last" threat?
DarkJackel chapter 9 . 6/20/2014
So how long does Ekim's control over Ranma last? Given their plans to spread distrust they might not have needed a ritual that could be repeated (killing Mrs. Mizuno would kill all goodwill). That said it might well have the option. Also one must wonder if there is any duration limits? Either way now that the Senshi are on to them it is a matter of time before they contact the NWC and hash things out.

That said Ekim might try a desperation ploy, buoyed by the false reports of Ryo causing him to make mistakes. He might try to kill one of the NWC and make it look like the Senshi did it or try and attack the Outers to cause a split in the ranks. Either way his efforts should come to naught, though maybe distract him from the NWC liberating the Dark Kingdom.

So Saturn has fallen. Good.

Personally this seems like a good time to begin dropping hints that Ryoga might not be an extradimensional warlord. This is his family home and it just took a good deal of damage. He's going to want to fix that quickly, which, after he brings Hotaru and Dr. Tomoe up on the Jusenkyo curse (and probably his bad sense of direction), might give them some time to wander. Given this is a family home there should be one or two pictures of Ryoga as a kid and/or of the family. This should put some doubts about what they know of the Dark Lords.

The explanation of the "Dark Lords" being a headfake at the Dark Kingdom and that the ritual Luna overheard being a wedding should be saved for when the full party of Senshi are in attendance. The reactions to learning the other side of the story should be funny and especially the Outer's assessment of Ranma's tactics and resources. This could be achieved by them eventually getting in contact with the Senshi and learning of the possessed Ranma with the intention of sending full force to hunt down and save the possessed martial artist.

Actually if the hunt for the possessed Ranma and the attack on the Dark Kingdom go off together that could lead to a nice and dramatic moment where The two forces run into each other and Ekim gets to see exactly how much everything just blew up in their faces right as he gets purified.

Good work. So far the pacing has been good and the villains have provided a challenge worthy of the powers confronting them.

-_-Me-_-