Reviews for The Dark Lords Ascendant
anon chapter 11 . 5/8/2015
Thank you for updating! I've been waiting for forever...I just wish that the next update would be faster than this, hoping that you have a general idea for the next chapter.

I agree with the other reviews. If one of the Nerima's Wrecking Crew got another crazy idea or plan up her sleeve, then I'll expect it to hurdle into everyone in its path without any mercy at all and tangles the fates and destinies of all the characters like some kind of clustered yarn of string until it turns messy and disorganized and clustered and most of all CHAOTIC, making the logical side of things in the actual presumed plan illogical and almost unrecognizable beyond belief. Oh, what joy, what fun...
LordOfTheAndain chapter 11 . 5/7/2015
Great work as always, and well worth waiting for. Things are starting to come together, but knowing you I expect the end isn't quite within sight yet. If nothing else, the whole Melinoe thing needs time to develop properly, especially since they can only meet her at night (well, while sleeping), and I refuse to believe you would put it in without a plan - and a good plan, at that - for how to resolve it.

Finally some much needed explanations and reconciliations, even if they are interspersed with Neriman chaos (like DarkJackel, I do hope we get a flashback to the scene where Ranma gets out of the neko-ken). Significant scenes with Ukyou and with Shampoo; hopefully they can find some sort of resolution to their life situations before the end (and hopefully not in the form of heroic and/or tragic death). Nice to get a bit more of Mousse's background story, and also the way you tied in the Great Freeze with your plot. And then there's Ryouga/Hotaru... Very well handled, in my humble opinion. I'm only missing one thing: when he berates himself for considering the possibility and expects her to find him creepy, he really ought to have mentioned the difference in ages. You've said she's not yet sixteen (a year and a half older than Chibi-Usa's almost fourteen), and since she's three years younger than Usagi, who has to be at least two years younger than Ryouga (if he was still sixteen in the first story), he has to be at least twenty. In a few years, that wouldn't matter much, and in truth it doesn't necessarily have to do so now either (considering her life, she's had to grow up rather quickly) - but he wouldn't know that, and it would be prime fuel for his self-loathing and depression. Then again, maybe that little bomb should be kept for later - say after their first kiss, so he can accuse himself of forcing himself on her... ;)

Well, as always, keep up the good work! Hopefully the next chapter is easier to get right. :)
MilandaAnza chapter 11 . 5/6/2015
Sooo happy to see this updated, now to froth at the mouth for the next chapter 3
Jfmam chapter 10 . 5/6/2015
I've been meaning to review this chapter since just after it came out. I'm sorry I took so long!

This was a great chapter. Things are really moving along now, I think we've almost reached the climax of the story. The writing is as good as ever, the characters (as far as I can tell) all sound right and the plot is enthralling.
The scene between Helios and Melinoe was interesting. I must confess, my knowledge of Sailor Moon characters is rather patchy even now; is she from the Manga/Anime, or did you create her? Either way, her appearance now is ominous. I can't help but feel she may be important later, but then, as I said before, I think we're reaching the climax of the story, so I don't know if she'll be able to fit into the story now. Regardless, I trust that whatever you've planned, it will be good. You haven't failed yet.

Thanks again for writing this amazing story, and especially for keeping it up for so long. It would be terribly sad if you didn't finish (no pressure!)
I'll be reading the next chapter real soon; I can hardly wait!
Andrew MacKenzie chapter 11 . 5/4/2015
Excellent chapter, look forward for the crazy rescue plan next chapter
Guest chapter 6 . 5/4/2015
I liked the first story, and the interlude, but this one has escalated into a tragedy of errors with characters so horribly irrational and misguided I can't continue reading it any longer, not to mention the villain who probably eats live women while torturing their babies to death in front of them, it's possible that the story pulls itself back together but I find that I cannot read on
sandcrawlr chapter 11 . 5/4/2015
Amazing update. People actually talking things out with logical explainations? Absurd! :) great to catch this. Made my night. Keep up the writing!
shugokage chapter 11 . 5/3/2015
Cool chapter nice scenes!
BeanCounter34 chapter 11 . 5/2/2015
Loved the update and all I can say is I want more. I like what you have done with Mousse and can't wait to see his story played out. Ryouga being my favorite, I can't wait to see what happens with him either. Thank you for your hard work and hope you are getting lots of support from fans.
DarkJackel chapter 11 . 5/2/2015
Man what a cliffhanger. Hopefully this plan of Benda's works flawlessly... or at least effectively. After all her plans were crazy before she began hanging around the NWC. Perhaps if Ami gives Konatsu a device to allow Konatsu to signal them from the Dark Knigdom.

With luck Dr. Metzinger is going to the Dark Kingdom to conduct a final study and execution, since bringing him to the tower would be seen as a risk of NWC/Senshi interference. Also since it sounds like they are going to be waging a campaign against Tanizaki instead of a swift final battle getting to question him would be invaluable. Or Ami might get a little payback for the past three years.

Of course it might be just as productive to see if Helios' sister would mind "playing" with the enemy a little. After all the Tanikazi group has done letting a supernatural beast psychicly torture them is hardly unfair.

Dr. Tomoe pulling out some mad scientist on Ryoga was great. Also if he knew how much he had just helped his daughter along... Hopefully this presages good things for the damions. In a sense it could tie in to his discussion with the other parents. After all now he can give his daughter an army to back her up.

The explanations were good on all sides. That said Ranma slipping into the Neko-Ken getting resolved off screen seemed a little odd. Also it might be nice to get Artimes and Luna's reactions to learning the reason for their targeting. One can only imagine that they regret missing a rare chance to materially contribute in a fight.

Might be fun to see some of the other interactions, possibly as asides during the team's assualt on the Dark Kingdom, until/unless Ami calls them in to form a second wave. One thing of interest would be Makoto and Minako's reactions to the whole affair. We really haven't seen too much of them.

-_-Me-_-
Guest chapter 11 . 5/2/2015
The Nerima girls still seem to be primarily defined by whether or not they'll be marrying Ranma. Given how long this series of stories has been, that's kind of a problem. Of course, several of the Senshi are still mostly defined by being Senshi, so it might just be due to the difficulties of keeping track of such a large cast. However, the story's still a lot of fun overall. Thanks for the new chapter.
Pizzigri chapter 11 . 5/2/2015
Claymade,
You have no idea how much have I waited for this update. Hope you will post next chapter sooner!
And... Amazing. I just love this story and AU.
Anonymous Void chapter 11 . 5/2/2015
Nice calm before the storm chapter here. The Sailor Senshi have been given a proper introduction both to the Ranma crew and the chaos that is their daily lives. The Mercury POV was entertaining in that aspect. Probably the only one who really emphasizes with her is Pluto; both of them seemed to be people with a need for order.

I'm starting dread that word: idea. Ranma's got a bunch of them, Beneda's got one, and rarely do they go as planned. For some reason, why am I thinking that Beneda's idea is going to turn out to be comical despite the seriousness of the situation. If her cursed form is involved...well, I do believe I can be surprised with whatever you come up with.

On another note, the name of the Dark Lords is being spread around again. What are the odds that the denizens of the Dark Kingdom offer our two favorite Dark Lords rulership if they succeed? Will Ryouga and Ranma become the Dark Kingdom version of Romulus and Remes if that comes to pass? An entertaining thought but who knows what you plan to do with this. Always makes reading each chapter worth it no matter how long it takes between updates.
S0ulEat3R-333 chapter 11 . 5/2/2015
Hooo Boy, Another excellent chapter bites the dust.
I forgot to mention this earlier, but I really like this Tanizaki's character. Cool, calm and ever composed, a man who's got a clear goal in his mind and the plans to reach there, with the intellect and power to follow-through on his ambitions. The kinda guy that I usually like to cheer for...
Well anyway, I read your latest update with both joy and dread as I get my highly-awaited dose of your great story-telling and lament it's dawning conclusion... but until we get there, let's just enjoy the journey to it's fullest.
Ah, and I have a sense of what's about to come next, and since most of my previous guesses were right, (excepting that no one important died) I both fear and gleefully await it. So I'll hope for your good health the coming days, Claymade, and I hope I'll still be here to enjoy your story to it's conclusion.
Keep up the excellent work! :)
Sage of Wind Dragons chapter 11 . 5/2/2015
welp. nice to see you again. and such tricky messes! I still havent REALLY seen either of these shows besides simple osmosis things but... what fun!

serisouly loving the plot even if I do ahve to say the person taht intrests me the msot is a certin Fowl guy.

I mean ALSO really curious about the lost boy and Ramma and hell ALL of them tied in together yet... well.
nicely done! and playing with the BIG PLAYERS that ARNT freaking reckless depossed king from no where...
and put in that term CHAOS not evil is... something that quite frankly was very well done indeed.
i only knew a bit about it here or there in regards to the chaos at the end of dammed if you do dammed if you dont but THAT right there... nicely done.

and hey reunions! I am well aware of the curious sart a plot thread of maby something started and then abrubtly pull out... so nice to see where your going with it.
844 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »