Reviews for The Dark Lords Ascendant
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 13 . 4/7/2016
- And they are right. No plan survives the mess that seems to follow Ranma. Why even Ranma side's own plan seems to have started crumbling the moment they placed Uranus and of course there's Ranma effect to consider. People usually go out of their way to either get away from him or try and pay him back for the humiliation he made them suffer through, regardless of logic, plan, common sense and other such petty concerns.

- Well... there /is/ a possibility that Sailor Uranus's parents/grandparents might have already made her Ranma's fiance over a bowl of rice, a dried fish and some pickles or something equally as trivial.

I would have said monsters are barking at the wrong tree but Ranma's the sort who kinda... players from both teams might go after.

- Maybe (hopefully) Mousse is wearing an armor?

- What Mars did with that flame of hers was... unexpected (and I suspect even for her). Makes me wonder what other unexpected abilities the avatars of planets have that not even they are aware of.

- Poor Unit Zero. Though considering there's no male Unit Zero around in the future to take control of things I think Tanizaki has overestimated himself.

- My dear Vakeri... this is called Ranma effect. One just has to go along with the flow and don't think too hard, lest they go mad.

- Cliffhanger!
Selias chapter 13 . 4/7/2016
Wow. A cliffhanger. I haven't seen one of THOSE before.
Xetsura chapter 13 . 4/7/2016
*Sees Notification for New Chapter*
*Heavy Breathing Initiated*
*Finishes the Chapter*
*Heavy Breathing Intensifies*

I like this story. I really like this story... BUT THESE CLIFFHANGERS MAN! XD
Artful Lounger chapter 13 . 4/6/2016
Okay, this was brilliant. Well worth the wait. Particularly the truth behind Unit Zero. And the image of Tanizaki fighting whilst stroking a cat like a Bond villain is hilarious. Well done.
Scarmagista chapter 13 . 4/6/2016
wait... if the wyrmspawn isn't unit 00, and it's being held in stasis in the middle of a building under siege and has it's computer systems compromised, is it going to wake up on top of all of this?
Fallyna chapter 13 . 4/6/2016
Another amazing chapter and well worth the wait. The end is in sight though, which is a bad thing when you're this in vested in a story.

Tanizaki stroking the cat was an excellent cameo to Blofeld in the Bond films, but it must have been heavily tranquillised to put up with being carried through that much chaos. As a cat person I hated to see it die, as I was hoping that Ami would trigger the sprinklers to wake it up and try to even the odds. The loss of Shampoo-neko as a fighter could have been balanced by the loss of Tanizaki's passive defence - and Ranma's best tactic against Tanizaki is speed, where his female form excels. It's certainly the most important factor in this fight.
Nosy John chapter 13 . 4/6/2016
Tanizaki is the "Plan within Plan" type of villain but... much like Ekim and the Senshi themselves he might have underestimated "those who do not abandon everything to push past their limits".

I once read this story when a brainwashed candidate was meant to take control of a certain magical jewel in order to open the way for the enemy invasion. Though much to the heroes fear in the end the jewel's own power was the greatest foil.
Hirushoten chapter 13 . 4/6/2016
Amazing chapter! Tanizaki continues to be an incredibly competent evil dick. I was actually expecting for Mousse to be expecting Zhang to try to provoke him and thus be prepared for it but I guess being overly emotional has always been one of Mousse's flaws. Things are really starting to escalate! Looking forward to what happens next.
Derekloffin chapter 13 . 4/6/2016
I am quite impressed with the way you're handling Shampoo, Ranma and Akane. It so frequent for authors to want to demonize in order to indirectly justify a couple. Even worse, when it is Ranma and Akane, they have this TERRIBLE habit of making them act totally self centered. You have so far successfully dodged those traps from what I've seen.
Jerry Unipeg chapter 13 . 4/6/2016
Great battles. I feel sorry for the clone, having all those memories enter her mind past and percent all at once. For the first time in her short life know god and evil.
Compucles chapter 13 . 4/6/2016
Yet another excellent chapter. Although, I do have to wonder why Ranma didn't slip into the Cat Fist with that much exposure or why Tanizaki didn't consider the possibility of his cat strategy backfiring in that way.
Finwee Lord of Long Winds chapter 13 . 4/6/2016
I think that this chapter was worth the wait. I feel quite conflicted over the outcome of the battle between the two sailor moons.
Death of Snipers chapter 13 . 4/6/2016
Ok, on the one hand, that we got a new update is amazing, and your writing is awesome as always. On the other, I know I'll have to wait MONTHS to get the resolution to that fucking cliffhanger!

I feel like the result will be sailor moon fusing with her clone to solve the issue. Just a hunch.

No cat fist? And speaking of, how has ranma not found a way to control and use the neko Ken in all these years post-manga?
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 13 . 4/6/2016
Oh man! Such horror for the groups now!
Feldoran chapter 13 . 4/6/2016
Another fantastic chapter with an agonizing cliffhanger! All the fights here were fantastically written and were easy to imagine. And for the first time I find myself truly invested in this series vilains. I don't know if I will survive the wait for the next chapter with how amazing this was.
1,025 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 .. Last Next »