Reviews for The Dark Lords Ascendant
WanderingStarmaster chapter 10 . 11/11/2014
As Kasumi would say, oh my! Begin Act II?

So we now have new pieces on the board, the NWC and Senshi have finally sorted themselves out, and can unit against their common enemy, who now has nothing to hold him back. Why do I feel this is a last Ray of sunshine before a very black storm?

Have I ever mentioned how epic your writing is? Those action scenes are incredible. And you still manage to find little humorous tidbits to throw in. Nice to catch that brick from the clinic.

Keep it up.
sirensoundwave chapter 10 . 11/11/2014
Hey! An accord is reached!

After ten chapters, everyone's identity unravels spectacularly, half the senshi and Ran-chan get knocked silly and the bad guys show they mean business. Yup, that old "May you live in interesting times" curse is really ridin these guys HARD.

Update soon!
CoreDumpError chapter 10 . 11/10/2014
I love it! This chapter was super intense, and it's sooooo satisfying to finally see the misunderstanding corrected, and the Senshi and Ranma parties no longer enemies.

The time for Tanizaki's big play is finally upon us, though... and I'm not sure which way the wind will blow, especially with Melinoe to consider...
DarkJackel chapter 10 . 11/10/2014
Nice way of handling the fight with Ekim. Makes one wonder about the monster he serves. Additionally what would be the side-effects of purification on him. It also gives a good reason for the Senshi and Wrecking Crew to fight together. Usagi showed some creative thinking in trying to use a possible curse against him. The two of them having exchange after the battle was nice too.

Ranma reminding Ami of the time she visited the clinic was a fine touch. It brilliantly sets up a possible pow wow (possibly at the clinic or other secure location) where the NWC tells their story. Hopefully, in the name of security, the Senshi's parents will be there to serve as a Greek choir. Especially when the Senshi are too gobsmacked by the truth to speak.

Having already heard it once maybe the Outers can get in some comments.

While Tanizaki and Metzger might be suspecting an immediate attack it would also be nice to see them piece-up an alliance and lay out some plans. Part of that would be keeping things safe while their heavy-hitters recover their strength. Hopefully Mercury had her computer scan Moon while she was being drained. With that she, Cologne and maybe Tofu and/or a Youma or two could devise some way to limit the drain, or even counteract it to spur Tanizaki to unleashing the beast.

During the recovery they might be able to deal with Tanizaki's assassin. Then comes the Dark Kingdom situation. Also how will he react to his test mercs going on a rampage?

Nice chapter, looking forward to the next. Thanks for the work.

-_-Me-_-

-_-Me-_-
Andrew MacKenzie chapter 10 . 11/10/2014
Excellent chapter, I feel the end of the story arc coming soon.
Guest chapter 10 . 11/10/2014
Good chapter, it's nice to see things finally settle between the nerima group and the senshi. Also love the language used when describing just what forces are at play it's sort of funny to think of senshi stuff on those terms.
The Dread One chapter 10 . 11/10/2014
Its always the highlight of my week whenever this gets updated. Words can't really describe how much I love this saga. Out of a decade and a half of reading fanfiction , out of the hundreds or more fics I've read. This is definitely in my top three. Keep up the great work.
Kriss1989 chapter 10 . 11/10/2014
Ah Ryoga, only you would justify a plan with "we've done stupider plans before, so why not?"
MangamanZX chapter 10 . 11/10/2014
Great chapter, Ranma turining into a girl has never been so convinient :)
psychicshipping chapter 10 . 11/10/2014
Things actually going Ranma and co.'s way for once? BLASPHEMY! There must be some horrendous disaster incoming to balance the karmic scales! EVERYONE, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!
pizzigri chapter 10 . 11/10/2014
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! You do update once every odd year or so, but when you do... This is possibly my favourite story so far. Thank you.
Compucles chapter 10 . 11/10/2014
Pluto's and Mercury's reactions to the chaos of Nerima is priceless. I can't imagine the reactions that Moon, Mercury, Mars, Tuxedo Mask, and Luna will have when they find out just how badly they were played in the original confrontation or how much help they actually had in the final battle against the Dark Kingdom. Heck, just telling them Ryo is still alive and that Konatsu is really a guy will throw them for a loop.

Hotaru's crush on Ryoga is rather sweet. Hopefully Ryoga will eventually be able to reciprocate her feelings. Now if only Minako and Makoto could find guys of their own...well, I have seen one story that paired up Makoto and Mousse, but who knows except you?

It's nice to see the two groups finally working together and clearing up their misunderstandings. They make a very impressive combined force when they work together, and I don't just mean their combat abilities. Tanizaki may think he still has the upper hand now that Unit Zero is complete, but let's how he deals with the combined forces of both factions as well as a full-blown youma rebellion...
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 10 . 11/9/2014
At last Ami can finally realize is not a shifty looking baldie who acts crazy (and yes, in the middle of everything that's going on this is the only thing I cared about!)

So... Ranma is probably in need of some magical therapy when he transforms back into his boy-form due to Ekim's screw up. And fortunately for the creep's continued(if short-lived) existence Tanizaki had taken what he wanted out of the "Distraction" so the Sorcerer wouldn't be punished for his continued failures.

On the other hand maybe getting killed by a merciless bastard is perhaps better than whatever Ranma is planning on unleashing on him.
Dragish chapter 10 . 11/9/2014
This chapter was awesome.

I am glad that the Senshi and the NWC where finally able to actualy communicate with each other effectively and pretty much figured out where they stand.

The fight scene has got to be one of the best ones I have read in ages. You had me sittting on my chair with worry and anticipation. The build up to Shampoo's entrance almost made me stop reading for a bit because I wouldn't be able to stomach the loss.

Even with all the action in this chapter the humor still sneaks in. I especially loved Usagi no selling Ranma's curse. And of course the Outers are late.

I got to wonder what is Unit Zero beyond the fact that apparently is a counter to Usagi. I hope it can live up to build up we have seen.

When this story started I shipped Ryoga/Beneda. But with the fallout of this chapter I am so seeing Ryoga/Hotura and it is adorable.
Feldoran chapter 10 . 11/9/2014
Woo! This story always makes my day whenever it updates. And I have to say I both surprised and unbelievably happy that Ranma wasn't made to kill anyone. I honestly can't wait to see what happens next.

It's also rather comical to see the misunderstandings all wrapping themselves up so quickly, I half expected something to muck up the entire situation.

Thanks for the fantastic chapter and I eagerly await whatever may come next.
842 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 .. Last Next »