Reviews for The Dark Lords Ascendant
erikalikesfire chapter 7 . 10/11/2013
Solid chapter. My favorite part was Chibi's conviction that Ryoga was "madly, /passionately/ in love." That part really had my grinning and laughing out loud.

One minor edit: at one point Ranma thinks that Kazuo doesn't "miss a beat" (doesn't pause). I think you meant to say Kazuo doesn't miss a thing (is observant).
dongaro chapter 7 . 10/11/2013
yay. so very much yay. I'm greatful for this update. And a Ryouga Hotaru romance sounds very very nice. Well then again this is Ranma 1/2... so maybe I'm just too hopeful. Still very enjoyable and I'm liking the new villains, and the references to the earlier villains. SO much win in this fic. Thank you for the update.
sirensoundwave chapter 7 . 10/11/2013
Wow...that cant end well. Cant wait to see the train wreck n_n
psychicshipping chapter 7 . 10/11/2013
What have we learned today?

1.) Chibi Usa reads too much trashy romance [wonder where she gets that from...]

2.) Our bad guy has made a deal with the Devil of the week.

3.) Hotaru might be the only one with both brains and common sense on the whole team.

4.) Immortal wyrm-things are immortal. But everything has a weakness...

5.) Once again, coincidence has conspired to make Ranma look like the bad guy. Poor, dumb, Ranma...
Tailsmo4ever chapter 7 . 10/11/2013
Oh man, this story is getting more and more intense as that chapters goes by. It's like a game of chess told in story format, and i don't even know how to play the game. Ranma has finally figured out Kazuo's plan and now he and the Wreaking Crew need to get more dirt to keep Unit Zero from striking again. Unfortunately, the Senshi now know that they WC knows where Usagi live and the Outer Senshi are planning an assault on the Tendo Dojo, and in an even odder twist of fate Chibi-Usa thinks Ryoga is in love with Hotaru, which is far from the truth considering Ryoga's resent bad luck with romance. But it seems like Ranma and the gang will be gaining some unlikely allies. Well, let's see what happens.
alanek2002 chapter 6 . 10/8/2013
I just would like to say wow. My favorites list is more of a "read list", but even if it was more exclusive, all of these would be on it!
Hunter Smith chapter 1 . 10/7/2013
I just found out about this sequel of the dark lords and I can't wait to see how it goes. If it is anything like your previous work the I can't wait to start reading it.
random reader chapter 6 . 9/6/2013
i don't even like sailor moon (the anime/manga) but you certainly make things very interesting and fun to read. my only gripe is that there isn't more to read.
antvasima chapter 6 . 9/2/2013
As usual you (and Dark Titans) set the standard for how to write a great, enjoyable, in-character Ranma story. I hope that the two crews can set aside their differences against the real threat. Keep up the good work. :)
Meko Ka-liko chapter 6 . 8/27/2013
Awesome man!

Oh I think you would want to see what this author posted because it concerns all authors on Fanfiction.

AZFAERYDUST

Alright everyone I had to break it to do you but this is not an offical chapter. What this however is an important annoucement. Ever heard of SOPA? Well guess what it's back again. Ya, I thought it was dealt with last year as well. Guess I was wrong. Well looks like we get to stomp it down again. Now I'm normally not the type of person to get actively involved with polticts or do anything that risks my fanfiction account, but I'd rather risk my fanfiction account then serve federal time. Yep you heard me right, if SOPA passes me and the rest of the writers on here could potentially face federal time. That's not all, if you use any similiar concepts to say Harry Potter or any other already published book and post it online, guess what. You could be potentially serving jail time as well. Now if your not screaming what the hell already, then do it now my reader.

Now the only way I can think of to fight this is to sign a petition, I'll be posting the link at the end of my ranting. Now before you go on thinking oh it's not that big of a deal, imagine this: eight yearold children facing federal time just because they wrote a few one shots or a story or two. Yea that's right it doesn't matter what age you are, if this thing passes were all screwed. So join with me my readers, we must stop this outrage. We must remind the government that they are for the people, not just the rich ones! Do not let SOPA pass or it will be the end of FANFICTION. We cannot let this happen!

This is the link, simply remove the spaces to go to link. Also I will be posting the link on my profile for further information.

petitions . whitehouse . gov / petition / stop-sopa -2013 /LMzMVrQF

or just go to

petitions . whitehouse . gov and then search petitions. Search sopa then click STOP SOPA 2013.

Remember people the fate of most fanfiction writers lies on you!*
Hat O' Doom chapter 6 . 8/24/2013
Excellent chapter. I don't have any constructive criticism just thanks that you are providing me with great entertainment. I like what you are doing with the villains so far. They seem more real now that you have expanded on them and the tie between Mousse and Zhang is intriguing. What is the inspiration for that organization? Also, poor Ryouga. His body is always getting thrashed.
benign intent chapter 6 . 8/15/2013
Even when I should suspect by now... This is brilliant writing, and it's wonderful to come by every so often to an update. I'm logged in (for once), and though I'm not sure quite what to say now (Noooo! you were so close, Ranma!) , you should know that I really love this series of stories!
Maximara chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
The Doom Phantom's comment reflects something weird about Sailor Moon. He is supposedly an agent of Chaos but life itself is chaotic so why is he and all these agents of chaos out to kill everybody?

If anything he comes off more like the Auditors of the Diskworld, agents of ORDER, who if they could would kill every living thing because life by its very nature is disorderly...especially intelligent life.

More over the anime indicates Chaos (and therefore its agents) are a product of human minds/hearts:

Sailor Galaxia: Is Chaos gone?
Sailor Moon: I think it went back to where it belongs.
Sailor Galaxia: Where it belongs?
Sailor Moon: Yes, back to people's minds (or hearts).

But if Chaos (and therefore the Doom Phantom) are the product of people's minds (or hearts) then if everyone was dead wouldn't THEY stop existing as well? Suicide by proxi?

On a side note I have to wonder if Doom Phantom is partly based on the DC villain the Time Trapper who may be based on an even earlier character form the pulp era:

While the "The Time Trapper" first appeared in in Adventure Comics #317 (February 1964) in a story written by Edmond Hamilton, a similar character named "The Time Master" had appeared earlier in Wonder Woman #101 (October 1958) in a story written by Robert Kanigher. In Super Friends #17 (February 1979), writer E. Nelson Bridwell wrote a story that hinted that the two characters were one and the same.

Now "In the World's Dusk" (Weird Tales 1936) by Edmond Hamilton had a character called Galos Gann who is the last living human being-a withered figure, cloaked entirely in robes, who sits brooding in a towering hall in the desert wastelands of the Earth in the distant future.

"Gann uses his super-scientific knowledge to try to revive the human race, only to be thwarted at every turn: he returns the dead to life, only to find that they cannot propagate, and pulls men and women from the distant past to act as breeding stock, a process that drives them hopelessly insane. One of his resurrected subjects describes Gann's struggle against entropy:

The dead man said hollowly, "You strive against the inevitable like a child breaking his hands against a door of marble. It is the law of the universe that everything which exists must come some day to an end. Planets wither and die and fall back into their parent suns, and suns strike one against the other and are transformed into nebulae, and the nebulae last not but in turn condense into other suns and worlds that in their own turn must die.

How shall you hope amid this universal law of death to keep the race of man forever living? We have lived a fair life for many million million years, we have struggled and won and lost, have laughed in the sunlight and dreamed under the stars, have played our part in the mighty drama of eternity. Now it is time we pass to our appointed end."" (Wikipecia talk page on Time Trapper)

Now look at how the Time Trapper is described in LSH #50 (1988) pg 1-2 repeated 42-43 (which pre-dates Sailor Moon initial release by three years (1991)) and not the similarities to the Doom Phantom:

"All things have ended here, even those that never began. Dreams have crumbled to dust, and lives faded out of memory. In all the universe, it seems there only remaining energy enough to swirl the fragments of the past and abandon hope of the future... They called this the End of Time and pray it will not come in their lifetimes. They have called him by a 1000 names. He is Night, Death, Apocalypse, Eternity, Entropy, Time. **To all that live, all that moves, all that hope that tomorrow will dawn, he is the enemy.** This is his kingdom and its day has come."

Crystal Tokyo seems to have elements of both Galos Gann (Neo-Queen Serenity) and the Time Trapper (Wiseman). It is even more telling at the main battle starts in the 30th century...the main target of the Time Trapper during the Silver Age of comics.
Rowan Seven chapter 6 . 8/11/2013
SPOILERS!

Heh. So, Ryouga made it all the way to chapter 6 before being injured so badly that he needs professional medical attention. He didn't quite beat his record of chapter 12 in the first installment, but it's a better showing than his death in chapter 3 of the immediate prequel. Hopefully he's learned a few rapid recovery techniques in the intervening years since it seems he falls under "the hero must suffer!" convention. Great job describing his fight with Sailor Saturn, by the way. The battle was frenetic, tense, and full of action with both combatants putting in a strong showing. I was very impressed by how ably you were able to depict Saturn's cataclysmic power and convey a sense of high-speed destruction as she and Ryouga went at it. I also liked part where Ryouga got ready to fight the Outer Senshi three-on-one only to have Saturn send Uranus and Neptune away so she could hold back less. The odds only seemed against him, and then Saturn dialed things up to eleven.

The Nerima Wrecking Crew's battle against the Sailor Senshi was similarly captivating, and I was pleased to see the Senshi do so well and even come out ahead. I'm sure people can argue about power levels one way or another, but I liked what I saw here and it all seemed reasonable to me. Unlike Ranma's previous encounter with the Senshi, this time they were prepared and had an ace even they didn't know about, while Ranma entered the battle overconfident in his plan. The only criticism about the battle that comes to mind is that Konatsu seemed to disappear after his first exchange with Sailor Mars. Ranma, Akane, and Shampoo remained in focus and you threw in the occasional reference to Mousse and Kuno (Nice irony with Kuno rescuing Ranma, by the way), but I don't recall seeing any other mentions of Konatsu until they all fled the building. He may be a ninja, but I would still like to see what he's up to now and then.

This chapter also did a splendid job moving the plot forward. I hadn't made the connection before between Unit Zero and Usagi's stumble in chapter three and had expected Zhang to lead a more direct attack against the Senshi. What happened instead caught me by surprise and raises further questions about the resources Kazuo is calling upon. His self-confidence reminds me of Ranma at times, and now that Ranma's chaos factor has entered the scene I can't help but wonder if Kazuo's intricate plotting will go the way most of Ranma's schemes do. The Senshi beginning to get suspicious about why the "Dark Lords" always target the moon cats first was also a nice touch, and I'm very eager to see what their next move is going to be.

I'm also somewhat amused that Ryouga seems to have made a better impression than Ranma and that the Outer Senshi might now have a more positive opinion of the "Dark Lords" than the Inner Senshi. Ryouga didn't do more than restrain Uranus and Neptune despite having them at his mercy and saved Saturn's life, and I'm especially interested in seeing if you develop the dynamics between the latter and Ryouga further. Both Saturn and Ryouga are associated with destruction, so maybe a friendship can eventually spring from this. And then there's Zhang and Mousse's history, which appears to be building off the sword you introduced way back in the original story. I'm intrigued.

Anyway, many thanks for continuing to work on and publish this story, and you have my apologies for taking so long to write this review. Work and travel have kept me fairly busy recently. Good luck on the next chapter.
MaximilianShade chapter 6 . 8/1/2013
Ackpth! Everything went so horribly wrong! Curse Zhang and his associates! ... Excellent excellent stuff as always, and I can't wait to see where this goes. Please continue writing!
653 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 .. Last Next »