Reviews for The Dark Lords Ascendant
Wrath chapter 9 . 8/23/2014
GREAT! Love how the story going can not wait to read more. A
Dialga9182 chapter 9 . 8/22/2014
So you say you wouldn't cliffhanger us did you...
Well I have the most blueballed cliffy right now from chptr 9

Plz update soon
Dialga9182
Fellow Sufferer chapter 9 . 8/12/2014
Hey.

I must confess I've been putting off giving my opinion on this chapter, and mainly because I couldn't quite grasp as to why it seemed unsatisfactory, given your usual excellent writing. Large part of it is the frankly marginal amount of time it gave to Ranma (only to make him a puppet at the hands of a sorcerer in the end). But that couldn't have been all. So, only today I took the effort to analyze my moods, and here's what I discovered. I can't say for previous chapters, but let's take a look at the POVs of this one:

1. Hotaru
20. Ranma
21. Ekim
22. Ami
23. Ekim

Even for a 18 000-word chapter, I think it's a little excessive - the combination of switching POVs and the number of different characters from various factions involved.

Ever since the interlude, I've noticed your chapters growing longer. It doesn't much bother me (I can't stand chapters shorter than 5000 words, personally), but shorter chapters (within reason) and less POV switches afford for a more focused, streamlined storytelling. Usually you're very good with structuring, so perhaps it's just you relaxing your impossible standards for a bit; or maybe it's just me.

Either way, my two cents.
Timmy811 chapter 9 . 7/21/2014
Man, what a great update! I can't wait for the next.

It seems like the Senshi are finally starting to figure out what's going on.
ramze chapter 9 . 7/19/2014
awww yiss, Ryoga getting the girl. Can't wait for the next chapter, as always! You rock.
Radon088 chapter 9 . 7/16/2014
Really liking the Saturn/Ryoga thing you got going on. I foresee much fun to be had with that particular couple... Now don't go messing it up!

Doing a good job so far and I am quite entertained. The only niggle I have is that the possession ritual in this last chapter felt like a bit of an asspull. I mean if they can do something like that, what's to stop them from just exploiting the hell out of that to victory?
Deer Leisure chapter 9 . 7/13/2014
Read through all this series in the past few days. Good stuff, kept me reading.

The pacing is really good - the chapters and stories are lengthy, but the plot never feels like it meanders or pads. That's a great job right there. In addition, there's enough foreshadowing and plot hooks thrown in early on that makes it clear (or at least seem very convincingly) that you know full-well what's going to happen and makes it very entertaining to read and speculate.

My biggest complaint was, going into this sequel, that it was going to be a (perhaps modified) rehash of the first, with complications forcing the Senshi and Nerima crew to face off again. Going that route a second time seemed forced, but it looks like things are on track to keep that from happening.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing how this continues.
Meck Viking chapter 9 . 7/11/2014
and so the plans unravel and truths become into the light. this is getting very very good.
Rowan Seven chapter 9 . 7/6/2014
SPOILERS!

Thank you for supplying another excellent update to this story. A lot happened in this chapter and it seems the pace of events is picking up speed now that you've laid most of the pieces on the board. I particularly like what you're doing with the Dark Kingdom. It's interesting to think of a Catholic priest (or representative of any benevolent human religion, really) being among the youma and other monsters of the week seeking to reform them and teach them a better way to live. It also fits in nicely with Sailor Moon's themes of redemption, though I suspect there will be struggles ahead for the reformists. Still, these developments have a lot of potential, and I like how you're advancing all the world-building you did in the original story for the Dark Kingdom.

The Ryouga/Sailor Saturn plot was appreciably tense in this chapter and kept me guessing. Following the end of the previous chapter, I had assumed Ryouga would find hot water, return to his human form, and fight the mercenaries to rescue Hotaru and her father. Keeping him in piglet form and having him provide a distraction for Hotaru worked far better, though, especially since you had him fight Davidson later. Two Ryouga vs. mercenaries battles in the same chapter could have been redundant, and what you did here gave both Hotaru and Ryouga a chance to shine and better appreciate the other. I was a bit surprised to see Hotaru utterly vaporize the mercenaries since I'm not used to seeing or even thinking of the senshi taking human lives, but I can't really blame her after she watched them torture her father.

The battle of wits between Ami and Ekim was a real treat, and showing it from his perspective was a smart choice, in my opinion. The reader can see the cues and intimations he misses that could have clued him in that his facts were wrong and his bluff was failing. Ami's mother walking in on the confrontation is an interesting development, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the fallout (both good and bad) that follows. There's a lot of rich material to be mined in a parent finding out their son or daughter has a heroic alter ego they've been keeping secret, and the way things are going Ami's mother might not be the only family member and close friend in for a surprising revelation.

Anyway, I would say things are looking up for the protagonists now that both the Sailor Senshi and Nerima Wrecking Crew are focusing on Tanizaki, but there are still several misunderstandings (some serious, some comical) between them that won't be easy to clear-up without help, and Tanizaki still has plenty of resources to call upon and few reasons not to now that his cover has been blown. Nerima, amusingly enough, might be the safest place for everyone right now because the sheer number of unorthodox martial artists and natural chaos will likely produce hilarious effects if Tanizaki sends law enforcement or the JSDF after them.

At any rate, my only criticism of this chapter is that, as a few others have mentioned, Hotaru's father seemed to completely disappear during the battle at Ryouga's house. I understand why he wasn't involved in it, but a brief mention of where he was or what he was doing while Ryouga fought Davidson in the street might have been appropriate. At the very least, I'd expect him to rush over to his daughter once she was no longer directly threatened.

So, that aside, great job with this chapter. I really enjoyed the many developments and character work, and I'm looking forward to reading what happens next.
Bolo chapter 9 . 7/3/2014
Wow. I had lost track of this for a bit but was pleasantly surprised to come back to two new updates!
Once again the fights are great and the characters are them selves, a true wonder to read.
Hopefully that blast was enough to wake Ranma up.
Grizzmon chapter 9 . 7/3/2014
Oh, so now is the time when the big bad plans start to fail...
Sage of Wind Dragons chapter 9 . 7/1/2014
ok I am FINALLY caught up.
now I have only this to say this, DAMM FINE JOB. seriously, just... DAMM.
S0ulEat3R-333 chapter 9 . 6/30/2014
Ahh man, I wish I could say I called it, but what I said earlier was a bit too general for that.
Anyway, once again you have delivered, and magnificently as well. The splitting of the story into the different characters ongoing situations is very well done, in the way that the jump in perspectives don't really confuse me as I read.
Although I do feel that 's gonna go through one helluva let-down at the end.
But then, who knows?
And Ranma getting Mind-Controlled? Hooo boy, dis da $hi7 right dere man... He gonna unload a whole can a retribution filled whupass soon. (Hopefully)
Can't wait to see what the next chapter will bring!
Don't hurry if it'll hurt your writin!
The Dark Lord Duroth chapter 9 . 6/28/2014
Ooh, this is getting good. Two points on Ekim's spell here:

One- with Ekim's spell slightly degraded by Sailor Moon's Silver-Moon-Crystal-Whatever-Anti-Mind-Control-Thingie, Ranma will figure out what's going on and start to fight back.

Two- Ekim only had the DNA of Ranma's *male* form. Not his female one. Should Ranma end up in cold water, things might get even more interesting.

Also, I cannot wait to see how Ryouga and Sailor Saturn's awkward relationship works out. :)
mountainelements chapter 9 . 6/25/2014
Great chapter! I'm glad that Ryouga gained some fighting ability in his piglet form. Are the cursed forms not growing older though? Hotaru and Ryouga both realizing that the other was holding back before was excellent. I feel bad for Hotaru's misunderstanding. It feels like she's too young for Ryouga. Ami's realization of what was going on was well-done. Thanks for the update!
855 | « Prev Page 1 .. 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 .. Last Next »