Reviews for The Dark Lords Ascendant
Wandering Airhead chapter 7 . 10/31/2013
God, this story really is briallant.
And you are seriously cruel, like the first mess they gotten into was not enough:) I can't wait to read what happens next!
Archangel on the hill chapter 7 . 10/27/2013
I am loving these stories. These have been some of my favorite Sailor Moon/Ranma crossovers that I have ever read. That usage of Beneda has been great at humanizing the Senshi's opponents. Heck, given the Outer's blood-thirsty attitudes one can almost see Kazuo's point. The Senshi are basically a bunch of murderous vigilantes with no oversight whatsoever.

That being said, why are the Senshi so upset about Konatsu's attack during their meeting with Ranma? Are they truly so short-sight or stupid to not be able to see that all he did was attack their own person preparing to ambush Ranma? Also, I think that they are way to quick all just dismiss the huge fact that in every one of their encounters despite numerous opportunities to kill practically every one of the Senshi at one time or another they have never actually done it?

That being said, keep up the incredible work done on this universe and story.
DarkJackel chapter 7 . 10/23/2013
Okay good cool down from what happened last chapter. Some grammar issues though.

Hopefully Ranma and the boys will be gone by the time the Senshi attack, which could provide any number of benefits, or go horribly wrong if Akane stays behind. Alternatively Cornel Davidson and his boys might show up as well and cause a nice little mess to erupt. As for the trip to the Dark Kingdom, one can hope that it will result in something that causes Ekim's ritual to not work as planed.

Any way it pans out I look forward to seeing how the struggle pans out.

-_-Me-_-
Kaleidoscope chapter 7 . 10/23/2013
Chibi-Usa's reaction to Ryoga might be the most Ranma-like plot twist yet, just in terms of the cross-motivational pileups that Takahasi enjoys. I giggled when I came to that part.

One of the things I've enjoyed most about this series is how the two halves of the crossover interact. I've seen an awful lot of Ranma fics that try to shoehorn in a darker setting without a whole lot of justification, and some Sailor Moon fics that place a lot of action on a cosmic scale, while ignoring the human motivations of the Senshi. But the levels of slightly black humor here *really* work - Sailor Moon's setting gives a justification for tragedies and threats that could harm the whole world (rather than a small mountain range in China), and Ranma 1/2's setting hangs a lampshade on how straightforward most fights and threats are in Sailor Moon (as opposed to having fights spring from ten people with opposing, slightly selfish motivations in the same room). And, it effectively means that neither side is able to deal with threats from outside their worldview - the Senshi have a bit of an issue understanding petty motivations for wrongdoing, and the Wrecking Crew is taking on a foe outside their collective weight class. Both Kazuo and the crazy behind the armor show how this can work out - Kazuo has a motivation and methodology petty enough to confuse the Senshi, and enough power and influence to outclass the wrecking crew; the armor guy had a classic Sailor Moon motivation, but was, at least, a problem resolvable with a giant martial arts fight.

Finally, its fun to see Ranma being a devious planner *and* a guy who hits like a tank rather than some mere obsessive martial artist, and I like the way that you've set Ryouga up for major character development. This has been a delight, and I can't wait to see what happens next.
leneypoo chapter 7 . 10/21/2013
For some weird reason all the alerts were diverted to my spam box, but that's fixed. And I guess the bright side is that I found this update.

I don't want to hold my breath on the chance that the Outer Senshi's confrontation at the Tendo Dojo will result in some insight. But I still hope maybe it does. And thank god for Chibi-usa. Not sure if it's a case of her knowing something from the future, but I was scared that the botched encounter with Ryouga and Hotaru was going to turn Hotaru away from believing that The Dark Lords are irredeemable.

The Wyrmspawn...yikes. I have no idea how that's going to play out...I hope the casualties are slim and/or reversable by Silver Crystal.
Timmy811 chapter 7 . 10/20/2013
Good transition chapter, really liked the Saturn/Ryoga misunderstanding. Can't wait to see how the next chapter goes.
daniel-gudman chapter 7 . 10/20/2013
In a story where everyone comes up with schemes that get completely derailed by hilarious misunderstandings, the perfect Villain Sue that doesn't misunderstand anything at all is boring.
Zeroeye chapter 7 . 10/19/2013
Well, it's that time again, when i've read the chapter about 6 times, because i cant belive how well written it is and flows so great, zero things wrong, infact the only thing wrong is that you dont get paid for such excellent work. but it is fanfiction. So anyway, love it, live it. and hope nothing gets in the way of the next chapter coming out!
shademaster chapter 7 . 10/18/2013
Great chapter as allweys, realy one of the better fics on this site, and this comes from a guy who uselly hates the mindless praise reviews
neb1234 chapter 7 . 10/17/2013
Wow, this was a damn good chapter!

For me the high points were the fight between Ranma and Kazuo (obviously, awesome fight scene), Ryoga and Shampoo tricking Hotaru(funny), Kazou showing Ranma the dragon/monster thing (great atmosphere) and the Senshi deciding that Ryoga was in love with Hotaru (and plot thickens...).
Hunter smith chapter 7 . 10/16/2013
Wow this chapter was amazing I love how you have so many different threads of the story occurring at the same time and that you are able to keep them all interesting. I can't wait for the next chapter.
Artful Lounger chapter 7 . 10/16/2013
Well THAT went in a surprising direction, for some parts at least, for others it was fairly predictable. But the healing method, the reaction to the situation that occurred due to the events after that healing method, and the exposition on a certain grandmother were definitely unexpected. Nice work.

Everything else... well run of the mill to be honest. For the most part at least. But that was kind of unavoidable, to do anything else would be rather illogical and/or out of character.

So, overall good chapter, liked it a lot. And you actually got it out before Halloween which is even better. Here's hoping to see the next one out before Thanksgiving.
jklugh chapter 7 . 10/15/2013
Another good chapter. For some reason this seems to be the first chapter that the new antagonist really seemed to gell as a character and it is really nice to get a bit more of the farce and comedy aspects back in the game.

Once again, thanks for writing!
Fellow Sufferer chapter 7 . 10/15/2013
I wonder how Ranma and Ryouga would stack up against Dark Generals now...
skywiseskychan chapter 7 . 10/14/2013
Ho-boy, looks like things are going to go all wrong again and again. Though on the other hand, it might just be the break they are looking for. Senshi arriving to chat with Kasumi while Ranma and Ryouga take Benedia into the dark kingdom.

Looks like fun!