Reviews for The Dark Lords Ascendant
skywiseskychan chapter 13 . 5/20
What a wonderful chapter. Tanizaki really did plan exceedingly well for this. I like all of the little pitfalls and plots you've worked into things. Though I can't help but think something's been forgotten. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
MangamanZX chapter 13 . 5/6
Ouch Taizaki needs to die and quick
ramze chapter 13 . 5/5
awww yiss. a new chapter. lots of action. can't wait for the next one.
Ferdiad chapter 13 . 5/2
Jesus that was a chapter and a half. I can't see how Ranma is going to pull this one out the bag.
Timmy811 chapter 13 . 4/27
This update was incredible. The action was superb and the villain's plot diabolical genius! 5 stars!
nice
Very good story. I haven't read a fanfiction this enjoyable in a long time. Keep up the good work.
sandcrawlr chapter 13 . 4/21
Your cliffhangers are evil. :) great chapter. Keep up the writing!
Rowan Seven chapter 13 . 4/18
SPOILERS!

Receiving the email notice that this story has updated always brings a smile to my face, and this new chapter does not disappoint. The opening with the monsters getting into a shipping battle was hilarious and reminded me of several fandom OTP debates I've come across, and the follow-up scene with Sailor Uranus was fantastic with its comedic use of dramatic irony. The pre-battle set-up on both sides was handled well too. There were a lot of nice minor details with the characters, their thoughts, and their interactions that added flavor to the explanations, and Zhang's bemusement at finding martial artists willing to fight Sailor Moon but then balking upon learning that Ranma is also involved was an amusing touch.

The extra time you spent on this chapter seems to have paid off in terms of the execution of the attack on Tanizaki's tower. Your use of Sailor Mercury is clever, and the battles are skillfully balanced and smoothly transition from one to another. Konatsu and Sailor Mars versus Ekim is especially well done, in my opinion, making great use of Konatsu's ninja repertoire, the inhuman black magic one would expect from a sorcerer of Ekim's skill, a Chekhov's Gun, and Mars's fury. Ryouga, Ukyo, Neptune, Saturn, Jupiter, and Venus fighting their way through monsters and martial artists was less tense but still a lot of fun, and you made good use of imagery such as the baseball bat and whip vs chain to keep the battle interesting. And Zhang vs Mousse is proving to be every bit the dramatic showdown it's been built up to be.

Of course, the true tour-de-force is the battle against Tanizaki and Unit Zero, and I'm happy to say that it is exceeding expectations. Unit Zero's identity was a surprise but makes brilliant sense in hindsight, and it really shows just how thoroughly Tanizaki is covering his bases. I also really liked the character explication in this chapter concerning his motivation. He is both incredibly human and dangerously megalomaniacal, and the work you've put into creating him succeeds in giving Tanizaki the credibility and gravitas to feel like a legitimate threat to Sailor Moon and Ranma. Shampoo's critical role in the fight is also another great use of the character in this crossover, although her continued survival after all this is beginning to make me worried about Akane's future. Death flags have been triggered, and, while it initially seemed like they were for Shampoo, Akane could also be the target.

The only notable weakness of this chapter that comes to mind is the sense that, despite its appearance as the climactic battle, it's actually more of a pre-endgame battle. There are several actors and subplots that haven't been brought into the confrontation yet, and the expectation that they will and there's an even bigger fish on the horizon lessens some of the tension (if only slightly). Still, that's a good problem to have and is one that'll correct itself once the next chapter is published, and it also congeals neatly with Tanizaki's arrogance. He believes this is the final battle that will decide everything, but there are potential players (such as Melinoe) he's completely unaware of, the audience knows that when he tried this in the previous timeline with the Golden Crystal the whole endeavor seemingly backfired stupendously, and he's either so fixated on the Silver Crystal or so confident in his prior neutralization of the Wyrmspawn that he apparently hasn't stopped to consider whether having a clash of cosmic power directly above a sleeping monster is a good idea.

Anyway, thanks again for the time and effort you put into this crossover. It's a great story that I've referred back to frequently for tips to use with my own writing, and I'm really eager to see where things go from here and what'll happen when the inevitable chaos the Nerima Wrecking Crew brings to any situation erupts.
Tailsmo4ever chapter 13 . 4/16
damn, what a cliffhanger. but i have a good feeling this is all gonna blow up in Kazuo's face
Cicero chapter 13 . 4/14
Dang...

Evil... truly evil.

Surely Mercury has been watching what is happening and has a plan? Right?
The Dark Lord Duroth chapter 13 . 4/12
Hmmm.

Ekim pulled a Flaming Denethor.

This is a very interesting conclusion. Can't wait to see how it all pans out.

I shall destroy you all!
-TDLD
So damn depressing over and over again.
Dareth chapter 13 . 4/10
Another awesome chapter. I have absolutely no complaints about anything...and now...the wait...
Section Z chapter 13 . 4/9
The worst part for the Senshi is how after a while, they will be bored without Revolver Ocelot grade schemes involved in their dating.

Or as the Ranma cast calls it, "Tuesday"
854 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »