Reviews for The Dark Lords Ascendant
IOException chapter 11 . 5/11
Nice as always. Poor Shampoo and Ukyou though. I was hoping Akane would be willing to share Ranma with them, especially since they both sacrificed their lives storming that Dark Kingdom base protecting her... Woulda been funny too!

Anyways, keep 'em coming!
The Dark Lord Duroth chapter 11 . 5/10
Poor Ryouga. If only he knew that TWUE WUB doesn't really care about how bad off he is in life.

And Beneda's plan had better work. Otherwise, I shall summon the unstoppable force of ANGRY!Professor Tomoe to lay waste to you all.

Beware.
Cicero chapter 11 . 5/10
Woot! It's back!

This story is terrific!

I love the nice touch that Mercury is more flustered by the insanity of the Nerima Wrecking Crew than anyone else.

But you just left us on a massive cliff hanger, so it better not take so long for the next chapter.
Rowan Seven chapter 11 . 5/9
SPOILERS!

Very nice work with this newest chapter. It's more sedate than many of its predecessors, but after all the recent action a "cooling off" chapter giving the cast time to catch up and react to all the new developments is probably for the best and you pulled it off terrifically. I particularly liked the exposition on the divergences from the original timeline. The revelation that it was Chibi-Usa's seemingly minor intervention back in Chapter 1 that caused such significant changes fits the butterfly effect version of time travel tremendously well, and it shows how thoroughly you've plotted out this story. It also does a nice job of answering some questions while raising others.

The rest of Ranma's conversation with Usagi as they related their separate adventures/misadventures over the years was amusing, and I like how you portrayed Usagi and her trusting nature and played it off Pluto's suspicious, more cautious personality. There was some very enjoyable understated humor there, and I'm excited (and perhaps frightened?) to see what the combination of Usagi's optimism with Ranma's audacity leads to next.

The other character interactions also continued to meet the high bar you've set and consistently matched. Ranma and Ryouga's conversation with the original three Inner Senshi on the rooftop was a nice callback to the first story and showed how the air has cleared between them, while the Ranma/Ukyo and Akane/Shampoo scenes were very poignant. Akane ruminating on what Shampoo's situation must be like made her very sympathetic and is probably a better method of conveying Shampoo's feelings than a first-person narrative from her perspective would have been. I also like that you had Ranma be honest and admit what the overheard conversation was truly about rather than strive for a contrived excuse. That shows character evolution on his part, and he's going to need such honesty if he's going to make the wedding work. Souichi was in fine form this chapter, both in dealing with the other families and in speaking with Ryouga, and his mad scientist laugh was an entertaining inclusion.

Melinoe's interest in Chibi-Usa, meanwhile, is intriguing, and your characterization of Helios's sister thus far is compellingly multi-faceted. There's a genuine sense of menace and danger to her, with her belief of innate superiority over humans and view of them as little more than playthings for her nightmares, but this is offset by the impression that she's an entity beyond the traditional human definition of good and evil. I look forward to seeing what you intend to do with her. Tanizaki is also really coming into his own. When you first introduced him he struck me as more of an archetypal villain than a distinct threat with the flaws and quirks that make Sailor Moon villains so memorable, but he's grown with this story.

And then there's the Dark Kingdom cliffhanger. Ryo's death sentence is a clever way to complicate what could have otherwise been a rather straightforward rescue operation, and I'm very interested in seeing what impromptu plan Beneda has devised. She's long had the rather ironic role of being the "straight woman" to the Nerima Wrecking Crew's insanity, but with friends like them she's bound to have absorbed some of their penchant for crazy schemes. Seeing what assets Dr. Metzger has stashed away in the Dark Kingdom should be interesting too, and I still can't help but wonder if there will be any signs of the Silk Lotus leader or Jadeite soon.

Anyway, great job with this chapter, and thank you again for writing and sharing this story. Reading a new chapter is always a highlight of the day for me.
Gibelyou chapter 11 . 5/9
Another fine chapter! Thanks for bringing smiles to my day.
skywiseskychan chapter 11 . 5/8
Well, this is getting good, and complicated, even as things start to get straightened out. Although I do wish I could have seen more of the incredulous looks the Senshi had when they learned that Ranma levied veritable armies to aid them in assaulting the dark kingdom.
anon chapter 11 . 5/8
Thank you for updating! I've been waiting for forever...I just wish that the next update would be faster than this, hoping that you have a general idea for the next chapter.

I agree with the other reviews. If one of the Nerima's Wrecking Crew got another crazy idea or plan up her sleeve, then I'll expect it to hurdle into everyone in its path without any mercy at all and tangles the fates and destinies of all the characters like some kind of clustered yarn of string until it turns messy and disorganized and clustered and most of all CHAOTIC, making the logical side of things in the actual presumed plan illogical and almost unrecognizable beyond belief. Oh, what joy, what fun...
LordOfTheAndain chapter 11 . 5/7
Great work as always, and well worth waiting for. Things are starting to come together, but knowing you I expect the end isn't quite within sight yet. If nothing else, the whole Melinoe thing needs time to develop properly, especially since they can only meet her at night (well, while sleeping), and I refuse to believe you would put it in without a plan - and a good plan, at that - for how to resolve it.

Finally some much needed explanations and reconciliations, even if they are interspersed with Neriman chaos (like DarkJackel, I do hope we get a flashback to the scene where Ranma gets out of the neko-ken). Significant scenes with Ukyou and with Shampoo; hopefully they can find some sort of resolution to their life situations before the end (and hopefully not in the form of heroic and/or tragic death). Nice to get a bit more of Mousse's background story, and also the way you tied in the Great Freeze with your plot. And then there's Ryouga/Hotaru... Very well handled, in my humble opinion. I'm only missing one thing: when he berates himself for considering the possibility and expects her to find him creepy, he really ought to have mentioned the difference in ages. You've said she's not yet sixteen (a year and a half older than Chibi-Usa's almost fourteen), and since she's three years younger than Usagi, who has to be at least two years younger than Ryouga (if he was still sixteen in the first story), he has to be at least twenty. In a few years, that wouldn't matter much, and in truth it doesn't necessarily have to do so now either (considering her life, she's had to grow up rather quickly) - but he wouldn't know that, and it would be prime fuel for his self-loathing and depression. Then again, maybe that little bomb should be kept for later - say after their first kiss, so he can accuse himself of forcing himself on her... ;)

Well, as always, keep up the good work! Hopefully the next chapter is easier to get right. :)
MilandaAnza chapter 11 . 5/6
Sooo happy to see this updated, now to froth at the mouth for the next chapter 3
Jfmam chapter 10 . 5/6
I've been meaning to review this chapter since just after it came out. I'm sorry I took so long!

This was a great chapter. Things are really moving along now, I think we've almost reached the climax of the story. The writing is as good as ever, the characters (as far as I can tell) all sound right and the plot is enthralling.
The scene between Helios and Melinoe was interesting. I must confess, my knowledge of Sailor Moon characters is rather patchy even now; is she from the Manga/Anime, or did you create her? Either way, her appearance now is ominous. I can't help but feel she may be important later, but then, as I said before, I think we're reaching the climax of the story, so I don't know if she'll be able to fit into the story now. Regardless, I trust that whatever you've planned, it will be good. You haven't failed yet.

Thanks again for writing this amazing story, and especially for keeping it up for so long. It would be terribly sad if you didn't finish (no pressure!)
I'll be reading the next chapter real soon; I can hardly wait!
Andrew MacKenzie chapter 11 . 5/4
Excellent chapter, look forward for the crazy rescue plan next chapter
I liked the first story, and the interlude, but this one has escalated into a tragedy of errors with characters so horribly irrational and misguided I can't continue reading it any longer, not to mention the villain who probably eats live women while torturing their babies to death in front of them, it's possible that the story pulls itself back together but I find that I cannot read on
sandcrawlr chapter 11 . 5/4
Amazing update. People actually talking things out with logical explainations? Absurd! :) great to catch this. Made my night. Keep up the writing!
shugokage chapter 11 . 5/3
Cool chapter nice scenes!
BeanCounter34 chapter 11 . 5/2
Loved the update and all I can say is I want more. I like what you have done with Mousse and can't wait to see his story played out. Ryouga being my favorite, I can't wait to see what happens with him either. Thank you for your hard work and hope you are getting lots of support from fans.
715 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »