Reviews for The Dark Lords Ascendant
Wandering the Arid Sea chapter 9 . 6/19/2014
Very enjoyable, loved it despite being a bit short and rushed at parts. A lot cleaner than the previous chapter which seemed all over the place.

One bit that got to me though was the scene at Ryouga's house. Everyone goes inside and then the father simply there is a knock on the door and a hail of bullets. This was annoying because I have no clue what happened to the vanished father; did a ricochet hit him? or did he go into the kitchen to sit down or upstairs to lie down after what must have been a really exciting and rather tiring day? Its just annoying in that he's somewhat cut out of box and insert here for drama and then is removed from the scene by omission rather than anything else.

Was eternally waiting for a scene where father and daughter realized that they were being tracked and that Ryouga had 'helped' to try confuse their persuer by going round and round in circles and backtracking and complicated routes that seemingly go nowhere. Alas.

The Soun and Genma thing was interesting. Those two seem capable if a bit afraid, quite justifiably, no doubt, given who their master is. I just can't wait to see what happens when the senshi meet Happousai, one of the strongest and most insane characters ever.

Surprised there were no pictures of Paris, the Himalaya's, the Rockies, the Sahara, Mount Rushmoore or the Amazon, given how far Ryouga's feet wander.

Interesting turn of events with Ranma and Ekim. Will this Nameless One just remain some vaguely omnious entity on the periphereal or is this all some needleesly complicated plot directed by the pet wizard and vizier while Tanizaki is the puppet who thinks he pulls the strings? You say that the company has been in the family since the Meiji era, my my, that is some drive. Could one of his forebears tread the same path that Tanizaki himself walks now? Perhaps the quest for immortality or power or something else.

I would write more but its 2 am (your fic is worth it!) and I need to sleep. xD

Hope to read more soon. This stuff is epic.

Here is to you continuing this masterpiece.
Ivolyn chapter 9 . 6/19/2014
Oh wow, this was *so* worth the wait! And up until now, I was just laughing at Hotaru thinking Ryouga was in love with her, but now I actually want them to work out as a couple. It would be supercute. The more I think about it without laughing, the better the idea seems. :)

I'm guessing that once Ranma gets splashed with water, s/he'll be back to his/her normal self. (I'm hoping, anyway. Especially since Moon hit him with an almost-good-enough healing wave.) I just have to believe that any magic (even magic from the Nameless One) whatsoever will go wonky when used on a member of the Nerima Wrecking Crew, like it's a universal law or something.

I love this story SO MUCH. Thank you for writing it.
Inara Seraph chapter 9 . 6/19/2014
Yay! My heart sank when Ranma was possessed. I was sure this was going to be another mistake in the comedy of errors that is Nerima-Senshi relations. But Best Senshi Ami finally puts an end to these shenanigans with her brains. I can't wait for the approaching climax.. there's gonna be some real shit going down when 'Unit Zero' is inevitably complete.

I am also shipping HotaruxRyouga very hard.. and I'm scared one of them is going to die in the finale. It seems ripe for a tragic ending.
Hirushoten chapter 9 . 6/19/2014
Things are moving toward the epic team up. Ami is best smart girl. Really excited.
Ghost in the Machine chapter 9 . 6/19/2014
Nice to see the update, made my day to see the notice pop up in my inbox. 8)

As for the story... (Spoilers.)

Loved how you showed that Ami -is- the brains of the outfit. You don't -need- the most power when you're smart enough to actually -plan-.

What I said about Hotaru falling for Ryoga seems to be happening and, as also predicted, Ryoga doesn't seem to have a -clue- regarding it. Poor girl doesn't know Ryoga well enough to know that he'd have done his level best to protect -anyone- in their situation. Seeing how she'll react when and if she finds that out is something I look forward to finding out.

Other than that, carry on.
Jerry Unipeg chapter 9 . 6/19/2014
Ho boy, Ranma will be very anger when he wake up.
erikalikesfire chapter 9 . 6/19/2014
Yessss our heroes finally catch a break!

...though of course Ranma is still possessed. And I am worried about Hotaru's father...

...whatever, I'll take it!

A couple of things I noticed:

"She thought for a moment longer, then took off her the helmet..."

"...he was sute they would never again listen..."

"His eyes barely even had the time to go bulge wide..."
WanderingStarmaster chapter 9 . 6/19/2014
And the plot thickens...

So, now Hotaru is returning feelings that Ryouga doesn't actually have...yet, right?

And now Ranma's in a different kind of trouble as even if they do believe him now, he represents a genuine threat as if he's been possessed once it could happen again.

Can't wait to see how Tanizaki takes the news that his plan's backfired.

Out of curiosity, will Sailor Moon ever remember what happened when she faced Metallia, and that Ranma was there?
esran chapter 9 . 6/19/2014
THe last part was definately the best part of the chapter. The earlier parts didn't really have the same humour as previous chapters, but the last part hit the nail on the head.
Wal Otter chapter 9 . 6/19/2014
Awesome chapter
Finwee Lord of Long Winds chapter 9 . 6/19/2014
Good I am glad that this story is not dead. I really enjoyed it alot.
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 9 . 6/19/2014
Alright! Bad guy plot just got busted!
Artful Lounger chapter 9 . 6/19/2014
Well... that happened.

Ryouga to the rescue, Hotaru is deperate enough and unsure of her normal prospects to the point that she's willing to give this 'relationship' a chance, Ekim pulls a nasty surprise out of the bag and Sailor Mercury just so happens to catch on in time due to a healthy paranoia.

Now the Senshi have to try talking to the Dark Lords without Ranma there to direct them. And given what we know of the pristine, innocent, civil inviduals therein... well that will be something special.
Gamma Cavy chapter 9 . 6/19/2014
well, at least the Senshi will have to believe Ryouga now. I wonder if Ekim had Ranma suppressed as well as he thinks, given the track record Ranma has with magic.
Blackwizard71 chapter 9 . 6/19/2014
YAY another update, well for once things seem to be going the heroes way.
858 | « Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 .. Last Next »