Reviews for The Dark Lords Ascendant
reven228 chapter 6 . 7/20/2013
Amazing chapter, keep goin and stay golden
Nemrut chapter 6 . 7/20/2013
Ranma should really stop jinxing himself and his group like that. One would think after the tenth time, in your stories alone, he would finally learn that at least _

The Mouse plotline is interesting, revenge often makes for good drama although i am curious as to how that ties into the Sailor Moon plot or if that is an original concept, since I am not that knowledgeable on the Sailor Moon subject. Same with the villains of the arc.

So, with things going FUBAR for the NWC and the Senshi, although they are in a slightly better position (with the big negative that they don't know that they are being manipulated), I am curious as to how things are going to play out. I really, really doubt that Ranma will listen to anything they are saying, especially since we don't need Akbar to tell us that this is a Trap, with a capital t.

But, nothing enrages an enemy like a conversation with Ranma, so, there is hope for that. Besides, if they do the one thing they shouldn't, invite someone from Nerima into their high tech science building with sensitive machinery, well, that has got to take them back a few decades.

Good chapter, interesting fights,especially with the Ryouga portion of the battle, will be fun to see them teaming up later again. Thanks for sharing this chapter, you dastardly sadist.
FranticHamster chapter 6 . 7/19/2013
I would feel sorry for Moon except that her crystal Tokyo will be built on the blood of billions. I never liked Pluto was hoping she would be killed shame.
Sora Matasuki chapter 6 . 7/19/2013
... Awe fudge knew there'd be something worse coming up. Thanks for the update! I can't wait for the next one!
Timmy811 chapter 5 . 7/19/2013
Another fantastic fight scene. I just wish it was longer, I can't wait to see the rest.
Zhor chapter 5 . 7/18/2013
Fate continues to conspire against them, bending to the undeniable laws of Murphy... This continues to hold my interest and I eagerly await the next chapter. Hopefully the Nerima crew can kick some ass and up their notoriety some more!
Timmy811 chapter 4 . 7/17/2013
Somehow I missed the earlier updates for this.

This chapter definitely doesn't disappoint. From the fallout of Luna's misunderstanding to Kodachi arriving at just the wrong place at the wrong time this was classic Nerima.

What makes it even better is that the main cast has matured so much, but it just doesn't matter. If there's less prone to shoot themselves in the foot, that just means old murphy is gonna step up and do it for them.
S0ulEat3R-333 chapter 5 . 7/16/2013
Ah, another wonderful few chaps in...
And I sense Love will fill the air, either that or lots o' blood, pain and EXPLOSIONSSSS.
AweSome writing btw, realistic people and the pacing while a taaad bit slow, set the mood just right.
Anxxiously await ur nxt update!
PsychoSinMafia chapter 5 . 7/15/2013
I loved the Dark Lords of Nerima story. One I the best Sailor Moon/Ranma 1/2 stories I've ever read. (And that's saying something)

And this sequel doesn't disappoint. I can't wait for the next chapter. I wonder how the senshi will react when they find out that the "dark lords" had basically pulled an elaborate farce on them 4 years ago.

I do have one problem though. When explaining the final battle against ramna a d the others, they made it seem like it wasn't a big deal, when in fact the senshi had to forge a temporary truce with the dark kingdom, and even the. They got a pretty bad beating.
Rowan Seven chapter 5 . 7/6/2013
And once again this story does not disappoint. You did a great job setting up the battles and showing how many spanners are in the works early on in this chapter with Usagi's opening, Ranma's planning, Pluto's interference, and Kazuo's plotting. The humor and irony present in many parts were entertaining and kept the seriousness of the situation from weighing too heavily. I also really enjoyed the character work with Akane and Shampoo and Ryouga and Beneda. It's rewarding to see how these relationships have changed and deepened over time and to get a feel of maturity from the characters that matches their ages (though, come to think of it, I don't remember Beneda's age ever being mentioned).

The first round of the impending battles was exciting to read but also felt slightly understated. The sense of threat to both sides was somewhat minimized by Ukyo and Ryouga's strong performance and the knowledge that the stakes are going to become much higher and more dangerous once Saturn arrives and the Synths strike. I was also a bit surprised at first by how well Ukyo and Ryouga did against Neptune and Uranus, but considering how strongly the fight played to their advantages (one-on-one, close quarters, and prior experience fighting Senshi) it makes sense. I'm hoping the Inners manage a better performance in their own battle, though, since they have fought the NWC before and will be fighting as a team.

Still, even though this chapter's fight might have been less suspenseful than the battles that have preceded it, it was still enjoyable to read and very well written. Ryouga's reaction to Neptune and Uranus transforming was priceless, and I liked the verbal exchange between him and Uranus; both of them have learned something about the other's character. The fight also did a good job setting things up for the next chapter and arranging for a Hibiki/Saturn showdown separated from the rest of the fighters. With that battle, the Inners' fight against Ranma, and Kazuo's interference to look forward to, I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter. Thanks for sharing, and please keep up the amazing work.

Also, some miscellaneous observations:
Beneda's feelings for Tofu continue to be raised. Not sure if this is foreshadowing a future plot point or not, but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Tofu play a slightly larger role in this story. He needs to redeem his good name after Genma's terrible impersonation, after all!

I find it amusing how many reviews comment on Ryouga's love life or lack thereof. Admittedly, I've made a few remarks on this topic as well and even speculated for a bit that you might go with the somewhat traditional route of pairing Ryouga with one of the Senshi, but for a story where romance has not been a driving force of the plot I'm somewhat surprised by how much attention it receives in the comments. I suppose we're all just so accustomed to main characters being paired off in long-running series like this that Ryouga not finding true love just seems incredulous.

Kazuo and company continue to play the villainous archetypes straight with the added bonus of competence, and I still can't decide whether you're building them up like this to show what a Sailor Moon antagonist would be like with Ranma 1/2 elements or if you have a plot twist waiting in the wings. Either way, I'm definitely interested in seeing how things play out for the antagonists.

I have a sense that the next few chapters will give an impression of just how large this story is intended to be. I'm not sure if you're aiming for something as long as the first story in this series, longer, or shorter, but seeing where everyone stands once this battle ends should give a clearer idea of where this story is going and just how much work the protagonists have ahead of them to save the world.
esran chapter 5 . 6/29/2013
excellent build up, im looking forward to the fight.
esran chapter 3 . 6/28/2013
the dramatic irony in this chapter is amazing.
NPP6 chapter 5 . 6/25/2013
Very nice, I can't wait to see how this turns out. Just a couple of suggestions, don't have the Senshi stay misled for too long, or it'll turn this into a rehash instead of a sequel. They need to figure things out eventually.
I'm also wondering if Setsuna and/or Chibiusa are going to figure things out and then just sit back with a bucket of popcorn for a chapter or two.
Also just an interesting thought here, but even though the old Queen Serenity is probably going to have to show up and explain things Deidus ex Machina style, it mightbe a good idea to have Usagi recognize Ranma's energy from when he was keeping her alive at the North Pole, probably when she winds up getting hit with one of his ki attacks, although he may simply have to boost her energy for some reason, your call.
Guest chapter 5 . 6/24/2013
Great stuff, and great to know that chapter six will be soon to follow. Please continue writing!
Nanya chapter 5 . 6/24/2013
Oh sheesh...

Considering the 3rd faction in this...

Nothing's going to go according to plan, is it?
715 | « Prev Page 1 .. 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 .. Last Next »