Reviews for The Dark Lords Ascendant
Tailsmo4ever chapter 19 . 1/9/2021
wow, after several years this was worth quite the wait. which begs the question. without the Death Phantom, what will become of the Dark Moon Family?
Armiture chapter 19 . 1/8/2021
Awesome aftermath chapter. I hope to see Ranma and Akane's wedding in the epilogue chapter.
Grizzmon chapter 19 . 1/7/2021
Thank you for finishing the story.
lelcar chapter 19 . 1/7/2021
Too many things wrapping up, mostly in a positive note. Still is kinda sad Megumi will remain mentally challenged for the rest of her life.
Anyway I'm curious how Usagi and Ranma will organize their Kingdoms, and their ties with Japan Government.
Speaking about politicians, I have the feeling those corrupts who evaded justice plus anyone involved in Tanikazi's shady web can expect a surprise visit from Melinoe.
Ashriel chapter 19 . 1/7/2021
Man, this has been a crazy journey. I still remember that first chapter posted and now it's all finally come to its conclusion. Honestly, this has easily been the best thing to come with the new year and congratulations on finally bringing this all together. As for the chapter itself, it really managed to give satisfying conclusions, while still leaving so much to the imagination for where everything ends up going into the future, and much like the rest of this third part, I feel like it really managed to mix in both serious drama with spots of levity in the perfect mixture. I genuinely enjoyed the random interlude to a completely different epic final showdown being cut short in such a ridiculously over the top manner. I feel like I did want a little more looking into the future, but I can't actually imagine anything truly being enough, I sort of would always want that "little more" simply because everything has been so gratifying and well done. Thanks for bringing this delightful work to its conclusion and sharing it with the rest of us.
LukeGreen chapter 1 . 1/6/2021
Yay! I almost lost hope. Thought it will be half a year, like before... then a year... then more and more... And in the darkest hour of despair, I saw a small light, small beacon of hope that within seconds burnt into a bright flame.
Update! :D
NinaJansen chapter 19 . 1/6/2021
Thank you for this update; it was marvellous, as always.
And I am very glad to know you haven't disappeared entirely in these hectic times.
iron.exe chapter 19 . 1/5/2021
I can't believe this is over. I've been following this for so long, I feel a real sense of loss.

That said, you are absolutely amazing! This may very well be the best thing I have ever read! Thank you so much for dedicating so much time and effort to this! Thank you for sharing it with everyone! I can't tell you how many times I've had a bad day only to suddenly get a notification that you'd updated, or how many all nighters I've pulled while reading the latest chapter!
Artful Lounger chapter 19 . 1/5/2021
I've been reading this story since very near the beginning. I forget exactly where the Dark Lords of Nerima was when I first picked it up but I believe it was somewhere along the lines of the three way fight between Youma Ranma and the Senshi. I've been following the story ever since and never regretted it for an instant.

Its both sad and exhilarating to know that its about to be completed. You've done an excellent job with this trio of stories and I look forward to the final chapter with bated breath.
Sorlian chapter 19 . 1/5/2021
Ah...

So it truly ends (minus some probably delicious wrap ups). Only one thing to say.

Thank you.
Riniko22 chapter 19 . 1/5/2021
Thank you for the chapter and a happy ending to the struggle. I hope your new year is better than the last one and that you stay in good health.
Sorlian chapter 18 . 1/5/2021
Oh my, that was very satisfying! I was so happy to see you had updated! This is definitely one of my top 3 favorite Ranma/Sailor Moon crossovers! And now it's concluding! SQUEEEEE!

And congratulations on finishing!
GhostKing666 chapter 19 . 1/5/2021
I really want to see all the changes that come from this. From that league of tribes(and how an alliance of martial artists and wizards like that will effect Chinese politics), the formation of Crystal Tokyo and a reborn Dark Kingdom(and how that will turn out with Ranma at it's head) or even what happens when the normal humans are finished picking over the remains of Tanizaki's little "empire".

Even if the Senshi remove all the magical artifacts that he was storing in his tower, that still leaves all the data his people had gained on magic, all the people that he had working on magic and advanced technology(and the mixing of the two), the people he had working on his spaceship(that alone not only has the potential to revolutionize the space industry but the aerospace industry as well, completely replacing all other forms of flight propulsion), his computer technology, robotics and weaponry(Metzger might have been an amateur pilot, but that mech he created was very impressive as was the weapon systems he armed it with and even the technology behind the giant magic cannon(though I cant see how it could be implemented on a battlefield, there are reasons why nobody uses railway guns)), but most of all, his bioscience breakthroughs.

As much as Tanizaki and Metzger were using their technology in horrible ways, it doesn't change the fact that the technology they created is downright revolutionary. While the super soldier serum needs a lot of work before it can be useful(it says a lot that even Tanizaki didn't bother to really use it outside conquering the Dark Kingdom), his other breakthroughs are much more refined and if anything even more game changing for society. Metzger's copied and upgraded versions of the Dark Kingdom medical pods are basically a must have for any hospital, clinic or even just for any private medical care center that could afford them.

And the cloning vats, dear god the possibilities are almost endless. While full human cloning is naturally morally dubious enough to remain illegal, organ and body part creation is basically the holy grail of the transplant industry. Imagine being able to just clone a new heart, lung, liver, kidney, spin, leg or arm(hello Minako) in less then a day and with zero chance of rejection. And when you factor in the medical pods, be fully recovered from surgery in only a handful of days or less. And then there's using the vats to mass grow any type of meat or organic material you can think of in vast quantities, all while taking up much less space and resources then traditional farming, ranching and modern overfishing(and no ethical quandaries either, beyond the fact that a lot of traditional farmers, ranchers and fishers would probably get end up loosing their jobs after the technology proliferates, perhaps even loggers as well if the vats can grow plant matter like wood). Hell you could even use them to help the recovery of endangered(or even extinct) species. It would be downright criminal for the technology to be lost.

I'm also interested in seeing how the Japanese government(and other governments) try to reach military parity with the Senshi. While I could see them trying to recruit some high level martial artists for the police and JSDF, with Ranma, Ryouga and who knows how many other Nermian martial artists becoming the new "rulers" of the Dark Kingdom*, there might be some trust issues there so that they might just double down on Tanizaki's tech and magitech.

*Oh and speaking of martial artists and the Dark Kingdom, any possibility that a portal could be opened between the DK and the Bayankala Mountains or in any of the various groups there? The league of tribes there are basically allies of the senshi and nermian martial artists already and a portal(s) would make travel and communications much easier(both for the next apocalyptic threat but also for the tribes if the Chinese government starts getting concerned about the regions autonomy and current unity).
yama oni chapter 19 . 1/5/2021
I can't wait to read the epilogue. I've been following this saga for at least 6 years, since before I started, and finished, college. It set a style for the types of cross over stories I look for in general and a quality I look for in Ranma stories specifically. 600k words of trial and perseverance will soon reach a conclusion. Thank you for telling this story and bringing it into my life.
Lukkai chapter 19 . 1/5/2021
New DLA chapter, oh yeah!

I must say the funeral scene really struck a cord with me. I lost my dad a few years ago and where at the start I felt in some way.. numb. Sometimes empty. When the service came around... Most important first in the largest church of the city and finding it full with people that he'd come to know or touched somewhere along the way. Then the meal afterwards with just the relatives and closer friends and acquaintances. It... helped. A lot. It was the first time I was able to think about the life lived again instead of its end.

Lots of good points brought up in this chapter. Many things resolved, even though there's obviously enough possible future problems remaining or appearing. But then a good story of this style never really fully ends, now does it.

I like Ranma's motivation. There are definitely worse ones for a leader.
1,244 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »