Reviews for The Dark Lords Ascendant
erikalikesfire chapter 15 . 5/22
Gosh, I admire the efficiency of your writing. You pack so much into scenes, but they never feel rushed. And so much progress in this chapter! It feels like the story could be over in one more, though of course I hope there's more of it than that...

You bringing up the tenth anniversary made me want to know how long I personally have been reading this story. According to the date I favorited and added an alert for The Dark Lords of Nerima, I joined the party on 8-18-09 (though probably a couple of days before that as I read through what had been published at that point). My life has been richer for the past 2,834 days because of you.

Thanks for writing!
DPSS chapter 15 . 5/22
Alright, it's official. Ryouga Hibiki biggest freaking idiot on the galaxy. Or maybe he is just so jaded that he just can't image a girl loving him no matter what evidence he has on the oposite.
Finwee chapter 15 . 5/22
Dang. THis is pretty close to an end now is it not? I eagerly await the conclusion.
Hirushoten chapter 15 . 5/22
My god man, a little bit of reading this and I am just gone and utterly absorbed by the story. I love how you acknowledge that Tuxedo Mask isn't a powerhouse character in strength but in words, where Sailor Moon is powerful Tuxedo Mask can invoke inspiration. Then there was the Genma story that showed he wasn't just a coward but an old, tired, and broken man, the characterization was so good.

I'm not too sure how things are going to go and I love that, I also love how much everyone gets at least a few lines and how much that conveys about them. Minako's little jaunt was funny and a great addition, and of course Ranma totally understands Tanizaki, and in turn, Tanizaki is completely wary of Ranma.
Jerry Unipeg chapter 15 . 5/21
Great chapter! Now the time for the big weapons.
jcollet2000 chapter 15 . 5/21
So awesome! At this point I'm expecting for Tanizaki to break down laughing maniacally once all of his plans are clearly ruined beyond repair and then die in either some sort of suicide effort to take out the Sailor Senshi and the NWC or be devoured by the Wyrmspawn right before it is put into stasis or destroyed. Kinda similar to Tsunenaga Tamaki if you know Deadman Wonderland.
Grizzmon chapter 15 . 5/21
Well, looks like they will have to face something more dangerous that a stupid dragonkin.
Anonymous Void chapter 15 . 5/21
A lot of hit and miss happening here. Things aren't going the way Tanazaki planned for, and like Ranma predicted he's getting desperate. He may not show it, but his actions reveal so much more than he intends. I had thought the Wyrmspawn would have been the last thing he would have unleashed, as an extreme last resort and one of those "if I can't have it, no one will" moments. I'm getting the feeling that despite his ambitions and schemes and abilities, he's a natural born coward, don't ask me why. He's a smart coward, but if it came to him sacrificing his life, even if it is to his benefit, he wouldn't do it. He seems the type to place too high a value over his own life. Every one else are pawns, no matter how valuable they may be.

I did enjoy the bit with Minako, and Beneda's comment about her hijacking the Dark Kingdom as a dating service pretty much sums all that up.

I have to applaud Soun Tendo, though. Between him and Genma, he's always been the more moral, though that's not saying a lot knowing these two. I've always liked him better of the two. Who knows, maybe its a turning point for him, and also one for Genma. If I know my character development paths correctly, Genma can do one of two things: continue to run and survive or return at a crucial moment to help, debatable if it costs him his life or not.

So next chapter is another battle. Is it the big climatic one, or mere the appetizer for a more incredible one? I look forward to seeing. Take all the time you need, because quality is definitely better than quantity. It's always worth it, waiting for your chapters.
The Dark Lord Duroth chapter 15 . 5/21
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

This be getting good.

And as always, Ryouga cannot see the ship. The ship that is sitting in the harbor, giving a salute with all cannons off the port bow, waving flags with his and Sailor Saturn's names on them.
Jackalope89 chapter 15 . 5/21
Ah, Minako. Joining in on the monsters' plans to set up the Nerima crew with the Senshi. And nudging them towards helping HER woo Mousse.

Ah, and poor Ryouga. The curse of Nerima misunderstandings continue for him. Though, at least Hotaru has come out and spoken her true feelings.

But more setup for yet another big battle, with the wyrmspawn about to be released. At least Juuban has been evacuated. Not to mention, the TRUE foe, the demonic force, the evil clown, IT!

Helios doing his thing, but getting interrupted by Clone, but Clone being about mentally broken by Helios' sister.

Keep it up claymade! I do sense the ending of this story in sight, but, admittedly, I do hope for there to be more after this story. Why? I don't know!
The Stin chapter 15 . 5/21
Excellent as always. I'd say it looked like we were approaching a climax, but that's what I thought was happening with the assault on Tanizaki's place. I'm looking forward to seeing just how everything pans out. Probably one of, if not the best fic in the categories of Ranma or Sailor Moon.
Resisting the Borg chapter 15 . 5/21
Well... This was a chapter.

I like the development of the relationships here-especially Minako trying to get the Dark Kingdom Monsters to set her up with Mousse. Hotaru and Ryoga's relationship... it makes sense that such a thing would happen. I'm worried that something truly horrible will happen before they can make things work out.

I like Tanizaki as a villain, but despite that (or perhaps because of that) I'm enjoying watching things start to fall apart for him. Ranma and Helios have driven him into such a corner that he's preparing to release something he cannot control, and although he doesn't realize it, something else is gunning for him itself. For all of his brilliance and power, his schemes are rapidly collapsing and I'm loving it.

Unit Zero... I really want to give her a hug. I'm not sure what I think of Melinoe here, she seems like a wild card that could mess things up despite being on the same side as the heroes. Usagi's continued attempts to connect to Zero, are nothing less than what I'd expect from her, and I hope that she's able to fix things.

The Wyrmspawn... I hope that defeating it doesn't require Ryoga to use the you-know-what. And I can't help but think that Genma is going to jump in and help save the day somehow.

Oh. Ryo and Ami. Loved that scene. I think that covers everything.
I am hoping Genma will find himself. I always enjoy a redeemed Genma :) Saving Usagi from the assassin would be good, even if only to buy time for someone powerful enough to beat him to come along.
wingofpain chapter 15 . 5/21
It lives!
Well, now that my Franenstein moment has passed, wowo, what a chapter.
what will follow next is going to be one big mess.
I do note that the dark entity is powerful enough to not be included in Ryo's prophecy/dream...it won't end up well for anyone.

So who will die, Ryoga...or Genma? You raised many death flag.
Meck Viking chapter 15 . 5/21
Welcome back. Great chapter. The struggle on all fronts and the web you weave. Keep up the good work.
959 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »