Reviews for The Dark Lords Ascendant
Guest chapter 8 . 5/30/2014
Hey I was wondering If I could borrow the story starting at the fight at the warehouse. I would give you the full credit but I just thought that it woould be just where I wanted to start a story.
ramze chapter 8 . 4/25/2014
Woot! You updated, awww yisss. Can't wait to see stealth p-chan and more of ryoga/hotaru. Can't wait for the next chapter!
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 8 . 4/22/2014
Well done! This looks great! Please update!
praeceps29 chapter 6 . 4/2/2014
you realize you are way ooc with the inners right you have them acting more like the outers than the outers are given that ranma didnt even try to attack them they should have been far more willing to listen despite what luna told them and if they have all their memories back then given the fact that ranma both thanked usagi to her face and she saw him help save her life after metallia then why are they even fighting
Rexnos chapter 8 . 4/2/2014
Still some of the best combat scenes I've read in fan fiction and beyond. I'm also very impressed with how effectively you manage to muddy the waters. Nobody can be sure just who is on what side.

Later,
Rex
Final-Fan chapter 8 . 3/28/2014
A person might be misled by the notice in your profile to believe that this story hasn't updated since last October.
SlowMercury chapter 8 . 3/19/2014
Man, I love this story *so much*. Things I especially enjoyed this chapter in no particular order: learning Mousse's history, and how we can see how much Ranma has matured in the way he asked about it; the Ryo flashbacks; the entire fight between Senshi/Dark Lords/Happosai/Pantyhose Taro, because it was both epic and hilarious, just like a Ranma fight should be; the Senshi managing to (somewhat) talk out their problems with Ryouga, and his astonishment at same, although since Ryouga disappeared from a fight scene with a now-missing Hotaru I won't be surprised if there continues to be miscommunication conflict in the next chapter; and how Usagi still combines wanting to believe the best of people with a good understanding of people, when she buys the "Dark Lords not guilty" idea.

One question: Do the youma know that Beneda is also a youma? She's in disguise as a guard, and they do seem to have accepted Urawa Ryo as a youma, so there's definitely precedent - he probably knows what she is based on his visions, but does anyone else present in the Dark Kingdom? Not that it matters, really, just wondering. (And for whatever reason, I find it heartwarming every time Beneda thinks and/or refers to herself as "us" when referencing the NWC as opposed to any other group.)

Anyway, this was great fun and I can't wait to see what happens next!
Guest chapter 8 . 3/12/2014
Your backstory for Zheng and Mousse is -awesome-. Can't wait for the next chapter. Please continue writing!
Jarjaxle chapter 8 . 3/12/2014
Oooh shit...I hope taht this won't cause more misunderstandings...Oh Haruka better not die...Just What the hell IS this New OC Organization?

Why I am worrying that Sailor Moon and her faction will Attack Tenjou Dojo for this Misunderstanding?
And You are making this HotaruxRyoga? well it is Okay, tough still little annoyed what you did to Ryoga's and Akari's relationship... I cried. T.T
ramze chapter 8 . 3/12/2014
Nooooooooooo. Not a cliffhanger /sob. Love the story and hope next chapter is up sometime soonish!
Anon chapter 8 . 3/11/2014
Wait... Updated Feb 21st? A fic I enjoy that ISN'T dead?! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
The Dark Lord Duroth chapter 8 . 3/8/2014
Ooooh… This is going to be such FUN. I can't wait to see what happens. :)
Guest chapter 8 . 3/6/2014
Real nice set up for the next conflict. Can't wait to see how Ryouga saves the day.
Rowan Seven chapter 8 . 3/4/2014
SPOILERS!

Heh. The actions of Davidson and his soldiers aside, things are actually starting to look up for the heroes. Members of the Senshi and NWC are talking to each other, the NWC have found allies in the Dark Kingdom, and more than a few thrown spanners are suddenly appearing in Kazuo's schemes. So, naturally, I expect the other shoe to drop next chapter and for the misunderstandings and cross-purpose schemes to grow even more convoluted.

Anyway, this chapter was an enjoyable continuation of the series of events you've been setting in motion and contained a couple surprises too. Ryo's appearance wasn't unexpected, but the state of affairs in the Dark Kingdom was. Despite knowing how ruthless, malicious, and power-hungry most of the youma are, it's hard not to feel sympathy seeing them in what's effectively a concentration camp, and the dynamics between them and the other Sailor Moon monsters are intriguing to ponder. With Ryo as de facto leader, Beneda might be able to make a place for herself in a post-occupation Dark Kingdom. Of course, that's assuming Jadeite or the Silk Lotus leader don't show up. The NWC gaining a clairvoyant who can explain everything to the Sailor Senshi as an ally seems almost too good to be true, so I strongly suspect something will go awry soon. It doesn't even have to be the obvious loose ends from the prequels: Kazuo and Ekim apparently have a spell they plan to target Ranma with in less than 24 hours, and depending on how the liberation goes Ryo might have other concerns than returning to Japan.

Mousse's backstory with Zhang was interesting. More tragic than I expected, but it provides him with a compelling motivation and creates an engaging set-up for what seems like the inevitable rematch. I like the way you had Mousse describe himself as a failed student who built his entire style around the school's least skill-it contrasts nicely with his determination and leaves me eager to see how he uses that "least" skill against Zhang's mastery of all four.

And then there was the Outer Senshi's hilarious misadventure in Nerima. You put Happosai and Tarou to very amusing use interrupting Ryouga's explanation before he could reveal anything that would actually reduce the confusion and misunderstandings currently abounding. I almost feel sorry for Hotaru's misconception here, but if you do pair her with Ryouga then Ryouga being completely oblivious to the budding romance is probably the surest way to get it off the ground.

And then there's the aforementioned Davidson and his mercenary team. One-on-one they don't strike me as a serious threat, but an entire team of them could make for an especially nasty encounter, particularly if they use modern weapons. And considering how much pummeling Ryouga takes in this series, he's probably going to have a painful time ahead unless you take the opposite route and have P-chan affect a stealth rescue. Regardless, I like how you used Hotaru's phone call several chapters ago to reveal her location. It shows that you're being clever and planning ahead and feels more realistic than if Metzger had spontaneously blurted out the information.

Anyway, about the possible rating change you mentioned, my recommendation is to go ahead if you think escalating the intensity will make for a better story. The immediate prequel, "The Dark Lords Strike Back," made good use of the M rating and might have lost some of its impact had you toned the battles down. With the high stakes in this story, similarly going for full intensity might be worthwhile.

At any rate, wonderful job with this update. Developments you seeded earlier are emerging and coming together masterfully while hinting at yet further developments. And even with the setbacks of Davidson's defection and Ryo's rebellion, you've portrayed Kazuo competently enough that I can visualize him riding these storms and even finding ways to turn the chaos to his advantage. After all, even if Setsuna's investigation convinces her that he's up to no good, there's plenty of potential to persuade her that Ranma is the greater evil, and Kazuo is probably in a better position than anyone other than Ryouga to track down Hotaru. So, thanks for sharing, and I eagerly look forward to more.
Fast Frank chapter 8 . 3/4/2014
The Dark Kingdom is shaping up to be the Fenachrone (Skylark of Space Series) of the LoN series. I love the delicious irony of the secret weakness of Tanizaki's personal invincibility being a fifty yen coin.
952 | « Prev Page 1 .. 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 40 .. Last Next »