Reviews for The Dark Lords Ascendant
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 9 . 6/19/2014
- Dude! What an odd combination... these Youma ancestor-heroes. Somehow I'm starting to see Hellboy in that Priest dude.

- Giant piglet... oh the delicious irony!

- Well... there's a small chance that following Ryouga would cause insanity and result in being stranded on an entirely different dimension. That guy DID manage to reach Paris in his "four days journey" to the clearing immediately behind his house.

- The problem with any plan involving Ranma is that this guy is indeed chaos incarnate or rather closely followed by spirit of the thing.
Kriss1989 chapter 9 . 6/19/2014
Boxy is my new favorite character. He looked at the youma, monstrous life sucking creatures of darkness, hate, war, and betrayal and said "We can be better, because God loves even us." There is something powerful and profound about that kind of fath and devotion. This is what Saints are made of.
yobbin chapter 9 . 6/19/2014
Great chapter. I liked that Hotaru and Ryouga both had a moment to realize the other had been holding back in their fight.
I like that I can't tell if their romance is going to be epic, tragic or a hilarious set of misunderstandings. Keeping me guessing helps get me invested in your story.
wingofpain chapter 9 . 6/19/2014
The best plans never survived first contact...Tanizaki and Ekim should have known.
I don't have much to say about this chapter other than it was really good. (not like I expected any less coming from one your work).
Still poor Hotaru...when she will realize that Ryoga doesn't love her, it will break her poor little heart...I so hope to read that :).
Boxy triying to convert other Youma to christianism...I admit I didn't see that one coming at all. (not that I saw much of your plot coming ).
dongaro chapter 9 . 6/19/2014
Yay. Amazing update. Rather liked... well everything. It started great, had a lot of great combat, some humour, and a lot of character building.

Still very curious about this unit zero and the ice age (im sure it's going to come in shortly), but I'm sooo happy for Ryouga. I wasn't sure who he was going to be paired with but I've been happy for a while since you've been building towards this. I once tried writing a Ryouga/Hotaru fanfic ( it's still kicking around on my hardrive... it was pretty bad and thus will never see the light of day). But yeah really like that romance subplot.

But I notice a hint of foreshadowing (or maybe not), as I suspect Soun and Genma may yet play a role in things (they're trying too hard to forget, and you keep bringing em up).

Regardless thank you for the update, it was most enjoyable.
Shao Leafwalker chapter 9 . 6/19/2014
Oh Tanizaki.
You tried to be tricky in a sailor moon/ranma world. That never works out the way you want it to.

Very nice chapter, glad to see this fic is still alive and going very interesting places.
I can't wait for the next one!
reality deviant chapter 9 . 6/19/2014
great to have this update.
Rinas chapter 8 . 6/8/2014
The Dark Lords saga is some of the best fanfiction this site has to offer. Please keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 8 . 5/30/2014
Hey I was wondering If I could borrow the story starting at the fight at the warehouse. I would give you the full credit but I just thought that it woould be just where I wanted to start a story.
ramze chapter 8 . 4/25/2014
Woot! You updated, awww yisss. Can't wait to see stealth p-chan and more of ryoga/hotaru. Can't wait for the next chapter!
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 8 . 4/22/2014
Well done! This looks great! Please update!
praeceps29 chapter 6 . 4/2/2014
you realize you are way ooc with the inners right you have them acting more like the outers than the outers are given that ranma didnt even try to attack them they should have been far more willing to listen despite what luna told them and if they have all their memories back then given the fact that ranma both thanked usagi to her face and she saw him help save her life after metallia then why are they even fighting
Rexnos chapter 8 . 4/2/2014
Still some of the best combat scenes I've read in fan fiction and beyond. I'm also very impressed with how effectively you manage to muddy the waters. Nobody can be sure just who is on what side.

Later,
Rex
Final-Fan chapter 8 . 3/28/2014
A person might be misled by the notice in your profile to believe that this story hasn't updated since last October.
SlowMercury chapter 8 . 3/19/2014
Man, I love this story *so much*. Things I especially enjoyed this chapter in no particular order: learning Mousse's history, and how we can see how much Ranma has matured in the way he asked about it; the Ryo flashbacks; the entire fight between Senshi/Dark Lords/Happosai/Pantyhose Taro, because it was both epic and hilarious, just like a Ranma fight should be; the Senshi managing to (somewhat) talk out their problems with Ryouga, and his astonishment at same, although since Ryouga disappeared from a fight scene with a now-missing Hotaru I won't be surprised if there continues to be miscommunication conflict in the next chapter; and how Usagi still combines wanting to believe the best of people with a good understanding of people, when she buys the "Dark Lords not guilty" idea.

One question: Do the youma know that Beneda is also a youma? She's in disguise as a guard, and they do seem to have accepted Urawa Ryo as a youma, so there's definitely precedent - he probably knows what she is based on his visions, but does anyone else present in the Dark Kingdom? Not that it matters, really, just wondering. (And for whatever reason, I find it heartwarming every time Beneda thinks and/or refers to herself as "us" when referencing the NWC as opposed to any other group.)

Anyway, this was great fun and I can't wait to see what happens next!
960 | « Prev Page 1 .. 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 40 .. Last Next »