Reviews for The Dark Lords Ascendant
Guest chapter 8 . 3/12/2014
Your backstory for Zheng and Mousse is -awesome-. Can't wait for the next chapter. Please continue writing!
Jarjaxle chapter 8 . 3/12/2014
Oooh shit...I hope taht this won't cause more misunderstandings...Oh Haruka better not die...Just What the hell IS this New OC Organization?

Why I am worrying that Sailor Moon and her faction will Attack Tenjou Dojo for this Misunderstanding?
And You are making this HotaruxRyoga? well it is Okay, tough still little annoyed what you did to Ryoga's and Akari's relationship... I cried. T.T
ramze chapter 8 . 3/12/2014
Nooooooooooo. Not a cliffhanger /sob. Love the story and hope next chapter is up sometime soonish!
Anon chapter 8 . 3/11/2014
Wait... Updated Feb 21st? A fic I enjoy that ISN'T dead?! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
The Dark Lord Duroth chapter 8 . 3/8/2014
Ooooh… This is going to be such FUN. I can't wait to see what happens. :)
Guest chapter 8 . 3/6/2014
Real nice set up for the next conflict. Can't wait to see how Ryouga saves the day.
Rowan Seven chapter 8 . 3/4/2014
SPOILERS!

Heh. The actions of Davidson and his soldiers aside, things are actually starting to look up for the heroes. Members of the Senshi and NWC are talking to each other, the NWC have found allies in the Dark Kingdom, and more than a few thrown spanners are suddenly appearing in Kazuo's schemes. So, naturally, I expect the other shoe to drop next chapter and for the misunderstandings and cross-purpose schemes to grow even more convoluted.

Anyway, this chapter was an enjoyable continuation of the series of events you've been setting in motion and contained a couple surprises too. Ryo's appearance wasn't unexpected, but the state of affairs in the Dark Kingdom was. Despite knowing how ruthless, malicious, and power-hungry most of the youma are, it's hard not to feel sympathy seeing them in what's effectively a concentration camp, and the dynamics between them and the other Sailor Moon monsters are intriguing to ponder. With Ryo as de facto leader, Beneda might be able to make a place for herself in a post-occupation Dark Kingdom. Of course, that's assuming Jadeite or the Silk Lotus leader don't show up. The NWC gaining a clairvoyant who can explain everything to the Sailor Senshi as an ally seems almost too good to be true, so I strongly suspect something will go awry soon. It doesn't even have to be the obvious loose ends from the prequels: Kazuo and Ekim apparently have a spell they plan to target Ranma with in less than 24 hours, and depending on how the liberation goes Ryo might have other concerns than returning to Japan.

Mousse's backstory with Zhang was interesting. More tragic than I expected, but it provides him with a compelling motivation and creates an engaging set-up for what seems like the inevitable rematch. I like the way you had Mousse describe himself as a failed student who built his entire style around the school's least skill-it contrasts nicely with his determination and leaves me eager to see how he uses that "least" skill against Zhang's mastery of all four.

And then there was the Outer Senshi's hilarious misadventure in Nerima. You put Happosai and Tarou to very amusing use interrupting Ryouga's explanation before he could reveal anything that would actually reduce the confusion and misunderstandings currently abounding. I almost feel sorry for Hotaru's misconception here, but if you do pair her with Ryouga then Ryouga being completely oblivious to the budding romance is probably the surest way to get it off the ground.

And then there's the aforementioned Davidson and his mercenary team. One-on-one they don't strike me as a serious threat, but an entire team of them could make for an especially nasty encounter, particularly if they use modern weapons. And considering how much pummeling Ryouga takes in this series, he's probably going to have a painful time ahead unless you take the opposite route and have P-chan affect a stealth rescue. Regardless, I like how you used Hotaru's phone call several chapters ago to reveal her location. It shows that you're being clever and planning ahead and feels more realistic than if Metzger had spontaneously blurted out the information.

Anyway, about the possible rating change you mentioned, my recommendation is to go ahead if you think escalating the intensity will make for a better story. The immediate prequel, "The Dark Lords Strike Back," made good use of the M rating and might have lost some of its impact had you toned the battles down. With the high stakes in this story, similarly going for full intensity might be worthwhile.

At any rate, wonderful job with this update. Developments you seeded earlier are emerging and coming together masterfully while hinting at yet further developments. And even with the setbacks of Davidson's defection and Ryo's rebellion, you've portrayed Kazuo competently enough that I can visualize him riding these storms and even finding ways to turn the chaos to his advantage. After all, even if Setsuna's investigation convinces her that he's up to no good, there's plenty of potential to persuade her that Ranma is the greater evil, and Kazuo is probably in a better position than anyone other than Ryouga to track down Hotaru. So, thanks for sharing, and I eagerly look forward to more.
Fast Frank chapter 8 . 3/4/2014
The Dark Kingdom is shaping up to be the Fenachrone (Skylark of Space Series) of the LoN series. I love the delicious irony of the secret weakness of Tanizaki's personal invincibility being a fifty yen coin.
Jfmam chapter 8 . 3/3/2014
Wow. It's been a bit of a wait, but the wait was worth it. So many developments; it really leaves me wondering where the next chapter will go. Well, the end of this one is pointing in one direction, but of course, this story has a number of threads running at once.
Anyway, great chapter, and I look forward to the next one.
jklugh chapter 8 . 3/2/2014
Nice to see this update again! The story seems to be coming together pretty well now, though there seems to be a bit of a disconnect between the lighter and darker aspects of the story.

Thanks for writing.
Artful Lounger chapter 8 . 3/2/2014
Well, that took a while. But the wait has definitely paid off.

This whole thing took an interesting turn, one that I'm quite happy to say that I was surprised by. I never thought for a moment that the mercs would have that much success. Things just took a much more... direct and straightforward turn.

This will definitely get a real big reaction out of the senshi. After all, this is the worst case scenario, the entire reason they hide their identities in the first place. To say nothing of the fact that they now have three hostages. Without the power-up, the senshi are just normal people so Hotaru and Haruka are pretty helpless at the moment.

Of course, the Senshi will immediately assume that it was Ranma behind the kidnapping and will proceed to seek him out once more to find and rescue their friends. Meanwhile Ranma and company will have the ever so enviable job of trying to convince the senshi about the third side of the struggle with heavy opposition.

But we all know that Ryouga will find some hot water somehow and crack some skulls at the mercenary hideout. And Hotaru will probably end up getting an eyeful in the process. And the 'obvious romance' subplot will have even more fuel thrown into it. I'm looking forward to Ryouga's reaction when these ideas are brought to his attention.

As for the other events, Mousse's backstory was really well done, nothing to say there. And the events in the Dark Kingdom are brought to light. I wasn't expecting a certain esper to show up, but there was nothing too surprising aside from that. I'm curious as to exactly how the youma rebellion will go, but there's no doubt it will be something to see.

Here's looking forward to the next chapter. Hopefully before July.
Hunter chapter 8 . 2/27/2014
This chapter was amazing I can't wait for the next one.
skywiseskychan chapter 8 . 2/26/2014
Well if this isn't a wonderful little Snatch like chapter with everything starting to colide together. With Urawa being behind it all playing Setuna's game far better than she ever has making things even more fun, and reasonable for what comes!
sandcrawlr chapter 8 . 2/26/2014
Great update. I did not expect the dark kingdom to be held hostage like that. Keep up the writing!
Error4North chapter 8 . 2/25/2014
So far an excellent story. Looking forward to seeing how Ranma and co try to get into the Sailor Senshi's good graces.
960 | « Prev Page 1 .. 21 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 41 .. Last Next »