Reviews for The Dark Lords Ascendant
Finwee Lord of Long Winds chapter 14 . 10/26/2016
Hmm. Interesting development. I am excited to see where this goes.
Kolgrimmur Bectelson chapter 14 . 10/26/2016
Very long awaited but certainly worth it.
Resisting the Borg chapter 14 . 10/26/2016
I'm going to have to say, this definitely feels like a "falling action" phase. Like, the climax has ended, and everything is starting to pull together for the end.

So, Tanizaki's philosophy is basically that he wants to be stronger than everyone else? Or is there a side to it that I'm missing?

We've got revelations of Tanizaki's influence, character moments regarding different casualties of the fighting (not dead, but out of action for the moment), hints that Tanizaki has brought something upon the world that he can't control, but II have to say that my absolute favorite scene was Usagi reaching out to Unit Zero. It just seems perfect to her character, and I really want Unit Zero to receive some genuine kindness and caring. Also to see what it does for Tanizaki's plans, but mainly the genuine kindness bit.
DreadedCandiru2 chapter 14 . 10/26/2016
He might have the media but they have Helios. He's doooooooomed.
The Stin chapter 14 . 10/26/2016
I want to say I think I know what your doing with Tanizaki's fighting style and if I'm right then I'm all for it. The strongest part of this chapter is probably just all of the development characters are going through as they lick their wounds. I particularly like how you went into the India backstory in a way which still holds the seriousness and spectacle of your story, but also manages to somehow encapsulate the Ranma 1/2 shenanigans with the magic flute macguffin. All in all, good chapter. I'm just gonna pray now that maybe we get one more before the year is out as a Christmas present...
Death of Snipers chapter 14 . 10/26/2016
well, it's better than last chapter's cliffhanger. I still can't wait for the next one though, your writing is just so amazing, and the moments of quiet reflection were such a great change after all that action, awesome though said action was. One question; is the entity waking up in the magic guy for this storyarc or the next?
silverhawk88 chapter 14 . 10/26/2016
This story is very in depth. It is sorry to see what happened to Usagi, I'm hoping that everything will be all right. It's also nice to see that she is able to talk with unit zero and I can see how that might sway unit zero.

I like the chemistry between Ryouga and Hotaru. They are so sweet together.

I can see who Chibi Usa might mean. Here come the Sailor Starlights! And maybe their princess as well? Can't remember her name.

Oh and oh this was a great chapter. I can't wait for the next one.
gippslander chapter 13 . 10/25/2016
The martial artist who could not bear to deal with Ranma again would have to be Ryu Kumon. The one who responded with amused derision was, I assume, Taro. Their responses are completely in keeping with how I remember them and very funny. On top of which they were both right on the money!

"Maybe a concubine. At best." Another great line, made even better by the combined stunned amazement of Uranus and the earnest incompetence of her interlocuters .
Contrast this with the enormity of what is encountered later.

My only criticism, and a minor one at that, is that scenes involving Hotaru's group felt a bit flat and padded compared to what was happening elsewhere.

When this fic is completed I'm hoping you will try your hand at a purely ranma cast AU. If this trilogy is any guide it would be quite the read.

In any event, cheers and thanks for writing.
Fenixphlame chapter 13 . 10/19/2016
I absolutely love this series. I haven't seen fight scenes so well written in forever. Too bad it looks like one of those many stories I follow that end on a cliffhanger and never get finished.
A.M.C chapter 12 . 10/10/2016
So Dark Lord check list:
Exterdimensional Amy summoning ritual, complete.
Takeover the world, complete.
Without trying, bonus!
Rule over Dark Minions, advanced completion.
Mad scientist, check.
Subverted enemys and Heroes alike, check.
Immortality within reach, sorry for not explaining it check.

...
Naveed chapter 13 . 10/5/2016
You are an incredible writer. This whole series is written so incredibly well. It's clearly thought out. The people are in character - it seems so... believable.

The pace of the story is also brilliant. The plot, the twists, everything keeps pulling me back into the story.

I am waiting eagerly for an update to this story, and its eventual conclusion. I suspect it would be amazing.

Thanks for posting this.

Regards,

Naveed
142 with an 8 chapter 13 . 9/24/2016
Holy F***! This story arc is the s***! I crap my pants in anticipation for the next chapter! Please do keep up your awesome works!
Guest chapter 11 . 9/21/2016
I really should open another window and write this while reading.
I can't remember what I exactly want to comment on and the review seems so short.
It was great.
Never doubt that.
It was epic.
I thank you for writing this.
Guest chapter 10 . 9/21/2016
This Melinoe will be used before the final confrontation O.O
Listening to Ryouga recount that story would have been epic.
And Setsuna not knowing half of what happened is true enough.
A question is; beside healing his knee did Ranma get anything from that possession?

Thank you for writing this.
Guest chapter 9 . 9/21/2016
And this should be enough to convince the Senshi that the Nerima crew have good intentions.
Davidson must be PISSED following that convoluted backtracking trail of Ryouga.
Thank you for writing this.
911 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »