Reviews for In the Cave
SNaylor chapter 17 . 4/7
What a fascinating story!
YoreReader chapter 17 . 12/8/2013
Great ending. I'm glad Annie brought him out of his shell, err, his cave. Now they'll live happily ever after.

And his parents were not THAT bad. James is the wise one. Danielle's still the master baker.
YoreReader chapter 16 . 12/8/2013
Oh, they sealed the deal. Thank goodness they cleared the air between them. They're now on the same page. Onwards to live life to the fullest. He's going to do it!
YoreReader chapter 15 . 12/8/2013
I knew I liked him. Now I know why. James is a good guy! Good for him for pushing Auggie to make a decision. I think all he needed was a nudge in the right direction from someone he completely trusted. Well now. He's going after her! ;)
YoreReader chapter 14 . 12/8/2013
Oh oh. I guess he's not quite ready to join the outside world? Joan and Annie mean well. I think he's going to see that. And since he IS unhappy where he's at, it's the logical choice to move out and start over. I think he's afraid and uncertain. Maybe Annie can help with that.
YoreReader chapter 13 . 12/8/2013
That dinner was excruciating. No wonder Auggie was apprehensive and didn't want Annie to accept the invitation. At least it was civilized and Annie held her own.

Now on to their after dinner munchies.
YoreReader chapter 12 . 12/8/2013
Haha. Auggie's thinking of dinner as a battlefield of sorts. Do you think his parents would resort to a food fight? Imagining their facial expressions gives me the giggles.
YoreReader chapter 11 . 12/8/2013
It's meet the parents. Dinner. Cookies for dessert. Yum! It's for Auggie anyway.
YoreReader chapter 10 . 12/8/2013
She's disarmed him. Enough for him to start confiding in her and talking to her and slowly becoming friends with her. Good for Annie! If anyone could do it, it'd be her.
YoreReader chapter 9 . 12/8/2013
He gave her a gift. How sweet! So he enjoyed himself after all. And he was so nervous about it, too. I wonder if this is the first of many more outings to come? Will he go out with her again I hope?

Annie's starting to see the man underneath the recluse. And she likes what she's discovered.
YoreReader chapter 8 . 12/8/2013
Ooh, they're off!
YoreReader chapter 7 . 12/8/2013
Oh ho - she invited him out. And he accepted! Will wonders never cease? I look forward to their outing.
YoreReader chapter 6 . 12/8/2013
Oh, I like James. He's very perceptive and observant. He knows Auggie pretty well.

Slowly but surely, they're getting to know each other. Opening up, pretty soon they'll be friends. And then who knows what next?
YoreReader chapter 5 . 12/8/2013
Oh my. Auggie's Mom is a piece of work. Was that an aberration or is she really like that? In the end she apologized to Annie so I hope she's not.

See? They're getting along better now. There's hope.
YoreReader chapter 4 . 12/8/2013
So he's confided in her. And now they're communicating electronically when they're just side by side in a room together. Kids! Talk to each other. It's going to be okay.