Reviews for Retroactive
pivom9co chapter 8 . 10/31
I like how you made Azula and imposter mirror each other. Though, at first sight, their positions are different, essentially they have a lot in common. Ironically, it seems that Azula's decision to help the imposter is moving her away from her former self that Azula is trying to restore (even in such thing like losing her distinctive blue fire).
maripaz6 chapter 14 . 10/28
Wait. Was the Azula we see in the series a brainwashed drone of her father? And now, after how many other "therapies", we're seeing her real self? *jaw drops* That would be so cool!
maripaz6 chapter 11 . 10/25
Sokka. Your Sokkka is amazing. "You can Qi-block doors now?" *laughs* Only Sokka XD
maripaz6 chapter 10 . 10/25
LONG FENG?!

Long Feng has been mass-producing Azulas? Wicked! And the symbolism in this fic is really good. Mianju and her effect on Azula's Qi and the blue flames returning was epic!
maripaz6 chapter 1 . 10/23
The chilld when i saw this: "And Suki herself. Firebending. "Yeah, I'm a fan.""

Aaaaaaaaaaah she's Azula! She's Azula! I think it's time to give this fic another try, and I'm fangirling so hard right now...
pivom9co chapter 7 . 8/8
Poor Mianju/Joo Dee. Being brainwashed into thinking she's rightful Fire Lord Azula and still Shingyung's last line reveals who is in charge. I really feel sorry for her. \

Also I like how Azula started to question her identity again when she was shocked meeting double before recovered completely.
pivom9co chapter 6 . 7/7
Haha, I like how Azula used 'this happened with my friend and her boyfriend' cover story to trick captain Toru.

Also, good job on creating Azula 2.0 with all of this intertwining of 'Gaang' morality on subconscious level and 'Ozai' morality on conscious. It's interesting to observe how the latter justifies actions of the former.
pivom9co chapter 5 . 6/30
Ozai's justification of social Darwinism is really suitable to his personality. Now my headcanon that while in prison he's eventually wrote a book about 'his struggle', 'will to power' and 'master-slave morality'.
pivom9co chapter 4 . 6/27
At least, somewhere deep, part of Suki is still living, even after what happened with Ozai because I don't remember if he's alive or not. On the other hand, I can not help but note that Azula is a born saboteur.
pivom9co chapter 3 . 6/26
It's just occur to me that Ozai actions with the bucket of sand has SO MUCH symbolism. Aside of it, it's really creative way to overcome brainwashing.
pivom9co chapter 2 . 6/25
Reading it second time is making completely different and even darker impression. Some hints here and there, Suki considering to order or trick Ty Lee... Also Dong Min confusion about morality fits in the world like that.
pivom9co chapter 1 . 6/25
I started re-reading this story, and this chapter's last lines are still eerie :D
Mistystarshine chapter 16 . 9/2/2016
ALRIGHT. This is probably one of my favorite chapters, along with Mianqu's death. It was heart-wrenching in all the right ways. Also, two review-demanding chapters in a row! I love it.
Mistystarshine chapter 15 . 9/1/2016
OH MY GOD. The entire past three chapters were creepy, but I just, WOW.

Kuei. D: I genuinely liked him. That said, I love how you portrayed Azula's guilt and like that she didn't make his death directly her fault. (eff Long Feng)

Also, she's forgotten everything since arriving with Yang, but I have a feeling that she'll remember and Mianqu will have something to do with it. After all, she said she'd never forget her name.
Mistystarshine chapter 9 . 8/31/2016
Reading this story for the first time and loving it so far. Was going to save my review for the end, but oh man, this chapter. THIS CHAPTER. I am crying. It is three A.M. and I should be asleep, but I am crying over this fanfic. Your writing is exquisite and I love the way you characterize Azula/Suki. It's one of the more unique ways I've seen her developed.

I like to think that Mianju realized that her friend really was Azula in her last few moments. I liked Azula's desperation to save her, but my favorite part of the chapter was probably the entire ending scene. I liked that Mianju remembered herself in the end and loved all the dialogue.

I'm pretty sure I would sell Shingyu to satan for one cornchip. (I do like the way you write your OCs, though!)

Can't wait to read more. 3