Reviews for Inside These Lines
TuxedoCat42 chapter 5 . 8/4/2013
This was/is great! Is there a part two?
Guest chapter 5 . 6/9/2013
Hope you update this again. I just found it and I'm hooked. )
Kentish Princess chapter 5 . 3/31/2013
Where's part 2? This is soooo brilliant!
Wish you would update, love the mike/connie interactions that you write :)
whoisklr chapter 5 . 1/23/2013
I really adore your story. I find your characterization of Mike and Connie quite spot on, (which is rare). The story line you've developed fits a Law & Order universe that I wished had carried on on TV, so thankfully we have stories like yours to fill that void!

I do hope you'll find the time to update! :)
InspirationPoint chapter 5 . 9/30/2012
Just found this wonderful story! Great characterizations and plot; I'm dying for the next chapter. Can't wait for more!
JustBecause2012 chapter 5 . 8/26/2012
Glad to see this story updated, with a nice long chapter to boot!
Firstmate chapter 4 . 7/29/2012
Hope you can extend the story, write more chapters.
EasyArgonaut88 chapter 4 . 7/14/2012
Just now catching up on this and I need to say that it is really similar to other stories I've read on here and this is coming from a gal that doesn't pay much attention to this fandom anymore.

If not for that then I would like it a lot because you have created a true to life image of 2 people who are not sure where to go with their feelings. Nothing too roamntic about it. I really thought you did a good job with the family relationships. The funeral speech was nice.

Also maybe focus more on either the case or the relationship because its not easy to get the right balance. I don't know if anybody can do it. Just my opinion and I'm just a reader though!
suzzzette chapter 4 . 7/10/2012
I'm loving this story so much! Everyone seems very much in character - I hate reading fic where people act all out of character! Like many others, I have a post-finale canon for Mike/Connie in my head. Actually, I have two different canons - one that accounts for Connie's move and one that ignores it entirely and just carries on where we left off. Either way, I'm so not over Mike/Connie yet. Why am I not over them yet? Anyway, thanks for fic - I'm really enjoying it.
JustBecause2012 chapter 4 . 7/9/2012
Phew. Glad you didn't have Mike leave Connie alone in LA; I figured he would go out to her.

"Mike struggled to keep his face as it was. 'I'd like you to come back … but you can't work for me.'" - Hoping this is because he's about to confess his undying love for her, and that he's rather be her boyfriend (*snicker*) than her boss. ;)

Another enjoyable chapter! Thanks for writing. :)
canterlevi chapter 3 . 7/7/2012
Updates make me happy! I really like that Connie still comes to Mike when she feels upset. And for some reason, when she called the first time, I love that he answered the phone with a soft, "Hey." There's something sexy about that. Maybe it's just the thought of LR saying something soft in *my* ear gives me shivers!

Also, his comment about being too hard on Jack was amusing. As Colonel Potter said in M*A*S*H, 'it's hard to enjoy the circus when you're in charge of all the clowns...'
JustBecause2012 chapter 3 . 7/7/2012
Poor Connie, alone in LA. I enjoyed your writing of her need to be strong, and of Mike's concern for her. I really liked this chapter and am looking forward to the next one!
JustBecause2012 chapter 2 . 7/5/2012
Ooh, it's always nice to have a new Mike-Connie story to read! I'm not happy with the whole "Connie in LA" business, and I like where you're going with trying to bring the two of them back together.'ve got a guest appearance from Jack McCoy (love it!).
canterlevi chapter 2 . 7/4/2012
First let me say I love that Mike and Jack still keep in touch! Also, Mike rescuing Connie from the boring wedding was lovely! I thought his manner around his (apparently) huge apartment/brownstone was a bit odd, but I think that is more due to the writing (I sent you a PM RE: the writing. I hope I haven't offended you.) than the characterization. I think the whole 'touring the apartment' scene could've used a bit more teasing out, writing-wise, to make it a bit tighter and more natural-sounding.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
I'm a sucker for Cutterosa stories... I agree with DaisyDay, I love the picture! I think most shippers like to think that Mike would have a picture of Connie on his desk ;) Your case seems very interesting and you clearly worked hard to getting the details just right! Poor, Mike, though! Obviously Dekker twisted his words! I hope there is a reconciliation in the near future :)