Reviews for Monsters Like Us
SixPerfections chapter 1 . 1/16/2014
I really liked this first chapter... I mean its kinda rough since I have no idea what happened in the comics to make everyone be so pissed at Illyana and hell.. I'm not even that familiar with her powers. But I like X-Men and this was good. Even Bastard!Scott as I call him whenever he gets all alpha ruthless leader on ya. Anyway good chapter :)
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
Wow. Nice. VERY good beginning to this tale.

But you'd said in the beginning note that it was only going to be two chapters and now it's up to seven and I'm really, REALLY glad because you are a CRACKING good writer and I am SERIOUSLY looking forward to the rest of this!
my time is now chapter 6 . 11/6/2012
Loved the chapter, the interactions were very good, piotr and kitty being one. I used to love their pairing but from recent happenings, not too much. Many things happened, cant wait for more.
my time is now chapter 5 . 10/8/2012
Damn chapter, my head is reeling after reading all this, so much informations and things to process, i loved it., Cant wait for the mystery to be solved in the next chapter.
my time is now chapter 4 . 9/23/2012
A long and intense chapter, just the way i like it. So many things happening. Liking the new pete and jubilee interactions. Loving the story.
Verthril chapter 4 . 9/23/2012
You have no idea how much I laughed aloud at reading "Claudette misses her paint set. Look, she's been reduced to working with biscuits and jelly. It's both demeaning and delicious,"

Very good chapter and the addition of Marius to it is a very suiting villain. Well worth the wait as always. Jubilee and Piotr snogging is wonderful too, and yes while I do love Laura, in a team dynamic given her issues she might not get the proper attention to work through them.

The twins are awesome and having Monet now in the mix is great. The brother sister relationship between Illyana and Piotr is awesome too.

Welp, once again many thanks!

Toodles!
my time is now chapter 3 . 9/2/2012
Wow a long and a fantastic chapter. Nothing more to say, i loved it very much. I cant discuss all points here, so i just go with update soon.
Verthril chapter 3 . 9/2/2012
Yay new chapter!

Love it! Great characterizations again, good job there.

Also loving the reintroduction of the St. Croix family and Penance, always loved her.

I cannot wait to see where the 'two little wolvies' is going, but between the two of them it's got to be epic :)

And of course a dash of Spider-man is always awesome.

Many thanks!
Wolvmbm chapter 3 . 9/2/2012
Great update as I can see Logan going to follow them if Laura is missing as well. :(

Nice reunion between Jubilee and Monet as it was one worth waiting for and nice cameo appearance of Spidey in his Future Foundation costume. :D

Please do keep up the good work upon such a great tale as I cannot wait to see what happens next in this story of yours. :D
Jeanniebird chapter 2 . 8/22/2012
Wow, a very well-writen story! I love the interaction betwen Piotr and Illyana, you nailed the chemesty between these two characters.
While reading the first chapter I couldn't help but think that it's history repeating itself. This is a job which fits directly into the describtion of X-Force. I first thought this would be another incarnation of the team with Magik and Colossus/Juggernaut. But I like that they were instead allowed to leave.
To be perfectly honest, I think I like the second chapter even more than the first one, because of Jubilee. She often lacked lifeliness after her transformation into a vampire (pun very much intended), so I enjoy how you write her. You don't try to ignore the fact that she became a vampire but you didn't kill her personality either.
To sum it up, I wouldn't mind at all if this becomes a series :)
Verthril chapter 2 . 8/17/2012
Great update, pleased as punch that it might become a series :) I'll just be over here patiently waiting for the next chapter ;)
my time is now chapter 2 . 8/16/2012
Wow a long update and i loved it. I loved the interaction between the characters. It just proves that illyana is now not just a grown up woman but also an able leader and strategist. Cant wait to see more of this story and more of piotr.
Wolvmbm chapter 2 . 8/16/2012
I felt this was an interesting chapter and a very interesting outlook on how Pitor Rasputin look at the current situation of things with his younger sister and how he starting to realize that she is a clever one who has very few qualms about her actions.

Yet I wonder what he thinks of Kitty now that things are a bit complicate enough around their lives ? :(

Nice Wolverine and Jubilee role in this tale, as it seems that Jubilee could understand what's it like to have some darkness inside a person. :(

Please do keep up the good work upon such a great tale as I cannot wait to see what you have planned for the next chapter of this story of yours. :)
Wolvmbm chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
Interesting concept you got here as Illyana has truly change the way many of the X-men looks at her.

One has to wonder if there is any humanity left in her besides her love for her own brother to understand the concept of the trouble she caused. :(

Still it was a nice idea and I cannot wait to see what happens in part 2 of this tale of yours.
my time is now chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
I loved this chapter. Colossus has always been my most favourite x men character and here reading him with his sister together certainly felt good. So they are leaving utopia, cant wait for the next chapter.