Reviews for For the greater good
panda1222 chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
Not bad, but you overdid it with the itallics. Itallics are great for emphasizing something but too many and it loses it's purpose. But otherwise, not bad.
The Seven Horcruxes chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
Oh this is so SAD! The ending! Oh, poor Dumbledore! You captured his emotions and his personality perfectly, and I could just imagine Grindlewald in my head, even though we don't learn much about him in canon.

Another beautiful fic, flawless save for a small spelling error, but it was easily overlooked for "The Greater Good." See what I did there?

Regardless, I enjoyed it. Prepare to be favourited: You've consistantly impressed me, both with your stories and your kind reviews.
ohfenrir chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
I love Albus/Gellert fics, but of course one has to remember that Grindelwald is evil and I think you really captured that in this. We see how Dumbledore is taken in by him at first, and loves him and his ideas, but then realises how wrong he is and has to fight against him. I like how the recurring 'for the greater good' changes to mean defeating Grindelwald rather than subjugating Muggles. It's quite tragic, the end, how Dumbledore appeals for their love then realises he wasn't loved in return. :( I think you've captured their relationship quite perfectly, actually - and the ending is really, really sad. Poor Dumbledore. I also like the pacing, and how you use italics for 'him' instead of using their names until the very end. Great job! :)
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
For placing third in this event, you should receive one review from each judge. If you don't get all of them within 2 weeks, please let me know and I will sort it out.

And, this is my review:

I really like that you wrote this in a canon sense. We have a basic idea of Dumbledore's feelings and what happened, but nothing really set in stone. I really loved the ending and how he vowed to never fall in love again. It could work, it really could. He was hurt by Gellert and he didn't want to feel that again. It was lovely.

Spelling and grammar were pretty good and there were no blaring mistakes. Well done and congrats for placing third.
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
[he now had the care for his younger brother and sister.] - he now had /to/ care for his younger brother and sister.

[so sharp, … and so] - so sharp...and so

[He had come to stay with his aunt Mathilda, who was their neighbour.] - you could say that as "he had come to stay with their his aunt Mathilda, their neighbour."

[that was still causing him nightmares] - that still caused him nightmares - has more of a punch to it.

[They had stood opposite one another, he was challenging him. ] - semicolon instead of a comma.

I love the ending. Tragic, symbolic and complete all rolled into one. Actually, I like the whole second half; the first one could do with a little rewording though. It starts off a little dully to end at such an anti-climax. In fact, it reminds me of the starting of The Great Gatsby, and since that's so classic, it automatically invites a predisposition, you know. One thing is the reflection, length and imagery in Fitzgerald's prose. And considering the whole story isn't contained in the summer of 1989, it's not the best ending to start off with.
cherryredxx chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
Very interesting story and, I have to say, I give you so much credit for how much improvement you've made in your SpaG. I refuse to be harsh on you in that regard since you're a non-native speaker and you do so well! I never much went for this pairing, but I like how, rather than showing a romantic relationship, you instead explained how the relationship and the events following affected the character. Very interesting!
Uni Shall Not Sink chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
I really liked this. It was quite a interestin take on things, I liked how you kept sayin "for the greater good" not just because it's the title, but because it kind of detects sarcasm. Like in the line "He had used him, for the greater good".

I saw a few mistakes, but nothing too bad. "Ow how he reretted it then." I'm assuming the ow is supposed to be Oh, if so I think there should be a comma after it? Not sure :P. And if it isn't supposed to be Oh, I'm assumin it was supposed to be how and you made a mistake. Also "Surely he couldn't be behind all this murders?" The this should be these, or murders should be murder.

All in all great story! :)
ladyoftheknightley chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Wow, this was really powerful! I loved the way you portrayed Albus trying to justify to himself the horrible things Grindelwald was saying, and it was really interesting that you didn't mention his name until the very end, yet it was still obvious who it was about. The last line was particularly heart-wrenching, poor Dumbledore! This was very well-written, thank you for sharing :)