Reviews for The Turks' Way
altenativefuturefan27 chapter 4 . 5/22
That ending is Hilarious after so much trouble of catching him and trying to dig into his background they find themselves offering him a position XD
Nagamoon chapter 4 . 5/21
Well. That was a awesome fic. Adding to my fav.
MajinBakaHentai chapter 4 . 5/21
This has been an interesting read, I do so love time travel fix-its, and this is a great one for fixing everything in FF7.

I did wonder if, in the end, "Lance" would end up being taken out by the Turks as too much of a danger, even though they may not know the full extent of everything he did, but the idea of them recruiting him to join them would mean he can continue to help make things better from the inside, while everything he's set up on the outside is now moving under it's own steam.

Great little story, it has been a nice little return to an old fandom of mine.
RaytokiSakataAwesome chapter 4 . 5/16
I fucking love it! I wonder what will happen when Vincent and 'Lance' met each other?
Shade the Hero chapter 4 . 5/6
Well damn! I love this story. It's so different and unique and I've never seen anything like it! This is a masterpiece! I love how you really solidified the friendship between Gen and Seph. And turned the tables at that. Instead of having Gen get Seph to lose it and become unstable you had Seph be the sanity anchor to Gen! To have him hold him down and tell him straight up, "We'll get through this!" I LOVE it! lol, it's actually funny to see Cloud end up acting like Zack anyway and this time without the guilt of doing so.

It's easy to see why this has so many favs, but I feel it still needs more. alas, I am only one person; one more fav, but this has earned an eternal spot in my favs. Thank you for writing this and for allowing me to read this amazing adventure. :)
Shade the Hero chapter 3 . 5/6
I loved every single paragragh in this chapter. However, my favorite had to be the part where Cloud and Zack lectured their own mentors and pretty much having the role of student and mentor switched. That was hilarious. And I loved how Sephiroth got them their old positions back and I loved how Aerith can still outsmart Vincent. xD Roping him into painting, she's a genius. xD
Shade the Hero chapter 2 . 5/6
Wow, that's pretty awesome of Vincent. And I find it totally awesome that not only does Cloud meet a younger, before-the-boy-ever-joined-SOLDIER, Zack Fair but that the two become best friends anyway. I guess some things are just meant to be. :) And I find the idea of a little Yuffie having a crush on Cloud and following him around to be totally adorable. xD I really love where this is going.
Shade the Hero chapter 1 . 5/6
I never believed it possible for Vincent to laugh and remain IC, but you've proved me wrong and I'm happy to say that. :) This is brilliant. So many stories exist of a time-traveling Cloud, but Vincent? Not so much. I think I've stumbled upon a rare gem with this one. :)
alemery chapter 4 . 4/21
This is epic! I'm squealing like a three year old girl!
Shiki chapter 4 . 4/12
OMG AWESOME!
I was worried a bit there at the end but OMG just so cool! XD Go Vinny! Go TURKS!

This has been an amazing story to read. It's just a pity that a lot of it is blocks of text rather than actual, engaging narrative. I would love to see all of this paced out into several chapters. I know the end results would be much the same since I'd know what was coming but there's more drama that way and I would love to see the characters' relationships for myself rather than be informed that they are so. Because it all sounds so AWESOME! XD

...And once more, just for kicks - SO AWESOME!

All the best,
Shiki
Emmy Scribe Protra chapter 4 . 2/12
I love love looooove how Vincent goes about fixing things.
Icefield chapter 4 . 2/9
Wow, that was really intense!
I almost bursted in tears when Sephiroth just went and said "I am your son". Somehow I can totally imagine exactly how Older!Vincent was feeling at that moment, even though the emotions are way to complex to describe in words...
'Bittersweet' is really the best term for it.

As I was reading, I kept thinking 'omg I wish someone would do this and that for poor Vincent to make him happier', and then realized that's exactly what Older!Vincent was doing for his younger self. It didn't make it any less bittersweet.

And Vincent is probably going to keep that little secret forever, since revealing it to anyone relevant would probably defeat the very purpose of erasing the history in the first place. They are happy and content because they have no idea what could have been, what would have been. Which is why the life of Vincent himself would never be as perfect, simply because he knows it's not perfect. Despite a plan perfectly, Turkishly, excuted.

Dammit, I'm totally rambling now.

But anyway, at least it is a somewhat happy ending. Really, what else can he be, if not a Turk? Tseng was smart enough to see how his skill set was just so perfectly aligned with that of a Turk. I can just imagine him be like 'OK. I still need to kill a few people and blow up some reactors and all, but OK.' and Reno be like 'dude you serious yo?' and Tseng just stares for a few minutes before regaining his cool... *insane giggles*
It may not be perfect, but I suppose Vincent would at least find peace and happiness.
And he won't be bored. Vincent the Super Turk getting smashed in a bar out of sheer boredom and conveniently forgetting his own cover story is just too hilarious...

Love how you portrayed Vincent, and how the plot moved along. This story deserves a lot more reviews than I can give.
Love it!
shyd1 chapter 4 . 1/14
Great story!
I loved Vincent's take on time travel!
This is actually the 2nd time I've read this, I couldn't help rereading it!
spiritwinned chapter 4 . 1/11
Haha, I loved it! Sticking with Vincent's POV and not having him shadow everything allows you to move the plot quickly and effectively. I like the "happy ending" that is proof that Vincent's work in this timeline was a success. A few logistical thoughts popped up while I was reading, though (in case you were ever thinking of revisiting this plot for recreation or the story for editorial reasons - it surely doesn't particularly need changing):

1. It's unclear how much time passes early on, while Vincent and Cloud are traveling. For a while, I thought that Cloud was still around 8-10 years old when Vincent makes arrangements with Genesis.

2. How did Vincent manage to justify getting in touch with everyone from Cloud's old team? i.e. Did he just happen to pick Cid "at random" to talk to Cloud from all of the denizens from Rocket Town and convince him to spend enough time with Cloud for the two of them to actually become friends?

3. Does Cloud (or anyone else who may have had access to Vincent's photos) never recognize that "Lance Strife" looks just like Vincent Valentine?

4. Given that the newly-woken Vincent's memory differs from what Sephiroth tells him, wouldn't Vincent want to confirm the changes with some research? And wouldn't that research inevitably lead him to discover "Lance's" forgeries?

5. If "Lance" joins the Turks, I imagine there'd be a much higher chance of him getting recognized by either ShinRa staff or the ShinRa computer systems. Especially if the awoken Vincent Valentine decides to return to the Turks in light of his "son" still being loyal to the company. Or if Vincent Valentine ever catches the attention of the Turks (say, by being recovered from MIA status or by turning out to be Sephiroth's dad).

6. I suppose Vincent is too shocked by Sephiroth's announcement to notice Lance breaking down in the shadows or hastily escaping.

7. If Vincent chooses to rejoin the Turks, might they always distrust him for not sharing his motives? It might be easier to just eliminate him to avoid the risks, even if they'd be losing a very strong potential asset (I just don't think they'd be comfortable taking him without knowing if he's a friend or a foe, given how strong an adversary he can be).

I hope you don't take my ponderings personally or as any sort of attack on your story - it's actually because I get invested in a story I want to believe that it's true that I "troubleshoot" it. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this fic. I rarely add stories to my Favourites list, but this story and the quality of your narrative just did it for me !

P.S. The [general] lack of typos and grammatical errors is a HUGE bonus that I unfortunately fail to see in many fics. Well done!