Reviews for First Speech
Mscallo chapter 3 . 5/25
I liked everything. Katniss is really something odd right now. Totally not what one is used to reading about. Her conception of Peeta and his wants is something else. Peeta is quite the gentleman. He truly wants to be a gentleman and get to know her-ahh.
Fenris Jin chapter 2 . 5/12
Somewhere along the way, I kind of wished Peeta was indeed a pick-up artist.. xD
Fenris Jin chapter 1 . 5/12
Wow. I would have never thought I'd sympathize far more over Gale's plight than Everdeen, but there you have it.

I'm just happy Gale is home free and hopefully unscathed so I can happily and selfishly just worry about Peeta. xD
LiveWriteReadLove.Lit.Everlark chapter 20 . 3/11
Again loved this story! Just everything Katniss and Peeta went through in their past plus together. Also who doesn't love Bubby. That ending was just perfect too. The Everlark was a roller coaster but in the end it was so beautiful. :)
insidejokepartyof1 chapter 20 . 1/24
I really enjoyed reading this story. Though i feel it would have been helpful if the flashbacks maybe stated whose flashback it was with the dates and ages.
You are so funny! I thought this chapter was beautiful, and so is the whole story. No pitchforks here .
Mystiqueforever chapter 20 . 9/17/2014
Fabulous story! Loved it!
ExTaCy925 chapter 20 . 9/14/2014
That was beautiful I loved it.
sixela872 chapter 20 . 8/18/2014
I just finished this story over on AO3. Left kudos there and am leaving a review here to give the story an even 1020!

All I can say is this is was beautiful. As much as I love the best friends turned lovers trope, I think it's important to show that sometimes opposite sex best friends are meant to remain best friends, And that such friendships can be deep and wonderful and beautiful but still strictly platonic. I like explorations of KAtniss and Gale as strictly friends bc I think that's ultimately what they were meant to be.

What I also liked is how Peeta and Madge supported K/G's friendship. The scene where Peeta presented the painting to Gale at the wedding was one of my favorites and actually made me tear up. Peeta and Madge loved their partners so much that they each took special steps to ensure Gale and Katniss, respectively, knew that. Those were really important steps in their own relationships and I loved seeing that included.

I'm glad Katniss and Peeta worked to improve their communication. Poor communication caused a number of their problems. Of course Peeta wouldn't respond to Katniss drunk proclamation of love - she was drunk! He wanted to be sure it was real and when he heard it was I think he got a bit scared so couldn't immediately respond. I love that Katniss initiated the 'I love you because' notes and actions - I think her initiation really reinforced the genuine nature of her feelings.

His rules were just a defense mechanism, as were Katniss' outbursts and flight response to tough situations. In the end, the 10 days or so they took to talk without physical contact was probably where they needed to start.

Fabulous fabulous story.
Guest chapter 20 . 8/11/2014
This story was completely OOC and not at all related to THG in any way that I could see, but it was entertaining. The Bubby parts were the best because the idea of Peeta having a disabled brother was an original idea and the way you wrote it rang true. That was the only part that really stood out to me, though. If you keep writing in the future, I'd say you have a pretty good way with words but every once in a while there is something that comes off as really funny (not in a good way) that ruins the maturity of your writing and makes it sound like Honey Boo Boo wrote random paragraphs here and there. For example, I couldn't take this story seriously after you compared Peeta's dick to a soda can and there were a lot of moments like that early on (almost like parts had not been edited or read again before posting?) but then the quality of your writing got better towards the end.
liljennmartin chapter 20 . 6/26/2014
This was truly an amazing story...It may have taken awhile...but it was definitely worth the wait!
dorkycorky88 chapter 20 . 6/17/2014
Great ending. I wish there was more concerning Bubby at the end. I know he's there with him but I want to know if he ever got out of the loving facility.
dorkycorky88 chapter 18 . 6/17/2014
Thanks for making me cry. This is probably my favorite chapter, except when Bubby is in them. I hope he is somewhere in the last two!
dorkycorky88 chapter 16 . 6/17/2014
Oh boy that was intense
dorkycorky88 chapter 5 . 6/17/2014
Oh Gale don't frack this up!
1,028 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »