Reviews for Series: Another Thirteen Steps: Crimes
SixPerfections chapter 5 . 6/19/2013
You're so good at the Fuffy. I've looked at what stories you've written now and you are much more a Willow/Buffy shipper than a Fuffy fan. Sacrilege! :P. Well I'm just going to respectfully suggest you do some more Fuffy. Why? To change things up and because it is all kinds of amazing. 'Nuff said.

I will check out some of your other stories later tho. Pretty cool.

Peace.
SixPerfections chapter 4 . 6/19/2013
The romantic plot thickens... I get what you meant by not being complicated by an overabundance of angst. I must say this it is a nice change... those two always have a tortured relationship in most fics it seems. It was a really nice scene in this chapter. Really liking this work, and your style of writing is growing on me. Good stuff.
SixPerfections chapter 3 . 6/19/2013
This is kinda weird. Since when are these two comfortable all nekkid around each other in a bathtub? Oh well Im still enjoying it and going on to the next chapter )
SixPerfections chapter 2 . 6/19/2013
Ok I gotta admit. The first chapter was kinda a mess (IMO) and I was feeling impatient. I just skimmed it real quick and got the Gist the Giles strong-armed Faith into working for him. Then I read chapter 2 and it's pretty great. It made sense and things got rolling pretty quick. I guess I should take that as advice, hit the ground running with stories 'cuz first impressions matter. But after your second chappy I totally want to know what happens next. So I will keep reading :). I love reading Faith, dunno why it just does it for me :D
Guest chapter 22 . 8/22/2012
Yeah, I do understand why this prison is so popular, either. Maybe has to do with the fact that, there's no other fanfiction site really like it. I mean, adultfanfic has pretty crappy catorgising. You can never find anything, nor search by how long the fic, or, when it was published. Makes it hard. But, I bet ya, if they fixed that up, people from here that keep getting their M rated stunning true to life fic's (They say let you imagination fun free, and, yet, won't let you post stories with details of something that nearly all people do in real life. Sex. Morons.) deleted from this site in the 'purges' would run and post their ficcies there amass. But, the reason I came here was to say. PLEASE FINISH THIS GLORIOUS FIC! I really like it, incase you couldn't tell. :)
Jess Tiggs chapter 23 . 8/4/2012
I took the time to go to your page an read your essays. Then I went back and re-read the whole story again. It made much more sense :)
I really like your style of writing and your great use of vocabulary. Before the essay I knew Faith was falling apart but I didn't know why. That's what made it frustrating the first go around. Knowing the reason behind her breakdown made it easier to relate to her experiences.
Even though she doesn't remember the situations shaping her reactions, for the reader to have that information going into the emotional chaos is a great help.
I get what you are trying to do, thanks to chapter 23. I would still like an author's note at the beginning of the chapter; something as simple as "Faith remembers more of the truama through dreams". But it's your story and you should write it the way you invision it playing out. I'll keep reading whether or not I understand what's happening. Your style is just so smooth and compelling. And you write emotions and thoughts so well.
Please keep updating.
Valyssia chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
A number of people have complained that this story is confusing. My response to all has been that it's supposed to be. I know that that might sound mean, or bitchy, but it's also the blunted truth. This is a story that involves a nervous breakdown. That collapse is shown from a first person point-of-view. It will be confusing. It will be harsh. It will be unpleasant.

It will also be unique. It's a trade off and a gamble. I knew I'd send people packing because it was difficult to follow. I wished there was a way to avoid that, but there wasn't. You won't see a published author taking this kind of risk with their audience. It will only happen here.

For your edification, here are couple of essays that might help you to understand what I had in mind:

valyssia. dreamwidth

valyssia. dreamwidth.

Damn for not allowing us to post links to other resources without screwing around. This is the only place I have this story posted that I did not initially include supporting material.

I hope the links aren't culled from this post. If they aren't, just remove the spaces. *sigh*
Jess Tiggs chapter 22 . 7/25/2012
First off, I like how the story is written. You have a great vocabulary and use it superbly in your descriptions. Faith's character is very true to form. While her thoughts might have big words, her dialog is perfect which I like.
But like a few others, I've been confused for most of this story over the past few weeks. I keep thinking the next update will explain things but it leaves me feeling more frustrated than enlightened. And not a good frustrated.
Having not read the comics really hinders getting involved with the plot. I have no idea what's going on and I've read many stories that have the comic base. So I feel I have a basic knowledge of some key things in the comics but I have little reference to them in your story.
I really think you're talented and I enjoy your style, but I want read it with an understanding of these comic circumstances I'm not familiar with. I don't know how you could "fix" this besides a clearer disclaimer about reading Season 8 before tackling your story.
Any how, please keep updating. Even though have no idea of what's happening, I love the Faith/Buffy(Buffy) interactions. :)
newreader chapter 22 . 7/24/2012
Been reading this the last couple of days, really like your style of writing. Love the flow of consciousness style since I first read "Fight Club". But since I am unfamiliar with the comic book/season 8 storylines, I'm a bit confused. Well, really confused. Is there any way you can give me like a little clarifying statement so that I can understand what happened after Buffy and Faith got together. The weird dream chapters just blew my mind. Thanks. Btw, keep up the good work. Probably one of the most original fics I've read in a while.
madison4865 chapter 13 . 7/15/2012
i'm lost, i'll admit it! i'm going to your site to read it, maybe a continuous stream will make it easier for me. it is interesting, each chapter by itself, its putting them toghter that i'm having trouble with!this was an enlightening chapter.
madison4865 chapter 12 . 7/14/2012
mucha lucha the mexican wrestler from cartoons? thats what he looks like? yikes! so is this a warning or something that already happened? warning i think. and the smell that would be buffy and its waking her up? at least i hope it is. still hanging in there!
madison4865 chapter 11 . 7/13/2012
well that was kind of sweet, buffy carrying faith! i dont think i missed something, so how did faith cut her leg? and what was with faith seeing kako when buffy landed beside her? i'm really glad faith feels safe with buffy. very nice.
madison4865 chapter 10 . 7/12/2012
the thing that sticks out in my head is "george bush didn't just buy his diploma from yale". glad to see i'm not the only one who thinks he did! so what was faith stressed about? i love her hand having a mind of its own, getting into trouble all by itself. quite a jump from the last chapter, something wicked seems to be going on. still hooked.
madison4865 chapter 9 . 7/11/2012
that was a good talk between them. i would really like to understand buffys fasination with screwing vamps? is it she runs so hot and they cool her off? or just because they are evil? cant wait to see what the rent-a-cop is looking at! nice!
madison4865 chapter 8 . 7/10/2012
that last sentence "we might actually be okay" kind of like tempting fate, faith should know better! this was a very good chapter. i really liked buffy brushing faiths hair, and faith letting her, the interaction between buffy and maeve, and the report on the news about the bomb. buffy seems so unsure of herself, but with her track record i can see why. faith is funny, she cant just take things at face value, but then thats because i think shes afraid of getting hurt! nice job!