Reviews for To Start a Fire: vol 1
7happybears chapter 12 . 11/7
I love your writing so much!
ParrishGranger chapter 1 . 10/14
So good! can't wait for part 2
donutlovestea chapter 12 . 7/18
Oh man I love all of these! Love your writing style, plots and characterisation. Somehow some of the stories really felt incomplete to me to the point that I was annoyed that you stopped at that particular setting/moment, but I guess that's why we keep coming back for more right? Thank you and please please continue writing!
okay maybe this is my favorite. i love it. i love it. i can't wait for part2. this was so good. i want more. i want his story. i love ionichi. i love shikamaru's development. i loved the confession. i love her relationship with choji and ino. yes yes YASS
it's not complex. you're not an item to be won and sex isn't a game i wanted to play. god i love this. somehow it's different than your usual version of shikamaru yet also is so... RIGHT. like it's always simple and he wants nothing to be complicated or active. he's like, oh, i dig her, lemme tell her that's it. it's easy. (even with the: don't get me wrong, i burn for you. i've thought about that line a lot for years)
god i want more of this. i love detective. i hope they really fall in love. or just had amazing sex and think about it forever after that
too upsetting. too depressing. nope noppe nope
(except too good...)
honestly this is my favorite (easily) of any canon-divergent piece you've ever done. it's so sad, but so real. it's like in a war suddenly a relationship that might have been more complicated, doesn't become that way. they become easy because everything else is so hard. i love it, even though it is so sad. i can really see this being canon (of course we know now it isn't), but this just seems so legit
i never watch city hunter... maybe i should? i'm always interested in post-break up shikamaru and then jealous shikamaru because of course he would be passive in that but then active in jealousy. i so see that.
the circularity of this is one of my favorite things. it reminds me of what you said in the eleanor rigby reference on tumblr (in case you haven't noticed i'm going through and reviewing everything in appreciation of your work post-ooc issue you mentioned). like in each scene, depending kind of on what is important, two very different things are pointed out, and it changes the entire story. perfectly.
this, and it's sequel, are so exciting. i always think of parent trap when i think of gambling. and the sexual tension! i bet they had really exciting sex when they were in college. like creaky beds and dirty sheets and socks on the knobs and card playing in their underwear. okay now i'm in fantasy world.
probably still done, right? not together? this is so rough...
too funny. i wonder, if you were to still write a sequel, what would it be like?
super into this kind of dual manipulation
i remember when this happened. i love your au's, but i also love shit like this. please write more in the naruto-verse!